[REL] TrackMapPlugin V0.96 32bit & 64bit

Discussion in 'Other' started by fazerbox, Dec 24, 2014.

1. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

I have to throw my 2 cents in here and say that I agree that TrackMap is the most important plugin to ever exist(my opinion), and it remains to this date the only plugin Ive ever even downloaded. And Fazer, if you ever read this, thank you immensely. :)

DX11 is cool, no real difference in FPS for me; settings max with gtx960 4gb. But the gfx upgrade - as stated before on this thread - does not justify the loss of this great plugin. Like previously stated here, replays are a slideshow... and for whatever reason, I get terrible FPS in the garage unless I fullscreen the "monitor". Fine on track though.

I know its all been said before, but another voice couldnt hurt the cause; I will not even consider upgrading to dx11 until there is something that at least mimics this. I could care less about the map itself, its all about the real-time telemetry. I race in an endurance league, and the strategy changes every lap. Without TrackMap, I would have no chance.

I read on a different thread of this forum, that someone asked Fazerbox personally about an update, and he said that he handed over the source files to ISI/S397 a long time ago. So if anything were to happen in this respect, it's pretty much all on S397. The thoughts that they might integrate with their new UI is most promising. Although if they dont, and someone is capable of creating a real-time telemtry plugin(tyres, brakes and fuel) for the dx11 platform, I truly hope that they are able to share it. I would be most appreciative.

S397 have done a great job so far since their takeover, I really hope that they continue on the right path.
    Regards,
    rocket

Davvid, sherpa25, Ho3n3r and 3 others like this.
  2. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Well, this was a quite interesting brainfart.

3. rocketjockeyr6

Poorly structured and large, sure. But what makes it a brainfart?
    TL;DR TrackMap is more important than dx11 to me.

BigDuke6 and mavericckk like this.
  4. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

without track map is a hard work for me .Hope that it back again.

5. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Ahem, just my 2 eurocent but...why don't make the trakmap plugin an external app for phones/tablet or better for second monitor?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

that method is already co-existing with the dx11 update. You plug-in guys should start digging!

7. suryaprihadi

suryaprihadi Registered

Thank you FazerBox :) ,where ever you are now.
    Finally I get it to work ...

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I misunderstood, but I do not work with dx11

9. suryaprihadi

suryaprihadi Registered

I mean DX9 not DX11.
    I heard it wont work with DX11.

10. AbeWoz

AbeWoz Registered

trackmap is awesome (when it works)
    new to rF2 so apologies if this fix is mentioned somewhere else, but Trackmap loads just fine for me, but disappears every few seconds, and reappears a few seconds later, and repeats.

Not sure if its a 64-bit, or windows 10 issue, but i've tried the Ctrl+F flickering fix method but no go.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

11. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Odd. I've used TM for years in rF1 & 2, with no problems, now in 64bit Win 10. Ctrl+F does stop flickering as well as display FPS, but I've never had it disappear and reappear like you describe.

It does use a few FPS cycles, but I've never had it do that. My ideas:
    1) Try a fresh install or go into rF2 options and be sure all other display plugins are disabled, and confirm whether it works correctly.
    2) Be sure you are using the latest version v.96, and Directx and VC runtimes(in a subfolder) are up to date.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just in case..TM doesn`t work with the DX11 build of rF2...

13. AbeWoz

AbeWoz Registered

yeah i'm running DX9.
    I wonder if it's an nvidia surround issue?

I've tried turning on and off Widescreen HUD and Stretch UI but the problem remains.

14. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

I understand many depended on Trackmap but I never used as I didn't like messing up my cockpit view. I'm sure many have heard of RacePad... out of curiousity, what "necessary" stuff does Trackmap offer that RacePad doesn't? In long run an external device seems like the better solution, other than the cost of the device ($60-$80 for used gen 1 iPad). I also use an Android pad for DashMeterPro for the things RacePad lacks, I don't need any on-screen apps.

upload_2017-6-19_22-15-22.png

upload_2017-6-19_22-15-51.png

upload_2017-6-19_22-16-16.png

upload_2017-6-19_22-16-43.png

15. rocketjockeyr6

AbeWoz, Ernie and Juergen-BY like this.
  16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I'm following with care the option to have in the future TM printing data under DX11. I'm the co-author of GID and TM, so I could be not sincere... but in effect rFactor2 without it/them I'm feeling alone in front of my monitor, especially in MP.
    And the mandatory info (also visual to don't hurt in driving) and positioned all in front of you but as you prefer, selecting widgets you want to use in race and/or in quali and/or in practice and/or at monitor (to know what is the best moment to exit the pits) is unique for a better quality in racing.
    Without forgetting the useful real time info during the development of the mods... I'm sure that S397 will take care of it!

17. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

For one, it's on my screen, so I don't need to hook up other devices and look away from the screen to get information, just like a real driver with a pitcrew in his ear. Also, a tablet is just an extra thing that can go wrong - falling down, battery going flat etc.

18. FS7

FS7 Registered

There's your answer right there.
    I know other people prefer a separate screen/device for race info but I don't see any point in spending extra money on a device that I'm not going to use for anything else, especially taking into account that most other games have the option to enable all those things in-game without the need for plugins or additional devices.
    Hopefully the new UI/hud will be better than the current one and have all of that info.

Ho3n3r, AbeWoz and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  19. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I was having a similar problem, running multiview and 'driver name labels' on (TAB-button). When a car-label appeared in my center-screen, TM on my right monitor disappears. Switching the labels off solved the issue.

AbeWoz likes this.
  20. AbeWoz

AbeWoz Registered

I'll give that a shot.
    I also figured out a temp fix. If I open the triple screen settings 'Ctrl+=' while in-game, and jut move the window all the way off screen, it solves the issue.