How to update a mod to DX11?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BlackGoku, Jun 1, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Wait what,500 hrs,you said 1000 in your other crying thread,someone is telling porkies here.
    Love this dude really,so much humour he has to be a troll,"I don't understand a shit" and " I did an epic job on this mod" "this dx11 crap is destroying it"

I know there's language differences but come on,you can't be real

Navigator, jayarrbee36 and F1Aussie like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

Oooh 20 cars and 15 tracks,now you have made me very weak at the knees,seriously you need to be on s397s payroll

F1Aussie likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

I wouldn't update a shit either,

4. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Wow ..... self-praising at its best.
    It seems that your "epic job" wasn't that epic, because rF2 is using HDR with Albedo maps since the beginning, even with DX9. If you would have followed the old guidelines for rF2 texture maps and saturation right from the start, you wouldn't have these problems now.
    BTW .... you can create scripts and batch jobs in Photoshop to automate texture conversion.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  5. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Again the trolls....

Go f.... yourself. I perfectly know about modding and I am just asking what do I have to update to make it work with DX11.

ARGH!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  6. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

I think its not the albedo. As you can see in the steering wheel, the texture just looks corrupted, nothing related to lighting.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Will anybody stop this guy from posting over here? The lack of respect is continuous and shouldn't be permitted. He doesn't deserve any help or reply. He only has made merits for a long ban.

I myself got a one year ban for much less long time ago and a warning not so long ago. In none of those cases I ever insulted anybody. At least that's how I see it.

Ferran Grau, WiZPER, F1 2004 and 11 others like this.
  8. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Looks.like a texture format problem. Where did u convert these cars from?

9. Radar

Radar Registered

He will get banned, I'd say S397 are presently asleep.

@Daniel Surace He might know how to mod but textures is another thing altogether. In saying that he is still a very pleasant person. :rolleyes:

10. kimbo

kimbo Registered

this stupid guy blackgoku (alejandro lopez ) is a poor boy , 19 years old from sevilla, is a troll
    But the problem is that in this forum is completely free to disrespect everyone,
    Wasting the time of those who innocently try to help him

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  11. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Ok well your gloves are way to bright in the texture... I selected them and CTRLU - and darkened them a lot and desaturated them a bit as per image - You will note i hightlight the cyan gloves - and check the "MEDIAN" in the historgram.. its 113.. Your gloves were almost over 200 (so they will glow badly).

The albedo should be (Albedo x 255) - where albedo is from following table - For example Aluminium (Shiny is 0.7) so it is 154.. (Your gloves were way higher than that) - even 113 maybe too bright.. (may need to darken more)
    http://wiki.rfactor.net/index.php?title=AlbedoMap

Effectively you will need to make objects look the same colour as if there was no sunlight.. (very very overcast).. so quite dull. - to try to explain it simply..

Capture.JPG

Ernie likes this.
  12. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Navigator likes this.
  13. patchedupdemon

Make your mind up,you either know how to mod or don't,or should we say,steal mods and then claim them as your own

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

When this guy was trolling with his "iRacing is so much better, but I say this in the best interest for rF2, but iRacing is WAAYYYY better" topics, I was the one who was who was the bad guy.......member of the butt-hurt team.
    Glad to see more people see him for what he is now.

Now please @Ari Antero; go on defending him.
    "Lost in translation"........
    Whahaha, I think he manages his own pretty well:
    Again the fucking trolls fucking trolling....
    Go fuck yourself.
    the fucking albedo
    Just fuck DX11, I won't update a shit. Fuck this.
    how to do it madafaca
    I won't update a shit
    I dont understeand a shit.
    I just can read a shit in photoshop and I don't understeand.
    and fuck all
    Fucking DX11

Yes, that is a typical translation issue........

And this mod is stolen together from other mods; there will be some problems when he releases this.
    In his pictures, I see the exact same mistakes as in the F1Fanatic mod........

patchedupdemon and F1Aussie like this.
  15. Radar

Radar Registered

The admins can ban, it's easy with this forum. They could have reasons as to why they are not.

16. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Thank you for your help. I could fix the problem, it was just a resolution problem with the background texture of the FX_PLACE.
    In DX9 it looked good but with DX11 it turned corrupted. I just had to change it.

17. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Ripped off another mod and trying to convert it to RF2?...

Well, when I upload the mod you will be able to see that sounds, physics, cams, head movements, textures, helmets, gloves, steering wheels, tyres, etc... etc... etc... are 100% from scratch.

And by the way, I am not trying to convert anything because I already did it, and they were just the car bodies.

I fixed all to work with DX11 btw and I am going to release it today :)

18. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

ok kimbo. It looks like a 19 years old troll boy is finishing a beautiful F1 2017 mod without having studied anything related to modding :)

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You are spamming as good you can OT in all threads and here is an good example about it: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/please-can-you-help-me-to-fix-this.55955/ . Thread is created after this one, third post is from you. You are totally off topic and claim that he has stolen the mod. Do you have OT`s mod, have checked materials he has used which makes you sure that mod is stolen? Looking pic and suspect mod is stolen is no evidence.

If OT`s threads and language irritates why don`t you just ignore him, forum has option to that.

20. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Since he started saying "Fuck" a lot, went name calling, calling modders idiots; yes, I am honest about him.
    Modders might want to take time out to help him but may also know in time he calls them idiots along the way.

And a steering wheel exactly the same, with the exact same flaws in it; I really don't have to check materials mate.
    Youo must be very fond of this guy to keep this sharade up; you know he is not building a mod; he is combining parts from others and he himself said so.

patchedupdemon and jayarrbee36 like this.