Released USF2000 2016 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 23, 2016.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't know what you want to hear. The horse has beaten to death in that regard, that a sim skippy will never feel like driving the real thing no matter how hard you try it. Tbh, I don't feel those huge differences that you feel between the cars. The cars you mentioned (USF-2000, F2 and Skippy), are very different cars with very different charactaristics so it's to be expected that they feel and behave completely different. Yet they are all equaly good from my POV and it's not like they drive like UFOs. That you think that Reiza set a new standard has something to do with the engine they use. It's a well proven tool and they can upgrade their stuff on a much faster rate as they have been working with it for allmost a decade now. That some of the stuff is more simplified helps aswell. If you gave them the rF2 engine they wouldn't be working faster than ISI or Studio 397. I think Michael Borda is not just a dude who just started with physics, so when you read the Devblog for the BT44 you will get an insight of what it takes to create such a car alone and it makes me question even more, how good the rest of the industry really is, just looking how any other company is pumping out content after content with " realistic benchmark" physics. Knowledge about physics production isn't something that you learn in a few months or that you can pass on to new employes easily.

Anyway, this is turning in the good old my sim is better than your sim debate and you are kind of overreacting a bit. How the cars in AMS feel, has basicly nothing to do why this vehicle handles like it handles and it's been explained allready.

Slamfunk3 and MarcG like this.
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Your reply is not really relevant to what I was saying, nor are you in a position to comment on it from S397's perspective. I'll await any reply from the source.

But I will address one point that seems to be a major point of disagreement around the community. The three cars are obviously different, but in my opinion in no way shape or form should they "feel and behave completely different." If you have ever driven real race cars, or even road cars for that matter, you'd realize that those three race cars (Skippy with slicks, USF2000 and F2) are much more alike than they are different. If you blindfolded and ear-plugged yourself and could still drive them, meaning you only had the feeling from the seat of your pants and the steering wheel to sense the g-forces, they would be distinguishable, but overwhelmingly similar. They would be more versus less capable (on a g-force scale), but otherwise quite similar as low-slung open wheelers. If you think they should feel like completely different vehicles, I'm sorry to disagree 100%. Fortunately, Reiza doesn't agree. iRacing is a bit of a hybrid, because they too develop one car at a time and apply updates on a non-systematic basis. This may be a necessity when using a more complex sim (compared to AMS/rF1), but it doesn't mean the result is better or appropriate. iRacing is deliberately attempting to make their suite of vehicles appropriate and consistent (from a sim modelling perspective) relative to each other.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Well, you got NOTHING what rF2 is about and I got to believe you didnt get what car-physics is about in general!
    You seem to have NO clue!

What you analogously saying is that cars in AMS feel similar. What is clearly a shortcoming of physics- and tyre-engine behind this sim!
    rF2 Tyre is calculated VERY differently than those in AMS!
    rF2 FFB is calculated DIRECTLY from suspension and steering-geometry of the car, as stated a 1000 times now!

• There you go.....

• Because you dont get that EVERY car is different! (And maybe it is another prove that Niels H. cant do tyres...;)
    • You still dont get that you HAVE NOT the G-forces as in real life???:confused::mad:
    Edit: how about trying cars without FFB at all? That would clear MANY minds here about car-feeling!!!
    FFB is REALLY discussed to DEATH here!!!!! You are blind about real physics cause of FFB!

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Perhaps there is an English as a second language issue here, because you are not comprehending at all what I am saying. I'll refrain from suggesting any other theories. As mentioned, I await a response from those in the know. There is no need for you or others to feel the need to rip apart what I am saying or criticize other sims. You can just wait patiently for some feedback from S397.

However, your opinion what constitutes an authentic sim is not shared by all. Don't assume there is an absolute right or wrong answer about all of this. rF2 has continuously evolved since it was released. As has iRacing and even AMS over its short life. You might want to pay attention to that.

5. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

I can agree with this. USF2000 offers plenty of grip until you over-step the limit. At that point, the car gets skittish and gives the impression of much less grip. It's a car that rewards being able to keep it within a very thin envelope. I love it. No "ham-fisted" gorilla wrestling need apply here with this car.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The key for me is that this transition is so well communicated. In other sim cars, the car can react unexpectedly, whereas here, even if you do drive ham-fisted , you get exactly what you should expect. The sim feedback helps you drive at the edge of the adhesion limit, rather than punishing you when you exceed it. That's by far the most important attribute in a sim car for me. It also handles like a dream when you are under the limit, as do 99% of race cars. And, finally, when you really exceed the limit, perhaps in a ham-fisted manner, if you do what you should to correct that mistake, the car will often come back to you as you would expect. It doesn't flail off into oblivion with no hope of recovery (as some other cars do even with very little provocation). Perfection for me.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The new GT500 just proved the USF2000 was not an anomaly or mere good luck from Studio 397. We now have our second car that hits it out of the park in terms of handling and feel.

Rony1984, Sebastien Sestacq and Eddy like this.
  8. daguru

daguru Registered

100% agree 2 great cars already given me hours of race fun can't wait for VR and Dx11,2017 is looking good for us sim racers

bluet and bwana like this.
  9. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Thanx for this great car, however, yesterday I've discovered a "bug" in this mod, and that is the lcd don't show light damage( yellow parts of the cars) and when i went to pit, it cost me 37 seconds for repair. I know i can switch off "body repair" from the pitmenu, but is some what you can forget to do, because when you check the status of the car it is displayed without damage.
    Anyway this is a fun car,easy to drive and difficult to master :D
    I hope the F2 and other old content will get an update soon (F2 was never updated)
    Not to mention the need for some short track that fit these little formulas
    Thx again and happy new year!

10. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Its like that for every car in RFactor2 since forever!
    Yellow damage is only suspension damage

11. RoWo

RoWo Member

Is this car encrypted? So we can't do own Teams.mas for our league?

12. bwana

bwana Registered

try Toban (various layouts), Mores, Sebring club,Lockdrumond,Mills (various short layouts) AMP,Silverstone Int, etc.etc :)

13. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

You don't need to unpack/repack a mod to add drivers for league use. :)

14. RoWo

RoWo Member

Ok. Sorry. Seems to work.

15. Stan

Stan Registered

Hi all,
    Thanks to Studio-397 (and all involved) for this wonderful car that is really incredible when setup properly...
    I haven't read the whole thread and maybe this has already been discussed, but if the car and tires are among the best ever done in any sim, why does the wheel can't spin when starting, even when revving or playing with the clutch?
    Except this, I love the car, so thanks again... and in advance for your reply.

Stan.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  16. Karei

Karei Registered

After many hours on this car, which I absolutely love, I understood that it is faster if on straights the front dynamic ride height goes higher than the rear (in corners of course the front goes lowest as normal). Is there a technical reason for that? I mean, if I got vehicles dynamic theory correct, rear height should be higher than the front, am I correct? Not a critic, just asking for a clarification on the topic.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

If this car has a diffuser (I suppose, encrypted physics), it is normal that if you run at an incorrect rake (difference between rear and front height) for the diffuser (front higher than rear) you disminish it's downforce in straight line hence the higher top speed.

RB in F1 use a high rake for their car (when cornering), but by a clever suspension design manage a reduction of rake in straight line (reducing diffuser efficiency) to disminsh drag.

Cheers.

Karei likes this.
  18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

What I have written for diffuser is also true for wings, their incidence against the airflow varies with pitch (hence downforce and drag).
    Cheers.

Karei likes this.
  19. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Version 1.5 is now available on Steam workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804789421

Changlelog
    • Added the oval package, with additional gearbox ratio for the 5 speed gearbox (and its own oval-specific setup).
    • Small adjustments to inertia for various car components.
    • Widened the engine cooling adjustment range, allowing for higher engine temps at 100% tape.

jlnprssnr, wic150, deceda and 11 others like this.
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

amything else coming today, updated content or new beta?