All Cars or Select Cars Possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jun 14, 2017.

1. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Hi Guys this may be a crazy question, but looking for a way to have multiple cars on track..
    ie. wanting to have 3 different types of cars on track.
    example, wanting an F1 race with 88 cars , 91 cars and 94 cars on track at the same time?

Is there a simple solution?

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Create a vmod with the cars of your choice on the tracks you want

3. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

A little more detail since I just did this the other night but slightly opposite...I wanted to exclude cars normally included with the endurance mod. Use mas2 and create a new package. On the first screen, you choose the tracks you want to include (select multiple by holding down the Control key). Next you can pick the cars you want, and every car you have installed is selectable (also Control for multiples). The next screen allows you to add some other stuff like the hud, garage appearance, etc. Finally you get to a screen where you can make "micro selections." For example, if you chose Indianapolis 2013, you can select whether you want the GP or the oval or both. When you're happy, click the button to build the mod and then install it in the main launcher. When you start the game, click the All Cars and Tracks button and select your mod in there.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Guys, guys, guys..... what are you telling? He asks fo a simpel solution!!
    Is as follows:
    Go to session settings in main menu and select classes in the lower left (opponent filter). Done!
    (sorry, no pic here as only URL´s can be added,- no upload from PC sadly (?) )

F1lover likes this.
  5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

depends wether it is for Single Player or Multiplayer though ;) for Single Player your way is indeed the easiest way to go, while for Multiplayer you would have to create a vmod

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

In 2017 and still having to create vmods for a multiclass race? WTF?
    This is where rF2 is going to fail :(

7. Emery

Emery Registered

It's one of two ways for single player, but a necessity for multiplayer. Without vmods for multiplayer, then you don't have the capability for autodownload of mods you don't have when joining a random server.

Considering that Studio 397 haven't released the new UI, give them a chance to put a nice wrapper around vmods before you question the status, eh?

MarcG likes this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

A minority of servers can send you the track/cars at a decent speed anyway, the same rF1 issue with too many different versions of same tracks was never solved for the majority with this system.
    Would be more usefull to only transfer rfm, skins (or only a skin pack update for server with slower connections), car upgrades (usefull for specific BoP) and track config (like speed in pit lane, tire compounds). And for mod itself have a message from the server (configured by admin obviously) appearing to the user "Track is here http:.... / Carset is here... http:..."

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Wanderer likes this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I've read all road maps and i saw nothing to suggest that a new way around setting up multi class races was in the cards ? But as it stands it is not at all user friendly ,eh?

10. Emery

Emery Registered

We must have two different views of this... I have no trouble using All Tracks & Cars and just filtering for the cars I want.

F1Aussie likes this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah , i get it , scrolling through the opponent filter and finding cars named
    K
    UK
    PT
    Pro
    Driving school
    Custom
    Cup
    The list goes on and on like this . Tell me what cars will i find in the ES 10ADAC24 or any of the "names" i typed ?
    If i click ES 10ADAC24 but only want 1 or 2 cars from this series , how can i select only one ?
    For a new comer this is not at all intimidating ?

12. Emery

Emery Registered

That's a modmaker problem, not a system problem.

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Even some official content isn't in a order that is consistent , having FISI isn't a very good explanation of what you are selecting . I know what it is but as i said having abbreviated letters for cars is just trying to save a little bit of room . Hopefully this and more will be addressed in the new UI .

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The new UI won't fix the Mod Naming Convention, it was discussed to death around the time of RF2s initial release that it would be a mess and indeed it became one. Essentially it is easy to use for Single Player if a little messy if Mod Makers screw up the Naming, but nothing is perfect remember!

FYI it's not just the Mod Naming that needs work, there's plenty of "under the hood" issues with RF2 that are not worth bothering with in the short term as they work (just in a messy way), better off fixing those for a future Sim I reckon.

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thing is, and what Jedi wants to urn out, that not only mod-makers messed up class names!
    Stock clas names are sometimes not very clear too.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  16. Emery

Emery Registered

The phrase "modmakers" encompasses both official and 3rd-party.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Time to get some pictures in this discussion...

[​IMG]

1) Choose how many AI. The AI will be randomly selected from the list of Opponents. If you want more control over which AI are added, then leave at 0 to add AI during Practice or Qualifying.
    2) Select the classes for possible opponents.
    3) Make sure you have a Practice or Qualifying session checked if you're wanting control over which are added. As pictured, with only Race selected, you won't be able to add AI.
    [​IMG]

4) Click on the Add AI button to randomly add additional AI. If you want control over which AI are added, then use the dropdown arrow instead.
    5) Click on the specific AI you want if you're using the dropdown arrow. Ctrl-click & Shift-click are not available.
    6) If you need more control over the possible opponents, then you'll have to learn how to make a RaceEvent using the packaging tools. There are three guides by Christopher_E in the Workshop concerning RaceEvents (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554544322).

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yep , that's what i do , but it doesnt help figure out what i am selecting when the ......who cares ! we are just circling around the issue that we all know is there , but i guess some have just grown complacent and except rF2 for what it is and dont think it needs being bought out of having to create this , modify that to just have a awesome race with multi class opponents without needing to know how to program .
    Too much for me and my computer illiterate mind .

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's not about being complacent, it's about dealing with what we have got and getting on with it. Is the Naming Convention a game breaker? Absolutely not, is it slightly annoying? Yes it can be at times, nothing we as a User can do (aside from re-doing the Mod naming ourselves!) if the Mod Maker (both Official and unofficial) have made a mess :)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  20. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Consequence of this discovery?