Primary Gfx Card now no longer visable in rF2 Video Setup.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Radar, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Radar

Radar Registered

Latest update has now removed my primary GFX card from the list.

I have 5x screens in total, 4 are plugged into the GTX 980ti, the other screen plugged into the GTX650.
    They are not all working at once, I disable the 3x screens when not playing racing games and just use the 2x screens on my desk. The 3x screens are disabled through Windows 10 display settings..

The bigger of the 2x screens I use to play single player games, modding, etc and the smaller screen is just to give me extra work space environment to move my work around on the desktop which is why it's plugged into the GTX 650. It's not to run games on.

Since DX11 first came out the ability to choose my Surround setup was removed from the Video pull down list (was listed as NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980ti Secondary).

The above was raised as a bug and still has not been resolved.. The work around for this was to make the 3x screens (surround displays) the primary display making my work environment screens the secondary, then resorting back once I disabled the surround displays.

Since this latest update (19/6/17) the 980ti (my primary display adapter) has also now been removed leaving me to play rF2 on only the one small screen on the GTX 650.

Below are the screens shots displaying the setup. In DX9 I have no problems with the display and it even displays my surround displays as a 3rd pull down display to choose from.

Windows 10 with all screens on.
    upload_2017-6-20_20-37-25.png
    NVIDIA Control panel.
    upload_2017-6-20_20-38-48.png

rF2 Video Setup.
    upload_2017-6-20_20-39-33.png

2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

I also have a primary and secondery card - a Geforce Gtx 950 m and a Intel HD,wich is the only one, physicaly connected to the HDMI-Out Port.
    And they do not get it right to work since the Beta Programm started.Same here ,lotsa trouble.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Dady Cairo: Don´t you have to plug the monitor directly in the Nvidia card to work??:confused:

4. Radar

Radar Registered

????

2x GFX cards, 5x Monitors in total. Yes I have them plugged in.

Not sure what you meant by that comment, I've read it like I've done something silly but I may have misinterpreted your message.

It's a bug as Dady Cairo has also experienced. Currently we can't play rF2 unless we remove the 2nd card. That is something I'm doing for the sake of playing a game, then plugging the other card back in again..

FYI. Unplugging the monitor from the GTX 650 doesn't resolve the issue. It detects the other card and only this card.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Sorry, this question was for Dady Cairo.

6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

7. Radar

Radar Registered

Update...

The latest update has now fixed my problem, although it now shows my surround display as #2 (as per below image) it now does not display my second GFX card. Again not an issue for me but still a bug if other users cannot select their display.

upload_2017-6-22_21-24-13.png

EDIT.. It would appear looking at Video Display driver version, It may well have been my Windows 10 updates that caused the issue. I say could be as I re-installed the latest Nvidia GFX drivers ticking the box "Clean install" to see if this would do anything...

Jury out but @Dady Cairo , maybe try reinstalling the drivers in case Windows updates caused the problem.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Drathuu likes this.
  8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Understood.

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

@Radar
    I done that-Lenovo had special drivers updated this year from nvidia.
    Tryed then the newest drivers wich cause the same or other strange effects,only in RF2.
    No problems in AC,Automobilista,Stock Car Extrem.
    Will try it later again,but i don't belive in wonders over night.Though i wish....