Omni Night light problem

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by DA-DIGGA, Jun 19, 2017.

1. DA-DIGGA

DA-DIGGA Registered

Hello, I have a problem with the omni night reflection. The end of the surface meshes looks black also the trees and other objects no take the light. The first pic is one position of the track but the issue is also on other positions. I think all settings are correct in scn,gdb. have tried and tested a lot but can not find a solution. Can anyone help me or is that a bug in rf2?

Attached Files:

2. toebee

toebee Registered

Purely a guess here but it looks like a problem with your normals or possibly broken vertices?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

At first I was going to say check that Omni is ticked, BUT after seeing the pic with the car headlights lighting up the darkened road I'm guessing you have to many Omni's on the one mesh? Max count is 20 omnis per mesh the cheat sheet says. Headlights are part of that count and have preference.

4. DA-DIGGA

DA-DIGGA Registered

Hi, normals all ok and the omni are always tagged. I found the solution. I reduce the Range of the Nightlight omnis in the scn now its all fine. Old 200 new 75. @ Nibiru thx for the tip but this I've already read :) and was not the problem. Best Regards
    PR Update coming soon :)

Eddy and Nibiru like this.