Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Now the game is better by far and the best full racing simulator.
    Graphics has improved to the point that i enjoy the game more.

fran_o, F1Aussie and patchedupdemon like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Ahh I missed that one,will have a look at it,thanks for informing me.

Side note,I think I'm actually addicted to rf2,I've been on holiday for a week now,and I'm having withdrawals,never before with any other sim,have I had this happen.
    Rf2 should either come only from a Drs prescription,or have a warning on the label,ADDICTIVE SUBSTANCE

3. Michael B

Michael B Registered

and: Keep your Children (wreckers with sticky fingers) away!:cool:

patchedupdemon likes this.
  4. Nick1402

Nick1402 Registered

+1

This would really be welcome the current situation is confusing i found.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I know everyone will piss all over my comment, but when little errors like this occur in AMS Beta, Reiza posts a patch usually within minutes, or a couple of hours at the longest. Just saying this reminds me of the old days when ISI ignored glaring issues for days, weeks, months and sometimes years. It's just a courtesy to quickly fix these unintended and minor issues. Don't expect that for major items, but I do for this example or windscreen reflections issues in a couple of the historic open wheelers that date from about 2013/14.

Louis and SPASKIS like this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Nobody should criticize you for what you say. You were assertive and constructive. I completely agree.

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I've tried to explain that to few people on discord over few weeks already but have no issue with doing it again here. :) I wouldn't be so upset by it for 2 reasons. 1. You still have numbers that are correct so if you ignore the colours you still get what you need and want. 2. I find fixing it on a list to do for a new UI so I think fixing it for existing UI would be waste of time. If we get new GUI with fixed all these minor/major issues then it is a non-issue. I reckon new UI being 1-2 weeks away max. I bet people will survive till then with inverted colours. Hehehehe.

bwana likes this.
  8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Objectively speaking, don't you think wasting 5 minutes of time fixing this and showing dynamism in bug sorting does not deserve? If it was something more difficult to solve I would buy your claim but not in this case.

9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

How can you tell it's a 5 min fix? :) Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Anyway it's not high priority issue. Once we get new UI there won't be any case to discuss. Waiting just a bit more is the best solution.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It's just a guess. Its just an inverted colour palette. It worked fine in DX9. There should be a table or something similar assigning temps to colours. Switch the assigned values. How much do you think it should take? I don't really understand the constant need to dismiss any critic being made.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Because it was already been known for weeks, devs know about it so there is a good reason why not to fix it since it's a 5 min job. Moaning about it even after it was said it's known it's just waste of time :)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Totally understand where @SPASKIS and others are coming from though, and it's something we already got sick of with ISI. Sure, some wishlist items were incredible (in the amount of time needed, or difficulty, to actually implement them), but other times quite simple requests were made that could have been done in literally just a few mins. Unfortunately even if you could put the change into context and considering the current systems (and having at least some rudimentary programming knowledge, so it wasn't a wild guess) you could still have people jumping in and saying hey, you don't know what you're talking about, if it was easy they'd do it.

What we don't appear to have yet is a concise list of known bugs (listed publicly at least), so at least people could see that an issue really is already known and something will happen. And in cases like this, there could be a note explaining why it won't be fixed (if the UI is the reason), or why it can't be fixed for now (maybe it's more difficult than assumed).

I don't like "game x can do this, why can't rF2" statements generally when they are purely consumer-level based (without thought or consideration of differences between games), but at the same time we can't sit here saying that we can't expect anything that other games/developers provide.

Discord is cool and everything, but information gets lost so easily there. But it's a shame live answers can be so easy to get there, then you basically need to relay that information here so other people can know about it.

SPASKIS, bravotangosix and Ari Antero like this.
  13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I understand that the perception of things can be very different between developers and users. Especially regarding the typical two variables that help priorizing tasks: effort and benefit.

In the effort side of things users sometimes must especulate based on their knowledge and assumptions. We don't know how much time it takes to fix a bug in the code. Sometimes even devs cannot properly estimate it due to the difficulty. However, in other cases as for example checking if some unintended tgm file has been used with Civic medium tires we certainly do know it is just a simple check to perform because it falls into modding knowldege where users can also have sufficient criteria to estimate the required effort to fix a found issue.

In the benefit side, I dare to say that devs usually have a less objective opinion compared to users. However, in the case of S397 the fact of Marcel being an experimented sim racer should make a difference.

However, apparently there is a still a big difference in the perception of benefit. What some of us are seeing as quick wins, seem to be considered of low importance by devs. In terms of typical priorizing strategy this radically changes the position in the TO-DO list where a task is sent to. Quick wins are always considered the first tasks to be done while low benefit ones get done after quick wins and major projects are finished if ever.

In my case, what I take worst, and admit it, is the no reply to bug reports in terms of scope to be solved. We can disagree in terms of benefit perception, but not providing a written feedback to people that are spending their time properly reporting bugs and in many cases doing additional tests in order to helps devs sorting them is unacceptable IMO.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Well there isn't much dev interaction going on in these forums, currently it's limited to the DX11 branch updates we get. So I'm not sure what exactly happens to all non-DX11 related bugs right now, do they get stored somewhere and what are the plans to look at them. I think Christopher is responding to quite a few threads here, but I don't think he can answer for example TGM detail questions like the issue with the Civic medium tire, it needs to be one of the physics developers to confirm/deny that bug, and currently they are not posting here.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Give them a chance before condemning them,you can't judge them on only a few short months

bwana likes this.
  16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

2 updates later performance has gone down a bit on my end. Last time i tested a bunch of combos and not a single time FPS dropped under 60, but now it dropped here and there. Even when not around AI. Cross my fingers its temporary.

Also, i thought i saw the tyre temps fixed now. Blue for cold. :)

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Alex72 You should see the tyre temps are fixed, because that's what they said in the update thread.

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Where is the latest update news please?

19. ZED

ZED Registered

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks Mate, weird as i had the watch this thread ticked with email but haven't received anything from it, lol
    Oh well did it again anyway.
    Cheers @ZED and S397.