SOLVED Sonoma Raceway with the stockcar layout?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brent, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Brent

Brent Registered

Hi, I installed the Sonoma Raceway V1.35 track by @mianiak. The track has the full layout but not the layout with "The Chute" bypassing turns 5 & 6 and the added 7a jog. Does anyone know if the stockcar layout has been created for RF2? If so where could I download it? I'm hoping to find this layout before our HHRL league race next week, otherwise we'll run the full layout. It looks like "The Chute" layout would be relatively easy to create from the full layout.

Thanks,

Brent

2. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Just investigated this a little myself. Doesn't look hard. You can edit the .scn file in the Main.Mas file within the installed track file to remove the cones(already did this myself just not able to pick out which ones were which so I deleted them all). Add the .scn file back into the .mas file and repack. From there it should just be redoing the AIW file to reset all the lines and get rid of the cut track penalty.

3. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Just to add, since curiosity got the better of me...

May be harder than it first appeared. That track, atleast the 1.35 version, crashes when you try to use dev mode to adjust the AIW file.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Have you tried with a fresh AIW instead of adjusting the original? More work as you'll have to redo the pit boxes of course.

5. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

There is a rFactor version that you can do a quick a dirty conversion if you don't plan on using the AI. Probably would only take a day or so to get it running, I've done a Sonoma track conversion but haven't messed with it or obtained permission by the original artist to distribute it but I can say it's fairly easy or rather easier than you would think if you haven't done conversions before.

6. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

I haven't as far as removing the old AIW from the mas file. I just did some quick messing around with it last night after I saw the post and got curious. One of the MAS files is encrypted though. From some quick searching, it appears that these can make the dev mode crash as it doesn't know how to decrypt them?

7. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

The 1.35 version is really a good track, would be nice to see that finished up to include the Nascar layout. It seems like the plan was in place to make multiple layouts, just never happened for whatever reason. The unused part of the layout is still pretty much complete with all the curbing, etc, just needs to have the edits done to it to enable that part of the track. Like I mentioned in the post above though, part of it is locked down at the moment so trying to make the adjustments within the AIW file are proving to be a nightmare.

8. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

I believe for encrypted components you just have to explicitly place the path location to the .MAS (encrypted) of the SCN file.

Example
    SearchPath=.
    SearchPath=TrackName
    SearchPath=TrackName\encryptedMAS.MAS <-- like this
    SearchPath=TrackName\LayoutName
    SearchPath=TrackName\Assets\GMTs
    SearchPath=TrackName\Assets\MAPs
    SearchPath=TrackName\Assets\ANIMs

I had to do this for the stockcars as they have an encrypted file as well and doing this I was able to load them in DEV Mode. Not sure what else though if that doesn't work.

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

Been looking for Sonoma, can someone share a link?

10. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

11. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Always a good chance I'm doing this the wrong way but here is what is in the .scn file now

SearchPath=SEARSPOINTRW\SEARSPOINTRW_GMT.MAS
    SearchPath=SEARSPOINTRW\MAP
    SearchPath=SEARSPOINTRW\SEARSPOINTRW
    SearchPath=SEARSPOINTRW
    SearchPath=E:\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\LOCATIONS

The GMT.MAS is the only one that appears to be encrypted
    Still crashed dev mode as soon as the layout screen starts to load.

12. Brent

Brent Registered

philmcqueen likes this.