Latest Roadmap Update - May 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

That you do not use trackmap does not mean that nobody uses trackmap...There are many people who use the trackmap, and it is very interesting

In dx11 the descent of fps when take the external camera of tv is enormous

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I disagree on what Lazza has stated.

When I say that I would like some plugins integrated doesn't mean that I don't like plugins.

The point I made some time ago regarding this is that some aspects need to be included ingame and not through an external tool.

The lack of some of key features give an image of the game being incomplete or from another era. My list for those is:

- track map with drivers represented
    - weather tool. Random or realtime weather are required. Scripted weather is a too simple method which leaves the responsibility of determining weather for admins.
    - delta best as a complement to ghost car.
    - better realtime telemetry plugin.
    - broadcasting system with live results and positions (Tv plugin)

IMO all these are a must for serious sim racing. If someone wants to make other plugins for other specific jobs I don't oppose.

3. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Thx mate, more people should be requesting this from S397

demerzel likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@SPASKIS I don't think you're really disagreeing with what I was saying. I'm not forcing plugins on anyone, I just don't understand why some people want plugin features in the game but don't want to use plugins to get those features now. If that's not you (and I think it isn't) then I'm not talking about you.

5. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@SPASKIS
    In the community where I participate in, RandomWeather Plugin is used.
    It is attractive that weather greatly changes by setting.

RandomWeather Plugin v0.1
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/randomweather-plugin-0-1.49466/

Gupster likes this.
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

No single sim racing game has all of these mentioned things integrated as default though. For example iRacing is very sparse on what information is shown to the user. Actually one can argue that most of those features should be disabled in a "realistic" mode, that's probably why iRacing doesn't have them.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I really like the new look with the latest beta update, kudos to s397!!! It's just a shame replays still have low fps, from mid 30s to mid 40s

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I know this and we use realtime weather plugin. I am saying that the game without this is incomplete and should be an rF2 feature because it is a key element for having a believable weather

hihi04, RoboCAT10 and demerzel like this.
  9. demerzel

demerzel Registered

One already tried to argue that most of those features should be disabled in a "realistic" mode, Failed hard.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  10. Emery

Emery Registered

I think Gerald's excellent realtime weather plugin is not likely going to be implemented by Studio 397 because it relies on outside vendors for the data. At this point, there's no guarantee that the vendors will continue supplying data or even continue using the same data formats. Not to mention that including it as a game feature would then be commercial use which might not be permissible without a paid license. Who knows, though, maybe Studio 397 consider this essential enough to put it into operation?

I can see the random weather generator plugin becoming a reality, however.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For sure things should work a bit different than when using Gerald's plugin. Implementing it in the game would for sure require some type of agreement between Studio397 and a weather service Company. The publicity given to that platform would probably pay off. It would be the first racing sim with integrated realtime weather. A very nice marketing argument: "Real time weather. Powered by ...."

At the moment I think it is Weather Underground the only one available with Gerald's Weather Tool. They are already providing the service at no cost for users and getting not much publicity from it. I guess they would be glad to be mentioned with their logo appearing in TV broadcasting plugin which I dont know if people understand that forms part of the image of rF2 in the numerous broadcasts that we can watch today in YouTube or other platforms.

Marc Collins likes this.
  12. FS7

FS7 Registered

I don't think anyone is suggesting that every single user should be forced to use those things, but instead imo it would be interesting to have all those features as in-game options as opposed to addon plugins; you can turn them off, I can turn them on, no need to download extra stuff, in the end everybody is happy. Maybe even go an extra step and include an option for online hosts to disable those features in their lobbies if they wish.

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

And no official game solution is as good as the track map plugin.

14. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Now it's time to make one then. Especially since they have the source in their hand.

FS7 likes this.
  15. stonec

stonec Registered

Not possible currently, DX11 version needs an interface to render to screen first.

16. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Am so how does the in-game hud works huh? I think you don't understand what I said.
    I said it's time to integrate the plugin in question into the game properly as part of the official hud since they have the code. And that is surely possible.

FS7 and SPASKIS like this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

The in-game HUD system is a totally different thing from plugins, it's built on ISI's archaic interface that was done some 15 years ago. It doesn't support movable elements or things like you see in Trackmap, it's very primitive. Trackmap and other plugins use DX9 interface to directly render to screen, two separate things. This plugin method to draw to screen is not supported any longer with DX11, so there is no way to bring Trackmap as such to DX11. Also it was problematic anyway as it caused alt-tab crashes, etc.

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

So it only supports circles being drawn in a straight bar?

19. demerzel

demerzel Registered

blablabla.

If S397 won't update the HUD with the new UI update that will be a pretty big fail.

FS7 and Guimengo like this.
  20. stonec

stonec Registered

That's my point, they need to update UI as well as HUD to new tech, to something similar as what Assetto Corsa is using ("apps"). No point in doing any improvements for the current UI/HUD, too outdated. But these things take time.
    If you had tried to mod anything with the current UI/HUD, you would know how horrible it is. That's why ISI rarely added any new in-game options even, it takes that long to edit it. Probably why we still have the broken tire temperature colors as well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.