Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

The slides are not intentional, but they tend to happen when you are pushing the car, I race with very fast drivers. :)
    Here is a scenario: (this actually happened)
    A friend and I are racing, I am in front, he is just behind. Defending, I try to brake as late as possible, and trail-brake through the corner. This leads to a slide. Naturally, the slide would slow me down, and my friend would likely pass if I couldnt recover quick enough. In this case, the gap grows as the slide increases my corner speed. The opposite of what should happen.

The rest of the physical behavior feels good to me, it is just that big slides are not penalized by a loss of speed. I dont know which part of the physics is the culprit, tyres I presume. Theres just too much grip in the slide. If this were corrected, the mod would be perfect in my eyes. :)

My friends and I are considering an endurance cup with this mod. We just had one with Endu's; 10 1-hour races with fuel/tyres at 2x to force pit stops. Very good, close, hard racing.:cool: Usually when Im racing hard, a slide or two will happen within the time of the race. Especially at tracks like the Nordschleife. :D

Im sure this issue wouldnt ruin the experience, but this is the one thing I feel this mod needs to be the ultimate GT simulator. :)

2. rocketjockeyr6

A Viper too??? Oooooohhhh, jealous for sure! :)
    Will these be released to the community, or pay only? o_O
    A GT cup with that kind of diversity in the field would be a dream come true for sure. :cool:

2ndLastJedi and Jake Loewenstein like this.
  3. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Registered

@Shawn Jacobs look at that list!

Fantastic job on this mod guys, the Porsche is one of my favourite cars of all Sims to drive. Did a 12 hour of bathurst with it and loved every minute of it. Cannot wait for the dx11 update to the mod so I can drive it again :)

Shawn Jacobs and yoss like this.
  4. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Why
    Why am i missing some of these cars @yoss?

2ndLastJedi and rocketjockeyr6 like this.
  5. yoss

yoss Registered

too early stage my friend

2ndLastJedi and Jake Loewenstein like this.
  6. yoss

yoss Registered

24h dx11 test , nola , post effect on low
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

MarcG, MMartin, Travis and 13 others like this.
  7. yoss

yoss Registered

8. yoss

yoss Registered

9. yoss

yoss Registered

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nice, is that highlumsun on the rear lights?

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

looks good yoss :)

12. yoss

yoss Registered

Old lightflare technic , updated

Juergen-BY likes this.
  13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

14. andrea_274

andrea_274 Registered

gorgeous Yoss, thanks for your effort!

Just one thing, in the pic with Mc and Porsche, Michelin logo seem too bright

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That's caused by the post-processing not being calibrated correctly yet

16. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Love the McLaren Gulf, wonderful :)

17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Wow Yoss, that looks amazing. I await with anticipation. :)

18. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

That's true for every car I've driven in RF2, if you can manage a 4 wheel drift you can rotate the car faster and get on the throttle earlier, so long as they have enough power to support the drift and do not bog down.
    It's true for the Megane, heck, it's even true for the FR 3.5, except to get that car into a 4 wheel drift instead of a spin is not something that can be done repeatedly at will!
    Except you will not get very far driving like that.
    It's what you have to do in qualifying but for a race the tires won't cut it.
    But if you end up with understeer and overheated fronts you can drift the car to take some of the heat off the fronts and utilize any excess rubber at the rear.
    Pinching the brakes on corner entry with some rearward bias to get the back rotating and turning the car with the throttle instead of the steering wheel.
    Oversteer will cost you time, this is not oversteer.
    It's down to you to decide when, where and how often to use this technique.

David O'Reilly likes this.
  19. rocketjockeyr6

Im familiar with the "brake bump" technique, and I do use it sometimes. Usually I set up the diff so that all I have to do is lift a little and get back on the throttle and ride it through. The rear steps out a little, and the car is indeed faster. The brake bump is employed if Ive gone past the point of where a subtle lift wont cut it.
    I do not consider this a "slide", but "slip angle". A "slide" to me is when you lose control of the car.
    As previously stated, these slides are not intentional, but the result of pushing the car right up to the edge, and a bit over. Coming in too fast on entry and over working the brakes to try and save it. Or coming down on the throttle too soon/hard on exit. The "save" is not what bothers me, its that I am not "penalized" by an appropriate loss of speed, but "rewarded" with more speed. I feel this is not as realistic.
    This happens somewhat frequently at Bathurst due to its bumpy nature, lots of them being right at the braking point and the cut point of the corner. Laguna Seca as well, another bumpy, hilly type. And another personal favourite.

Oversteer, as I understand it, is any time the back end steps out. "Drifting", for example, is controlled oversteer.

Comparing Apex to EnduGTE is a little bit "apples to oranges"(GT3 vs GT2) but close enough.
    Racing the same people(some very fast dudes :)) with Endu, a decent slide(as described in my scenario{earlier post}) would allow the driver in front to pull away some, a proper penalty. With my experience in Apex, an identical slide would bring me closer to the car in front, too forgiving/rewarding. Especially considering that I dont use any driver aid. And when TCS is an option in the garage(setup) I set it as low as possible if there is no "off" option(usually "conservative").

If I am the only one who feels this way I will drop the subject. But the concept of going faster through the corner by "sliding" - again, 25+ degrees of rotation - is a little arcade-racer-like.

Just my opinion, I only mean this in a constructive way.
    And I'll say it again; I really enjoy this mod. I think its the best available GT mod, definitely the most realistic ffb feeling Ive experienced with rF2, this is the only bugbear for me with the whole mod(well, again, that and the ugly white wheels :p).

Cheers all,
    rocket

Also, Ive never driven any Renault in rF; Megane or Clio, or any Formula car except the F1's. I am a little interested in the USF2000's though. Being a yankee doodle dandy and all. :eek::cool:

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  20. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Yeah, I should probably stop using the word "drift" because it confuses people and is associated with oversteer, "slide" is more like it.
    This mod is very different to the Endu mod where I feel it's a LOT harder to find confidence to push the car, something that can be done straight away with these cars.
    Having said all that the car I have chosen to drive is the Camaro, which is based on the ISI Camaro, therefore I am quite confused as to the realistic nature of these cars, or lack of, it would take someone who actually races such cars to give some meaningful feedback.