[REL] Flat6 Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Also make sure Autodetail FPS is off.

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

I've used all ISI content and tried all the highly rated mods. Cockpit view only. Auto detail FPS is always off. Only with this mod, and the Lola T280, parts of the car disappear when they are far enough away. I'll try with bonnet view next time, if it's of any use to anyone.

3. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Ok so objects have a set distance when to be drawn, lods are implemented to help fps. No point in drawing a car in full detail 200 meters away. So say a track has trees that are drawn 500meters away you come on a short straight and there they are, but braking markers are drawn in at 200 meters. The straight is 250 meters so you hit the straight and then they pop up. Like wise with the cars, the lowest lod may be drawn in at 500 meters, but a straight is 750 meters, so again they pop in or up. As the car gets closer they switch to more detail. In rfactor this was so easy so address with editing the cam.cam file and increasing the lod multiplier. I wish in rfactor2 they switched this to the plr, but sadly not. Some mods I can edit myself and just re-package, no good for online but for me it's ok as I hate pop up and when racing the AI. However because people rip mods, these guys have locked down the MAS so no fun for me. Hence the request.
    Hope my explanation helps.And it would be easy for the modding group to add as an upgrade too. Pleeeeaaaaassssseeeee....
    BTW GTX 1080 with DSR 4K rocks on single screen.

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

My apologies, I noticed last night in the Indy car round Road America that the same 'disappearing parts at distance' was occurring. So not just this mod and T280.

5. Ernie

Ernie Registered

About the overblown washed-out White on the cars, i'd recommend to not use almost pure white for the skins. It's not recommended by the devs, because of rF2 is using albedo maps in HDR mode.

Just read this from the Dev-corner -> Texture maps and color saturation

Quoting:
    Whenever i paint a car livery for rF2, i always try to follow this advise. And yes, a white car or some logos with color 180-180-180 look very "grey" in the paint tool, but ingame it looks right.

6. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

I just noticed that the front inside wheel is not touching the ground quite often, verified through MoTeC as well. I'm assuming that can't be right.

7. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

If during cornering a with the outside-front loaded up that's entirely possible, and actually common with some RWD cars with strut front suspension layouts. Spend some time looking through pictures of cars through Turn 17 at Sebring...

8. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying it happens quite a lot with these and I don't think that's correct. I haven't noticed it while watching real Carrera Cup races.

Nurburgring part of VLN track:
    View attachment 20984

9. Louis

Louis Registered

Massive fps drop only with this mod. No idea why

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

On DX11 I suppose?

DaveS78 and F1Aussie like this.
  11. Louis

Louis Registered

Yes

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Ok, the issue is known (on the Endurance Series too), we work on DX11 adaptation to solve this with the support of S397

13. balage06

balage06 Registered

May I ask if there is an estimated release date for the shader update?

14. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Next week normally.

balage06 and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Ernie, Zoaal, pascom and 22 others like this.
  16. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Looking very nice

17. klo-che

klo-che Registered

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Complete news : http://www.enduracers.com/newsletter_49.html

EnduRacers Modding Team & Gentlemen Racers are pleased to provide to you the Flat6 Series rF2 build 4.00 ! The build includes a complete graphic refresh, including the step into DX11 shaders. The team has implemented all the rain features, recently released by Studio 397, together with the animated windscreen wiper. Some other graphic updates have been included, such as blurred rims and a new headlights rendering. The team used this opportunity to add in this build a physic update, with in particular the introduction of CPM tires technology. This modification has driven an update of all cars defaut setups, so please be carefull with your current setups before making some feedbacks.

Don't forget to read carefully the instructions to install and setup correctly the mod.

Flat6 Series rF2 - build 4.00

CHANGELOG
    * GRAPHICS : Updated bodywork shader to DX11 technology.
    * GRAPHICS : Updated headlights rendering.
    * GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for bodywork.
    * GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for windshield and windows.
    * GRAPHICS : Added animated wiper.
    * GRAPHICS : Added blurred rims (for all types).
    * PHYSICS : Integration of CPM tires (Slick & Rain, around 90°C usage temperature for Slicks) adapted from S397 reference tires.
    * PHYSICS : Inertia adjusted (based on inertia used by S397).
    * PHYSICS : Suspension geometry adjsuted (to fix the FFB blank in the center of the steering wheel).
    * PHYSICS : Aero minor adjustements.
    * PHYSICS : Brakes power/settings adjusted (now you can adjust brake pressure like S397 cars).
    * PHYSICS : Steering ratio adjusted (done like S397 cars).
    * PHYSICS : Antirolbars value adjusted (to be aligned to the rFactor2 S397 physics directives).
    * PHYSICS : FFB power adjusted (FFB Upgrades removed, use FFB Multiplier in game to adjust if needed).
    * PHYSICS : Fuel Tank position adjusted (to match to *ForceDistrib S397 mechanisms).
    * PHYSICS : Tire wear curves adjusted.
    * PHYSICS : Default setup adjusted.
    * PHYSICS : AI performance adjusted.
    * PHYSICS : Cockpit position adjusted (compliant with flat screen & VR).
    * PHYSICS : Seat front maximum position value adjusted for triple screens users.
    * PHYSICS : Upgrade autoblip removed (the real car don't have autoblip).

DOWNLOAD
    * Flat6 Series rF2 STEAM WORKSHOP : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587034279
    * Flat6 Series rF2 build 4.00 rfcmp : https://mega.nz/#!ZooQHbAb!vXaCiiz6hZpLvdWyNaxSjdLO3rSnzCgU4-JBUE_u-40
    * Flat6 Series rF2 build 4.00 rfcmp : http://www.mediafire.com/file/6cdrfvnrjlzoh6f/ER_F6rF2-v400.rfcmp

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    yippssy, Travis, bwana and 30 others like this.
  18. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

That's quite an overhaul, guys! All of your efforts for rF1 and rF2 releases are most certainly appreciated!

Now...to figure out how to get DX11 build to run "adequately" on my system to be able to have a race with a small amount of AI. ;-p

*ducks*

19. txinas

txinas Registered

Thanks!!!Great job boys!!!

20. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Thank you guys ! I'm gonna try now !