Released Subscribe to the latest DX11 updated Content!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

My thoughts as well! Great stuff!

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Oooooo think I'll give it a try tomorrow

3. kimbo

kimbo Registered

the f2 is simply fantastic, almost perfect.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Any idea why I am subscribed to Sao Paulo 2013 on Steam and SaoPaulo_2013* v1.07 shows up in my Launcher list of mods, but I have no Sao Paulo track in the sim?

5. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Did you unsubscribe/uninstall the old ISI version first?

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

How do you do that,I've unsubbed on steam but can still see files in rf2 for it,do I have to delete these one by one

7. stonec

stonec Registered

Uninstalling/unsubbing old ISI version should be automatic, because S397 removes the workshop item from the old ISI workshop when they release a new update. The problem is that you might still have old rfmods refencing to the old Interlagos track, in which case it doesn't get uninstalled automatically unless you uninstall the rfmods as well. The second reason is that lots of tracks use duplicate naming for GDB entry, so for example a league Interlagos track is probably named identical in the GDB to the ISI/S397 one, and then it blocks the S397 version from showing in the menu. It's an old issue though, which has always been there.

bravotangosix and patchedupdemon like this.
  8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

My bet is that the old version is probably in use by some vmods/race-events. If you delete those vmods (or update them to replace the old for the new version) than it should work. At least, I think it's that, I have had that happen too, and since a vmod is downloaded each time you enter a server, it can become quite a mess if you don't remove the unused ones from time to time.....

patchedupdemon likes this.
  9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Jo, I hope they change this with new UI. It´s really annoying to research where this vmod may hide (or better said which it is)
    espacially as you have to use the external modmanager to be able to do this properly!
    Vmod should be automaticly uninstalled (warning window with list of affected mods/vmods, please!) when uninstalling
    peace of content.

bwana, Louis, Emery and 1 other person like this.
  10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is much easier to directly go to installed folder in the windows browser and delete whichever content that you want to uninstall. Affected race events (vmod) will be easily spotted with mod manager appearing as damaged mods.

11. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

FFB is solid here but Oculus over sampling doesn't work anymore. Didn't have time to check it with other software.

rF2 runs at 45 smooth with my 1080Ti but when it tries to go over, not to 90, 50 -60 gets jumpy. I tried turning PP's down and stock SS made no difference.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No kidding! The manual searching and sorting required by this system, exacerbated by the free-for-all naming conventions by both ISI and modders has always been my number one annoyance with rF2.

I already tried to confirm that I had no prior version or alternate version of Brazil/Interlagos/Sao Paulo. Looking in the Locations folder directly conforms this (only 1.07 of the official version is in there). How does one locate these unwanted and "hidden" mods that I never installed on purpose? I can assume they are not "Vehicles" or "UI" or "Talent" or "Sound"or "Showroom" or "Nations" or "HUD" or "Commentary." That leaves:

"MultiCmp:"
    • I have four of these and they are all car series that have nothing to do with Interlagos
    • ???
    "Mod:"
    • How do you tell which of these might affect a particular track???
    • Based on the names of them, you can't tell if they are cars, series, or some combination of the two
    • About half are workshop items and half legacy
    "Location:"
    • A good chance for a duplicate GDB here
      • Why would these not be flagged as errors so you can't even load a track with a duplicate entry to an official (or unofficial) track? Modders would figure that out pretty quickly on there own or 5 seconds after distribution
    • Thanks to chaotic and inconsistent naming, one has to go through with a fine-toothed comb and look at every single entry--which I had already done before I wrote the first message
    • ???

This, combined with what looks like a year-long exercise just to get DX11 running properly and the old content converted to DX11 (but otherwise not updated in most cases despite needing it), is why I rarely use rF2 any more and have almost given hope for it. It's just too much work for too little gain. AMS is slightly less sophisticated in a couple of important ways, but beats rF2 in a couple of other important ways and it just works. And whenever something doesn't work, it gets patched within hours usually. Every car is consistent feel and handling relative to each other (as you would expect in a supposed simulation). Every car and track is built to the same standard and when an improvement is introduced, all content gets it either immediately or within a very short time frame. Enough said for me.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

The * indicates it is in use, likely by a RaceEvent (aka mod downloaded from a server).

14. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We don't support multi-cmps for a while now :) We cleaned them out and replaced all of our multi-rfcmps with single, that was well over 1.5 years ago iirc.
    I'd recommend uninstalling all of those.

I would just clean out (uninstall) all of your RaceEvents (rfmods) if you don't need them.
    We're fine with criticism, and we're building on user feedback - but this is just a bit of rant though ;)
    The new UI will make a lot of these things easier, so hang in there.

kro388th, Alex72, taylajee and 9 others like this.
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It also seems to indicate a Workshop Item. How do you tell which it is without hovering over every single one?

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for trying to help.

None of the Multi Cmps are ISI and none relate in any way to Sao Paulo that one would guess or be able to determine.

I don't have a Type/category called Race Events. How do I find and get rid of them?

17. stonec

stonec Registered

In my experience this is most likely the culprit. When this happens, I usually go through all locations using the old mod manager located in the bin32 folder. Then I check all tracks that could possibly have conflicts (in this case, track name could be Autodromo José Carlos Place, Sao Paulo, Interlagos, etc., or it could be named as a league track such as Round 15: Interlagos). It's an issue I complained many times to ISI about, but they never fixed it. S397 will hopefully bring an entire new way of handling cars and tracks when the new UI gets released.

kro388th likes this.
  18. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Botched installation for anyone who read my post before. I unsubbed and deleted the F2 folder and resubbed. All good! Nice car! :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    kro388th likes this.
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How do you get the old ModMgr to use the correct directories for Installed? There is no folder selection option for that (like there is for and Working Directory and Packages). I am assuming that because it is pointing to a wrong directory that it explains why every item in the Manager says not installed. But who knows? This is one more unreasonable step required to get a stock track to run. As mentioned, I already triple or quadruple checked that I have no competing or potentially overlapping tracks installed. I wouldn't install another Interlagos track anyway, unless it was better than the ISI one. None were/are.

20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

BTW seems like performance was up again in the latest patch. And not just up, but UP! :cool: Didnt see stutter in some areas of some tracks i had before. Even in the better build a while ago. So its even better now. Great work.

BTW the F2 on my crappy wheel the FFB deadzone is a bit too much. USF2000 has no deadzone. Pumped up the minimum force but it doesnt help much. Going on a straight full speed there is almost no feeling in the wheel while in USF2000 the wheel is moving back and forth as the wheels goes over bumps/dips. Great car otherwise. Very fun to drive. Thanks S397!

Marc Collins likes this.