[REL] Toronto 2017

Discussion in 'Locations' started by iDTDoug, Jun 6, 2017.

1. guga_cyr

guga_cyr Registered

I'm loving this track atm. Drive round reminiscing about weekends lost playing Indycar Racing back in the day. It's not exactly pretty, but it's got plenty of character which is all I need to have some fun :cool:

Looking forward to the auto updates on steam trickling through, thanks Doug!

2. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Next update will have shadow groups enabled. Warning! Max setting has walls/fence shadows enabled. High will have trees. The rest is medium or low.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    MarcG and Guimengo like this.
  3. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

what causes the "shadow bubble" that follows a car as it drives? It seems to cast a shadow on everything.. It didnt show up until I added shadows to the walls.

Attached Files:

4. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

steam updated. Because this was a conversion and a street circuit, all the walls are individually placed, and in max (and in rf2 without shadows), it's hard to tell that most of the walls are sitting just above the track surface, making a tiny gap and allowing light through that you don't see if shadows are set to high (wall/fence shadows are in the max group) so I had to adjust a lot of walls down, and they are still far from perfect but its better than no shadows at all. No more updates on the public version this week, I need to transfer the shadows to the simx version which has different tires and get them an update, then i'm on vacation until next week.
    [​IMG]

5. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks, Doug. Looking real good. Happy holidays - you deserve some fun, eh.

6. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Is this track not compatible with dx9?
    20170622155731_1.jpg 20170622155840_1.jpg 20170622155919_1.jpg

7. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

no, this is a dx11 track only for the moment. The seam in the 2nd photo is real, its where pit lane used to peel off to the right so it exists in real life. Its different pavement. Although it looks like they resurfaced a bunch for this year from their facebook photos. The last photo "hole" ive been trying to locate in the mesh but can't seem to find it, still working on it.

8. Schumi

Schumi Registered

Thanks, I understand!

9. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Steam updated. fixed hole in track. lowered some pit walls. working on a dx9 version..

hitm4k3r likes this.
  10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

The track surface is very grainy
    Is it not to much work to use same/similar textures as Isi or 397 has so can look uniformed to Rfactor 2 ?

Just watching progress thanks for sharing your work

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Because it's grainy and rough in real life. It's a street that's used in daily life.

12. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

the real road textures do need work. the bumps stay.

ede78 and Guimengo like this.
  13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

looks like no street road surface I've ever seen , but big thanks Doug for reply

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

IIRC RF2 will eventually move over and be 100% DX11 and drop DX9 completely (Pretty sure it was in a Roadmap), not sure when that's happening but it may be worth finding out as to whether it's worth your time making a DX9 version. Unless it doesn't take long of course, in which case go for it :)

15. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I asked about this already, as my pc won't run the DX11 version well. There will always be a DX9 version available to rF2 users. I believe M. Offermans was who told me...? So please quit spreading incorrect information about rF2 on their boards.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

From the April Roadmap:
    Our goal is to ensure that we have a stable release for everybody, allowing us to begin phasing out the DX9 build altogether after a few months.

So I'm not spreading incorrect information unless it has changed since then but there's nothing else I can find on that :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    TwoHardCore likes this.
  17. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Okay, I stand corrected. Well then maybe M. Offermans (?) gave me some bad info's ? I'd assume this info coming from the dev, his word would be good. Mind you it was told to me on the discord channel where I'm not sure I can go look up the conversation? I'd like to re-visit it if I could...if the game I purchased and is running fine on my pc gets changed and will no longer run on my pc due to the updates, then I hope s397 will be refunding my $85 as I will not be able to play at that point. And when I purchased, there was no mention of upgrading the game engine so only modern hardware could run it.

Guimengo likes this.
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

what is your PC specs? DX11 is running near the same performance as DX9. Also you can't expect sims to run on toasters forever (I have toaster :D )

19. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

11-15 fps (DX11) is not near the same performance I get on DX9. My PC can run AC flawlessly (which is DX11).

I've got an Athlon X2-265 & AMD HD 6670, 8GB RAM...and runs DX9 rF2 just fine. Upgrading is not an option unless folks wish to donate old hardware to me.

Guimengo likes this.
  20. Emery

Emery Registered

What level of post-processing makes your DX11 run that poorly? DX11 with no post-processing should be close to DX9 performance, though maybe your video card is too old to have any decent DX11 capability.