Messed Up FFB [RESOLVED]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by not_him_59, Jun 25, 2017.

1. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

My version of rf2 since updating to the DX11 version had been unplayable due to the FFB being messed up. I have ecperienced the pulling to apex as others have described, but the info itself is just a mess and so I am unable to tell what the car is doing until I see it confirmed on screen. This was following a completely clean and new install i.e. no saved ini files etc. A good friend @TOCA2FREAK who has helped me many times before with rF2 suggested I re do the wheel install.

To cut a long story short, what I found was that I had not properly selected the wheel type as the first part of setting it up. The application seemed to recognise my wheel/base/pedal combination and so I just began mapping directly my buttons and saved but the FFB was always an unusable mess.

What I did that has resolved the problems is to manually load the wheel profile
    (incidentally I chose a different profile as the one chosen automatically by the rF2 interface would not recognise my Clubsport pedals). Then I redid the button mappings and saved this config and all seems really good now. I have tried several cars, including the Enduracers mods and the FFB is now very clearly working correctly once more.

vegaguy5555 and Alex72 like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

So do front wheel drive cars feel ok now to you,they were the only ones that displayed that weird ffb,rwd cars were for for me.

3. patchedupdemon

If you didn't choose the one rf2 came up with,which wheel profile did you load,what was it called

4. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Haven't tried any FWD cars yet but now it seems like FFB is all good, I'll d/l one and report back and edit this post.
    edit: @patchedupdemon , bear in mind I am not familiar with fwd cars' ffb. I just tried the civic, don't know what it is supposed to feel like but I didn't like it. At low gear high torque there is a lot of pull to the sides, either left or right depending on the wheel position. It is not so bad if you tune the fronts to toe-in instead of toe-out.

the profile rF2 chose for me was the Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500 but as that is the one I had problems with I chose Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Do you have advanced mode selected in the thrustmaster control panel? For the Ferrari rim this is important.

6. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Yes @Christopher Elliott always have had it selected.

7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Hmm i have to test this since i also have messed up FFB. Also turning to apex automatically here and there plus really weak center FFB. I thought the devs either change the FFB code or installation was borked. I talked to more people last night, even a guy doing 24H RD Vesario Le Mans race who had the same thing. Was just about to reinstall but check here first.

Hope your solution will fix mine too. Thanks.

EDIT: YES! Thank you @not_him_59 :) It worked for me too.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  8. Christopher Elliott

Thanks. When you originally "detected" did you have the Ferrari rim connected?

9. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

yes

10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I too would like to report a resolved pull to apex feeling with my G27 driving the latest version of the F2 car. Problem existed with just this car but with both dx9 and dx11. After deleting controller json and all files in controller folder then deleing player json I did a verify files restarted the game remapped steering and pedals saved as a fresh controller profile leaving all settings at default. Straight away when driving out of the pits i could tell steering was same as all other cars. Turnimg laps steeeing characterisrics exactly as would be expected

bwana and Alex72 like this.
  11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Same here. As soon as i throttle a bit and turned out of the pits i felt "YES! Its back!". :)

12. patchedupdemon

So you didn't select a profile,you just manually configured the wheel,if so could you clarify pls as i will try this if so

13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

All this sounds like the FFB Strength in the Controller JSON was set to a positive number instead of a negative number or vice versa.

kro388th likes this.
  14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

No mate. It wasnt the negative thing which i know what you mean. This was way way more messed up lol. Basically it was like "steering help" was set to sort of kinda 50% where at some corners the car would steer itself. The wheel started steering if you let go. :D Really messed up plus FFB at center wheel (deadzone FFB) was really weak. Luckily it could be fixed. :)

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Sledge or lump hammer? :D

16. Christopher Elliott

If any of you kept your old controller.JSON, can you please upload it for us to look at. Thanks!

17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Luckily none of the two cause that would have made high FFB deadzone and autosteering heaven! :D

@Christopher argh i just saved over them with the controller brand preset... I chose my wheel brand preset, made the changes and then saved them as my old .JSON names so i guess they are useless to you now.

18. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Patcheddemon. What evef profile the game auto detects on restart is where i started. Simply remapped and resaved with new name all settings default.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  19. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

@Christopher Elliott , here you go, had to rename file type to txt tho.
    I think this is the original Controller json too

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think probably there are two different issues, and it may have made recent discussions in this area a bit confusing. It does sound like your steering was off in some way, in the same way as this thread describes.

But, unless I'm doing something terribly wrong, the F2 does have unusual FFB, and that might be what others are referring to when discussing it. I did a quick test in the F2 using the realistic caster setting, and steering shaft torque went from -5Nm at 34.5° steering (wheel) and -1.22 G (lateral), to +0.14Nm at 105° steering and -1.86 G, with oscillations further into the positive. I think that's unusual in terms of other cars, so people will rightly say it's weird. If there's an issue with wheel profiles and FFB that will just obfuscate things.