How deep are their pockets ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 2ndLastJedi, May 18, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Do we believe this ? How much money would it take for a company like Mclaren to say something like this if it isnt true ?

OH , and i want that rig !

2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That's a pretty good point. But I guess anything is possible.

3. bwana

bwana Registered

If it is that good then bring it on , if it isn't then bad move McLaren.. If the test driver is comparing it to an earlier beta or Pcars1 and it has improved then his impression may be very subjective

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Awesome rig! :cool:

And, nah i dont buy it. Ive seen similar paid talk before. Maybe you need that rig to get decent FFB and to fool yourself into thinking it has awesome physics. :D That must have cost sooooo much dough. :eek: We will see when its out. Maybe miracles can happen.

Louis and Stan like this.
  5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

with enough money,you can pay anyone to say anything,guess we will see SMS on the f1 car soon

Louis and Will Mazeo like this.
  6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

It's just the right marketing move! Look how the mediocre product Assetto Corsa has become the most played "sim", just because of right marketing moves. If you want to sell in 2017 you have to do this. IMO the only missing part in rF2 is not the beautiful graphic, but marketing..

Adrianstealth and patchedupdemon like this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Content also sells. While rF2 have a lot to show on physics side with marketing it's useless to bring people to the game if they'll find 0 of the mainstream stuff they are used to see in other sims (I mean from devs, not mods....)
    SMS marketing is very aggressive, people in marketing are the best liars lol but hey if physics get on AMS level as a minimum it will be worth it. I'm a bit tired of depending on mods as the "main point", their car list is very nice, hopefully the track list will be too but I suspect it will still miss lots of key American tracks and many others in Australia for example. If it goes right it will worth spending some money to upgrade my PC

patchedupdemon likes this.
  8. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Indeed when i talked about Assetto Corsa's marketing i meant content, yep they did a little bit of adversting, but the real marketing move was the one with the various content: a lot of Ferrari (ppl loves Ferrari), Porsche pack etc.
    Then, if you deliver a good product, people will do the rest with the various platforms aka Youtube & Twitch (for free!).
    There are infinite ways to do marketing today in 2017, let's hope S397 will use one!

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I really do not miss this type of marketing in rF2. I wouldn't like to be reading daily a bunch of kids complaining that rF2 is driving ln ice.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Give people a good racing school with a big focus on the tire behavior and they'll get things better.

Anyway, seeing this and the hype for AC AI update that now finally can do stuff GTR2 did 10 years ago I'm just.. man rF2 lost so much time by not going on mainstream visual and content earlier, imagine how they'd be amazed racing with rF2 AI lol

peterchen likes this.
  11. Filip

Filip Registered

Yes I dont get some of those extatic comments about AC AI. Sounds like they never tried any other sim.

P.S.
    Dont get me wrong, Im glad its being improved.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Project Cars 1 was going to be the biggest and the best ...disappointment )-:

they'll need more than just great marketing and vids like this
    to win over the previously disappointed 1st adopters this time round

bwana, mike.m and AlanK like this.
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They sold what? A milion copies? They don't care about the disappointed people

kro388th and Stan like this.
  14. Louis

Louis Registered

I like the "no marketing" (random appearences and real drivers seem off duty. doing it for fun) style of rf2
    And i dont believe in this ad
    *maybe seeing Rubens Barrichello playing in his house is the first reason that brought me to rFactor
    Btw, this weekend Max Verstappen will be playing rf2 in some event on europe, i think

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

At Zandvoort ,Studio 397's new track . Coming Soon . AMAZING !

bwana and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  16. QUF

QUF Registered

Some people flocked to rf2 in 2012 because of all those marketing videos about tyres and rain. So basically rf2 remained the same game and with the same marketing videos passed over and over again until studio 397 grabbed the game and tried to make it more appealing. What's the point of all those technological marketing videos if 5 years later is still the same thing ISI had to show for rf2. So studio397 grabbed a mediocre game and sim and are trying to evolve the product like any normal game studio would have done. Now there are a bit more people playing it.

17. stonec

stonec Registered

@QUF You must be the first person to think that ISI actually did some marketing for rF2 (no kidding :)).

John, Will Mazeo and Bjørn like this.
  18. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I hope s397 marketing strategy is trying to make rf2 into as good sim as they can and trust on that the information will get spread around. Even if rf2 is good sim for us, for many it haven't been. I think people want better graphics, better performance, more interesting and fun cars, all content to be coherent and up to the latest standards physics and graphic wise and the online stuff to work well.

Guimengo likes this.
  19. QUF

QUF Registered

They did marketing: developed a product, set a price, set distribution channels, informed potential customers what their product includes and showed their technology through videos. They also moved to Steam to reach bigger audience of gamers. They had customer service. They had promotions.
    Only because you don't see ads of rfactor2 on newspaper doesn't mean they haven't done marketing; that would be a part of it, advertising. Having a web page and youtube channel about the game are also forms of advertising. Sim racing news websites or game review websites doing pieces about the game is also included in the marketing and advertising.

20. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

+1
    Marketing isn't needed in PC Sims as for PC/Consolle Sims. AC, PC, Forza even if different each other those titles need to promote themselves in order to appeal customers from both sides (PC/Consolle), pure PC Sims rely on fidelity of physic model (rF2, AMS, DCS), more they "simulate" more people play them...
    rF2 needs to fill the content gap with other titles to be more attractive for newcomers (and give us some serious stuff to race) but it also needs to refine is physic model and to simulate the most possible of real life racing (I hope it reaches the same levels of details you can see on some flight simulators, I love switches) to be the genre"reference".

peterchen likes this.