Possiblity to launch other apps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MerlinC2000, May 27, 2017.

1. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Is there a way to configure rF2 thus other applications (e.g. CrewChief) is launched before starting rF2 and another application (e.g. BigScreen) is launched afterwards rF2 was closed?

Thanks in advance.

2. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

Big screen thingy might be a difficult to achieve, because AFAIK it is just a Steam GUI and not its own process. Launching amd closing different processes can be done via batch files quite easily. Complex batching on the otherhand is very comparable to programming, so it requires some skills. But you can do pretty amazing stuff with it and batch files are the way to go if you are a manager of some complex server systems and so on.

I've done really little proper batching in my life and what I've done is mostly on linux, but checking if process is running and depending on the result, batch makes another operation, for example launches another process should be pretty straight forward. Googling stuff takes you a long way, I for example found this in about 5 seconds:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/162291/how-to-check-if-a-process-is-running-via-a-batch-script

You can set CC to launch rF2 within the CC app, so when you run CC, it also automatically launches rF2.