Best "F1 2017" mod at present?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by BobDobbs, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Judging by the total load of amature dross out there

Please let me pay for a QUALITY mod

Ps thanks to all modders (amature or not) thank you for sharing your efforts regardless of my personal opinion

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

yep, there have been cease and desist orders before and rd have taken mods off their site before due to this.

3. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I think some balance is in order.

Speaking as someone that has not only shelled out every month for an iracing sub, but also spent hundreds on content, the absolute pittance that the likes of URD and ASR among others ask for an entire car series is small recompense.
    The URD mods for example is are like 9 euros or so for several fantastic cars.
    IRacing charge 15 for just 1 car!
    If paying the price of a cup of coffee keeps quality mods being developed and top class modders around RF2 then I'm all for it!

4. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Yeah but, ASR have an optional donate button. And I have donated a few times. Their mods are quality. But you're not paying for the mod, for the completed content you're donating to them as a "thank you" gesture.

With your iRacing statement. They are truly greedy. That's one of the reasons why I don't play it, besides the obvious reason with the handling model being crap. But the subscription based service. Pay $100 a year to play the game, and then $1,000 more for the cars and tracks. What a load of crap. They act like they're the best simulator in the world and it's a privileged to play it lol. Overrated trash.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I doubt the authorities would see it that way though

6. cduk_mugello

cduk_mugello Registered

Hi all,

I've got to say I really enjoy the F1 Fanatic mod, great work guys. I've got one small question though..

I enjoy offline racing against AI, but whenever I do a race the AI cars only race with the hard tyre. Is there any setting I can change, or any mod I can do, to make the AI cars race with softer compounds? Maybe match my compound?

Any advice appreciated!

7. Erick3331

Erick3331 Registered

Hi guys , I would like to ask ? I know DRS is working on this mod , can KERS be used too ? or does this not it work ?
    Thank you in advance for your help ;)

Cheers...

8. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

The problem is that the only way a mod team can charge (legally) for content is if it does NOT use any real world names, advertising, etc. - such content MUST be licensed if the team is getting money for their work. Which means that after you get the mod you will have to either make your own skins or wait for someone else to do so; in practice, this means that only a few popular cars will be available. A "donate" option is skating very close to the edge in that it could be seen as profiting. As has been stated, takedown notices have been issued for far less egregious actions.

The only sure paths to an accurate mod are (1) licensed content, such as ISI did; (2) totally free content with the assumption that the owners of the trademarks will not contest it.

9. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

gabriel666, Louis and rubennaatje like this.
  10. Alan

Alan Registered

where can we get this?

11. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Here I give you a closed to release video. It will be released tomorrow (1 June)

12. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Here you can see the McLaren:

13. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Please, take care that the mod is still W.I.P. We have to fix the sounds volume and change some things. We will release it 1 June.

Guimengo likes this.
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Looks great. Is it for dx11?

15. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Eh.... We made it in DX9, so I hope so because if It looks bad in DX11 then I am gonna kill myself hahaha :D

16. Rooney

Rooney Registered

Sorry for the inconvenience, but those 3d models are so similar to ACFL ones (payware mod for Assetto Corsa, and in the next week for rFactor), you can even see the ACFL logo inside the cockpit. Did you ask the modding group for the permission to use their cars?

17. racingmoddingfr

racingmoddingfr Registered

The only team as autorized to convert and work on ACFL MOD is APEX.
    So this mod is illegal, I have already contacted the support of the official site which manages their forum to make it close quickly.
    Same for youtube channel

F1Aussie likes this.
  18. whip

whip Registered

where can we download that mod?

19. whip

whip Registered

acfl are illegally selling unlicensed f1 stuff, have you reported them to fom as well?

20. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

While I do agree that doing that is very shitty, it's less illegal then asking money for unlicensed content.

demerzel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.