Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn Registered

Thanks mate!!

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You have been waiting for years for a car that was first announced 8 months ago? Exageration is strong, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Nimugp likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Marc Collins did you drive the 225HP version IRL? Looking for SR3 videos tends to bring up versions with 260-280, turbo, etc. This one maxes out at around 226 from my limited running.

My T500 is completely fine to drive with full/straight settings (60% control panel, 1.0 FFB, no minimum, no smoothing), but there is a notched/rolling feel towards centre. It was more noticeable at low speed but it's still there on track. However, this and other threads seem to suggest FFB settings/profiles are getting messed up sometimes. People getting very strange behaviour are fixing it by resetting files, unrelated to vehicle behaviour. Hopefully this and corrupted cbash/shaders can be fixed.

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It´s not in the ffb code, its a result of understeering and its suspension geometry related. Use higher caster values and you will notice less reduction of centerforce. But for cars without a possible adjustment, like the Radical, you are lost. :) The only thing that might help is to increase the steer force minimum torque, but thats not usefull to because the wheels starts to rattle to the left and right. The other thing is to avoid such cars. I have a CSW V2 and a G27 and i can tell you, that its nearly impossible the feel reduction of center force using the G27, while with the V2 its perfect with some cars and with others its really annoying but a way better than with the old CSW V1 where the effect was so strong, that it felt like driving on ice after the initial turn in with minimal understeer. What we need is a useable minimum torque setting without this annoying rattle. Actually it´s not useable

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Increasing STS (steering torque sensitivity) should reduce the gap between low and high forces, reducing this drop off. But zero is still zero, so it shouldn't cause the rattling (may still contribute to oscillations though).

*I might add, I think this is the sort of thing (and probably some others) that should be in the UI somewhere, and settings like this should be made default for cheaper/weaker controllers. The F2 having a realistic caster setting, and a now default unrealistic (but hopefully better for weak wheels) setting, doesn't promote confidence in the sim being a pure sim. Plus caster affects more than just FFB volume/shape. I think it would be better to shape the FFB than to adjust the physics of cars.

Of course I know ISI moved away from this shaping FFB with rF2 because of the popularity of realfeel (which was really just using the steering arm force the game already calculated), but if you're going to cater for the masses and their controllers I think it's better to do just that, and have us all on the same correct physics, than to go the other way.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Marc Collins and Emery like this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I have a DFGT and the car is fantastic lol, but then I'm not too picky about FFB. Had great online races today in the SRC server

7. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I never had the luck to drive a Radical in my life but I agree with you, specially about handling and FFB, when I drove it the first time I thinked "oh nice car" but after I gave another go without the post release wow effect and...well I thinked the same, this car shouldn't act as AWD and FFB should be near to USF 2000...

8. tpw

tpw Registered

A beautiful and great sounding release which can be a lot of fun to drive. For me personally though at this stage it feels more like a mod car than a 1st party release since it requires settings adjustments that no other official content does. It's the only s397 release where I have to nerf both my FFB settings* and my AI settings** relative to all my other content. Until these things are refined a little*** this potentially awesome car won't be getting the love it deserves on my system.

* only dialling up FFB smoothing to 6 will stop the constant T300 rattling, at the expense of much road feel. Minimum force is already at 0.

** only neutering AI difficulty to 85-90 allows a hope of keeping up with them on straights, but then they are useless in corners.

*** I have faith that they will be

9. bears

bears Registered

Thanks mate a clean DX11 install fixed it thanks so much for your assistance it was driving me crazy

Marek Lesniak likes this.
  10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What's your strength setting in Thrustmaster control panel? As with a T300 you should always aim for 0 smoothing. Mines at 60% with smoothing on 0, I don't get any bad rattling at all.

FYI AI issue has been noted.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  11. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I really like this car, and now after reading the comments i'm scared that s397 will change something :(

12. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Very annoying rattle on a T300 here too. Tremor and noise is even worse than in a G27 without smoothing. Adjusted some parameters corrects but is not the solution since FFB does not feel quite right then.

The car is a lot of fun although it seems quite "easy" to carry since it is very difficult to lose. I was playing for a long time and I do not remember doing any spins with the car all day. I'm not an Alien but I was pushing really hard at many times and although the car was not very stable, it was 100% controllable. Some block, some big slide, much understeer ... but always under control.

More tests today with the setup to see if it improves the feeling a little.

13. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Does people with the ffb rattle have damping effect on?

14. tpw

tpw Registered

Mine's at 70%. The point is the Radical is the only official rF2 content which rattles my T300 like it's my old G27. The problem is not at my end.

Guimengo likes this.
  15. tpw

tpw Registered

Makes no difference on my setup running damper at 0% or 100%

16. jayblue

jayblue Registered

No issues with FFB rattling or feeling vague on my T500 RS, minimum torque set to 0% and smoothing at 4 in game.
    Had a blast driving this car since release, I love the way it slides on throttle in the corners in a progressive and controllable way. The AI do seem to have 50hp more than me on the straights though!

Korva7 likes this.
  17. whitmore

whitmore Registered

An interesting aspect is that engine file lists the engine as the 1500cc version which is not the standard engine for these cars.
    1500 CC engine is good for 260HP.
    Also the max speed the car achieves is only equal to the 1345cc standard version engine.
    Info referenced from Radical Australia webpage.

Guimengo and Mulero like this.
  18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well just maybe it is, try with a fresh controller ini file also use the wheel check program to find the right FFB as I've read most T300 users are below 70%.
    Other T300 users are also finding the radical just fine, my guess is faulty controller ini from a build has messed things up as others have found a fresh one fixes other issues, so it's definitely worth a try at least :)

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  19. tpw

tpw Registered

Cheers mate I appreciate the help. I'll let you know how I go

MarcG likes this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered