[REL] Toronto 2017

Discussion in 'Locations' started by iDTDoug, Jun 6, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it doesn't matter lets return to topic :)

SPASKIS likes this.
  2. Alan

Alan Registered

other thank some ads on the wall I don't see the difference with this track and the Toronto 2014 one that's out for download

3. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

then you're not running the right track. The pit lane isn't even on the same side as that one.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks Doug, the framerates, when combined with the GP3 mod are fantastic. I think you mentioned the rattling of the wheel and I get that whenever the balance of the car changes...(for example, the first few moments of braking) Noticed several of the AI, early in a session, hit the wall at several spots. Certainly low rubber conditions contribute, but might be something to explore. Using PP medium, one grandstand on the left at about the middle of the track seemed a little overexposed. Not the glowing bloom, just like too much sun was hitting the grandstands and washing out the colors. Now we just need Paul Tracey geting everyone p.o'd

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

How do you turn that on? Sorry to hijack i found nothing on it.

Track will be fun to test. Thanks OP! :)

6. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Yeah, i noticed some tents were too bright so I lowered the median level on the tent canvas for the next version. AI behavior can be erratic, too many settings (aggression, etc..) to justify changing the paths.

7. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

ok, the AIW file is definitely NOT fixed. The AI cars now think the garage path is pit lane, so I need to fix that still.

8. djfil007

djfil007 Registered

Looks great! Will try to drive this soon. Will we see some DX 11 updates for Long Beach and St Pete too? Those are my other favourite iDT rFactor tracks.

9. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

yes, after Toronto is done, I can start on long beach. St. Petes I dont think I have the files for anymore since it was a conversion from F1C>rf1>rf2, so that would have to be remade.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

big thanks for sharing, nice layout/road course, but real shame this track is not consistent with the official isi/397 tracks
    track surface and side walls/barriers could really do with texture updates

do isi/397 share textures etc to make it easier for modders ?

Guimengo likes this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I checked the track and sadly most of the textures still need alot of work. I checked the track in gjed and some of the barriers look as if they are inverted or something, wich gives them a wierd unconsistent look. Before you release the track you should def. work on those barriers and the textures. Some other stuff I noticed while creating some textures for personal use is that the normal map of your wall was inverted. Next to that your road textures are too dark and look stretched ingame. And the grass and trees are still neon green. To improve the trees and grass I would check how it is done on ISI/S379 tracks, get them all to a similr saturation and brightness level and get rid of the red trees. You could also safe some headroom with atlasing your textures and not using so many dublicated textures, especialy for the adds on the walls - it makes no sense to load the same texture five times. I hope this track gets some more love as I really love the layout and it would be a shame to not keep improving on what is allready there. Maybe a more experienced track maker can assist you a bit.

I hope that helps you, cheerz ;)

Adrianstealth likes this.
  12. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

yeah, conversions are a pain to get things upgraded when I do this part time. Thanks for the feedback, the walls are already on my list, and the treelines need fixing. The duped textures are remnants form past versions, I just havent cleaned them out. Not all of them are used, some of them aren't even loaded at all.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Cleveland gets my vote :)

davehenrie likes this.
  14. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

steam version updated. I reversed the pit spots in hopes of fixing the yellow flag issues but they still crawl around after the pace car leaves. AIW path is improved but I had to remove the garage path so there are only 30 spots.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Chris I used to love watching races at Cleveland, the wide runways provided multiple lines through several parts of the track. But I hated driving it because the flat nature of the track always made it difficult to pick out apexes and such. A great dx11 version 'might' provide as much fun driving as it was to watch. Go for it DougieLad!(any chance we could get Harrison Ford trying to land his private plane during the race? :> )

16. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

no promises on Han Solo. There was a cleveland in progress already, I just have to find the person who was doing it. I do have a beta of it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  17. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Does the Toronto race actually use "feet" as the measurement for corner signs?

18. Emery

Emery Registered

19. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

ha! not sure since it is canada after all, but I'm pretty sure its feet since its a US series.

Anyone notice the seam in the middle of the road? There is no physical seam as its all one mesh so it's either a dx11 bug or one of the maps needs a new edge??

20. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

somehow, none of the roads has realroad shader selected, they had the one under it. Maybe when i switched max versions it did that? oh well, more fixes..

hitm4k3r likes this.