Car Wish: Supercars F5000 single seater

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarcG, Jun 2, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Quick snap up the License :D (and the Supercars whilst you're at it!)

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/06/02/supercars-f5000-single-seater-revealed/

[​IMG]

"A newly constructed V8 powered single seater set to spearhead Supercars’ proposed Super5000 series has been unveiled.

Supercars has long mooted plans to add a open wheel series to its support card having initially floated the Super5000 idea last year.

Designed in South Australia by Oscar Fiorinotto’s Supashock Racing Engineering, the carbon fibre monocoque chassis is fitted with a Supercars 5.0 litre V8 engine and Albins transaxle gearbox, creating 650 horsepower.
    "

bwana and SRGP like this.
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

Those at the mountain , ENTERTAINMENT!!!

F1Aussie and MarcG like this.
  3. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

wow!
    Cool looking car

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Unfortunately that is the only V8 racing Australia is going to have. The V8 Supercars are moving to a V6 turbo.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Technically that's incorrect as they are not "moving" to a V6 but have the option of running one, this is from the Gen2 Regs:
    be powered by an engine configuration, be that 4, 6 or 8 cylinder (or other) that does not exceed the Supercars accumulated engine power output and weighted average;

Nibiru likes this.
  6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Technically speaking yes. There are some teams that are using the v6 and i think they will be faster. More throttle control reduced sideways out of corners and when the turbo kicks in it makes up for the v8.

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No doubt some teams will yes, I was just stating the rules as they are not "moving" from V8 to V6 but have the option too so technically these F5000s won't be "the only V8 racing Australia is going to have." :)

8. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I understand that winterbottom is testing the mustang. I just think the v6 will dominate the small and medium tracks and maybe the long ones to. So i think we will see a shift. I don't want it but i see it happening

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah I don't want to see it but teams will take it on, maybe the smaller teams will stick with V8s and I hope so as essentially that is the series. But time must move on, I'm sure the racing will remain great whatever the package.

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Hopefully history doesn't repeat it self. The currènt V8 supercars was born from the anger the series direction had taken during the 80s and 90s using the nissan and Sierra. Now that holden and ford no longer manufacturer cars in Australia it will hopefully be a smoother transition.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    bwana, F1Aussie and MarcG like this.
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

agree, it lost its mojo back then and wasn't really identifiable as Australian as those cars were rarely seen on our roads. I guess they have to move with the times but I see the popularity dropping once non Australian makes are in the series and the engines vary with some sounding like vacuum cleaners, I don't watch a lot of it now but I will probably watch even less of this Hodge podge mess.

Nibiru likes this.
  12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Yes it's going to be interesting times for sure

F1Aussie likes this.