Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for that useful reply--anticipating the next question regarding the latest update.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

As usual, a time and space wasting useless reply from you.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The beta thread has some small errors.
    - Build from 19/5 should read 1832786. It reads 1828309 which was a build rolled back two days before.
    - Build 1837347 from Monday 22 does not even appear. It was producing black skies and was rapidly corrected to 1837619. However, it was released and it should appear considering there were reports about it.

I reported both at discord but have not been corrected.

On the other hand I disagree that the thread is being updated with lag or delay. I just noticed those small corrections that I mentioned. There has not been any new beta since Monday that I am aware of.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Likewise :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yesterdays update was just for the Cache folder due to the updated cars according to Marcel on Discord.

tpw and Mulero like this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In itself, yes, though not so much specifically regarding power steering (since rF2 doesn't do power steering). However, I think it's possible using the new steering system to scale forces which would seem a good idea (separate to setting the car's nominal max steering torque, which would then play havoc with powerful wheels configured with their correct torque capability).

This has long been the case, mind you. And, very many people who don't have very high strength wheels generally complain when FFB is too light out of the box, so there probably has to be some compromises. Also, you can lower the car specific FFB if it bothers you.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

If I remember correct, during ISI times the philosophy was to always adjust cars so that their peak torque outputs max FFB to the wheel. And since the range is much smaller in Panoz than in a race car, that efficiently means that you are running at a higher FFB for most of the time. To make it like real life you would probably need to scale down the Panoz FFB at least 5 times compared to a race car with no power steering, so efficiently that would make the Panoz feel totally limp on something like a G27 wheel.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Some of the cars are a tad whacky for some of us in the ffb dept.
    The f2 & 3.5 come to mind

Also I tried the stock cars for the first time I think these will really benefit from the contact patch tire model coming ( or is it the ffb again? )

Ps getting brill results ffb wise from a lot if the cars (only use official)

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agreed that this is likely the explanation. But how does Reiza manage to balance all their cars so much better? They still don't reflect the full dynamic range of FFB that is completely realistic, but a much more plausible range than rF2 cars. Or maybe their range just works better on a CSW? It's very difficult to get FFB to feel natural on a wide range of hardware with only one master strength adjustment available.

LokiD likes this.
  12. txinas

txinas Registered

Hi, I have got one problem. When i am driving i have got a one secon lag every circuit. More in DX9 than Dx 11. I put all the settins in low and the Steam vr in 0.8 buthe problem is not solucioned. Have anybody tell me a good advice?

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

can you fill in your PC specs on your profile ? zero idea what your using etc

14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I though I was the only one who noticed that.

15. txinas

txinas Registered

CPU i5-4570 3.20GHz
    NVIDIA 1070
    RAM 8 GB

16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Just had a couple quick tests with a bunch of combos on the usual settings i run and it didnt stutter/drop under 60FPS a single time. Not even during triple screen watching live as the other cars drive around (replay-ish). That was ALWAYS dropping under 60FPS before. Around 15 AI on the start grid NOLA going around the track not a single drop under 60FPS. I never tested upping shadows to medium that usually gave me bad performance. Will test that next time.

Good job so far, S397. :)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  17. ZED

ZED Registered

With all the updates regarding poor frames, I realize how busy you guys at Studio397 have been, but could there be a solution for the reversed tyre temp colours please.

Rodent, Obbzy_XR_ and Tony like this.
  18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Are we due a road map update??

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Highly unlikely, the last one was only two weeks ago! :)

20. Tony

Tony Registered

Yep I second that request. We (F1SR) use the tyre-temp/wear hud a lot - our league races are 50+min duration & looking after the tyres has become a BIG thing since the contact patch

On a positive: performance has improved a fair bit with the steady stream of updates since dx11 appeared - thanks for the push in this direction guys :)

patchedupdemon likes this.