Best "F1 2017" mod at present?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by BobDobbs, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This attachment shows that: The amount of the fee for the 2017 session of F1 is 15.00 EUR Which is payment for the servers and league session 2017:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f50yiqgooljchc0/download.png?dl=0
    This one shows that you are accepted as forum meber:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qju3dpbvitonui3/email.png?dl=0

This is how you can download mod for free, Post #158:
    "it is very simple mate, if you want to test the mod and i invite you to do so, you have to register and ask for the server password from the admins (the only way to download the mod is from the game directly ) and we dont want to put the password in public for obvious reasons
    I have to add that the admins offer even a free race to have fun with us and if you dont want to continue you are free to quit with the mod in your pocket, we will not ask the FBI to look for you because you downloaded the mod"

But of course it is possible that @Navigator don`t get access to this free mod if he is asking from @Oumdaz Melo to invite him and are asking the server password for the obvious reasons :D

Oumdaz Melo likes this.
  2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes, that's it.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I don't need further explanations. It is clear that downloading the mod is conditioned to asking for a server password which will only be granted if applying for the trial test race.

In our website we also offer a free race and in order to let a new guy race, and if so, you need to let him download the required content you like it or not. You for sure take the risk of someone fake applying for testing the champ. We also do when circumstances suggest so. You take the risk and simply can't do anything about it. Argumenting not calling the FBI does not make any difference here, therefore.

Guimengo, Navigator and Ari Antero like this.
  4. Louis

Louis Registered

So, i´m glad F1CL isn´t the best f1 2017 mod at present :D

5. Oumdaz Melo

Oumdaz Melo Registered

Maybe not the best one but it is free :)

Ho3n3r likes this.
  6. Louis

Louis Registered

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

...for those who apply for a test race to join your champ. It is called private content.

Navigator likes this.
  8. Oumdaz Melo

Oumdaz Melo Registered

The main subject was whether the mod cost a sum of money or not, In this case it costs nothing at all
    But if it pleases you to polemize...

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Well that is clearly the main subject that you want to point out. It is clear that you don't want to talk about who is eligible to download it.

It this was a free to download public mod you would have published it as Black Goku did with "his" F1 ASR.

It is clear that you are not willing to share it with others. The way to get it is to register in your website and apply for a free trial race that you offer in order to recruit members.

I therefore assume that someone just asking for the mod with clear no intention of taking part in the race wil not receive the password. You can correct me here.

I don't want to polemize at all. I just want to complete the filtered information that you are continuously trying to give.

As I said, in our website (racerfactor) we also have private content. We do not go claiming that, for example, our Baku track is free. It is clear that you are not eligible to download it unless you have subscribed and paid the full F1 season. However, they don't have to pay money for Baku itself. It is included in the pack.

We do not, however, grant free wildcards for testing the mod. We are not willing to take the risk of getting our work "stolen". Not for free at least.

You take the risk of being stolen, which is fine. But don't pretend making people believe that you are willing to share your free mod. If you could erase it from the ones that just applied for the trial race and never came back, you would. And you know it.

Louis, Guimengo and Navigator like this.
  10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So bottom line, it's only free if someone fools you. (or doesn't like the league/mod/whatever)

11. Oumdaz Melo

Oumdaz Melo Registered

You assume badly, If you want more details comeback to the #157

12. Milopapa

Milopapa Registered

Discussion has gone offtopic for the last 5 or so pages.

We really need a mod in here.

So - what's the best F1 mod out there right now?

rocketjockeyr6 and aguy0523 like this.
  13. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Formula ISI 2012.

Marussia is getting update soon so maybe that will be better or the same?

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I can confirm that it's the ISI 2012 f1 & the Marissa f1
    Both Best by a long long way

Rest seem like badly butchered version of these or just sim-cade

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    M.Bos and Ari Antero like this.
  15. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Hello,
    I very much enjoy the OW_2016_NA mod. Given the fact that rFactor does not process the hybrid system(ERS); I feel this is the best representation of the current V6 turbo's. For the most part, the default setups are pretty good to start with. Takes some time, lots of rubber(I "rubber in" w/ 21 AI & RealRoad @ x15), and a good few laps to really get it dialed in. Adds to the realism IMO. :)
    The mod comes equipped with a good trackconfigsbase for every track of the current calendar (sans Baku... :rolleyes:)
    "SP Edition" with accurate performance from respective teams. As well as a "League Edition" for online races with equal specs for all cars.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/76shv7qpsqyz6z7/OW+2016+NA+v.1.7.rfcmp

Hope you like it as much as I do. ;)
    Cheers,
    rocket

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, in terms of a proper F1 2017 mod; I need some advise.
    I have got half; I can not make models nor can I paint.
    Sounds, physics are all there.

I started at the end of 2013, making the "new" type for myself physics wise on an existing car.
    Its become a bit of a hobby; recording practiceses from the beginning of 2014, in- and outboard. Noting topspeed, cornering speed, acceleration times and so on and so on.
    Went on with it in 15, 16 and now 17. How cars behave, how they slide, at what rpm; you name it, I was doing it.
    I made all the physics from scratch; no converted 2012 mod or anything; blank ptool and got to work.

If I do say so myself; with the work I've put in it, how precise I am; this is pretty good.

But now; I asked before if there was interest in making models to make a team. No.
    Now there are mods that are a bit......not so well made on all sides; some of them wanted my physics; I don't want that.
    I have spend over 2000 hours nitpicking every second and every km/h; a mod which was made in 4 hours doesn't do justice.
    If these physics go public; it has to be in a proper mod.

But how?
    No one wants to make models. Excisting mods that can use some proper physics, are horrible with the models and/or paint.

rubennaatje, F1Aussie and Louis like this.
  17. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Ask BlackGoku, he'll get you F1 cars real quick. :D

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Lol; should have seen that one coming ;)

SPASKIS, Louis and McNolo like this.
  19. Radar

Radar Registered

If only he was still around.. Seems he has been given the royal salute :D

Navigator and McNolo like this.
  20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Why not ask like we did in 2006 from SimBin (Sector 3) and got permission? It is easy to send mail, explain your purpose the way that author can fully understand that you are making the mod to your community or to all of us. Pay mods are different story.

S397 can encrypt MAS files for a mod team if ask S397 to. While not unbreakable but at least if somebody ripe the mod you have strong case when you claim that they done that.

;)

Navigator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.