Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This is the very best beta I've been involved in

ISI's rfactor 2 was very the worse I've been involved in

2. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't see a big advantage in using a separate beta product as opposed to just switching branches, they both have their upsides and downsides. Also I think you have to pay for the Reiza beta, whereas here it's free.
    I remember when ISI rF2 beta first came out, there were performance and alt-tab issues. Just like there are performance and alt-tab issues now. I don't see the big difference. A beta is a beta.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  3. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Well this beta that's out will not c the light of day on my pc until its fully functional.......... had it been a separate install then it would have been tested by my self and probably all the guys that race in my league, which is a bugger...... I think it would have been much better for more input into the newer DX11 build...

thats my 2 cents worth

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  4. FS7

FS7 Registered

You don't, AMS beta is added to your Steam library for free if you get the season pass.

5. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Hate to disagree with you there chum but first off your comparing apples with bananas. Reiza's beta is open only to those who ponied up the money to join (myself included) whereas rF2 is open to the masses. Secondly I myself have read my fair share of complaints and bitching over there in the Reiza 51 beta forums. For what its worth the devs of both AMS (Reiza) and rF2 (Studio397) have behaved impeccably within there respective beta programs IMHO

Alex72, bluet, MarcG and 1 other person like this.
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

Exactly. You need the season pass, so it's not free for everyone.

Alex72 and bravotangosix like this.
  7. rer8

rer8 Registered

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took me so long to view and respond. I found that my recent rebuild of Windows 10 had saved a file called "oldWindows." I removed it, reinstalled rF2 and so far everything is working well. Clearly this was a self induced issue, and I apologize to the developers and the kind folks who attempted to assist me. Best regards, Randy

patchedupdemon likes this.
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ok, so i had a little test with a couple of combos. Well, even though i run with low shadows i have to say that its moving forward in a great way because i tested cars i had stutter with around a bunch of AI's (even in DX9 that is!) and even with one of those cars that gave me the worst slowdowns i had 0 (zero) drops below 60FPS. :) PP=low and AA=2 (works good for me quality graphics wise). I have all on HIGH except shadows (low), shadow effect (off), reflections road/env (off), Soft Particles (off).

Im praying to the S397 gods that when the beta has matured i will be able to change one setting 1 step up. Shadows to medium. And then i will be super happy (im happy now btw - phyzicz rulez and iz above all flazh). :cool: Really great work so far. dev's!

EDIT: Was on Toban with Howston G4 and it was smooth as silk, and then some rain came in plus the AI turned their headlights on which caused drops under 60FPS and caused stutter. But during sun (i had clouds and thats fine and smooth) its better than DX9 so far in that condition. Headlights seem to be a FPS eater when a few cars around.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Curious as to which VR has proven to be better with rF2 now that DX11 and VR is testable. Anyone who has run oculus or vive could you please post with your opinion and which unit you use and maybe basic PC spec?
    I am thinking of buying VR and am undecided at the moment as to which way to go.
    Thanks in advance.

10. rer8

rer8 Registered

I had a large download in rF2 this morning and a surprising and exciting look at what is coming with the teaser that was available to look at briefly. Thanks for what your are doing with this, my favorite (one of the few) computer racing simulators. Awesome work, developers, thank you very much.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I only have workshop content download--what did you get? Latest build is May 22.

And what is this teaser you are referring to?

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Adrianstealth and patchedupdemon like this.
  12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Sorry if this is known, but does anyone else have issues with steam overlay/F12 steam screenshots? Doesnt work for me anymore. Triples + multiview. Not sure if thats the issue.

13. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Fantastic work so far on this - works great.

14. rer8

rer8 Registered

Hey Mark, I have spent the last 10 days battling with WIN 10 so I may have just been catching up. Nonetheless, I like what I am seeing in the DX11 updated cars, and tracks. The teaser was what appears to be an updated User Interface, with nice graphics. As soon as I tried to use it, poof, it was gone... Could be me, or it was a "teaser." :D

15. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hi guys - have been trying to keep an eye on this thread to tips for changing over to DX11, but after 40 pages....... So, my question is - has anyone started a thread/post etc compiling the tips i.e clear CBash and Shaders folders etc?
    Thanks

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, update in the past few hours. What are we vaunted beta testers supposed to notice or pay attention to?

17. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The fact that you're not important so you can beta test like the rest of us?

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

bravotangosix likes this.
  20. tpw

tpw Registered