Traction Levels Between Sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Mar 21, 2017.

1. traind

traind Registered

Some of the data analysis in this thread is impressive. But remember, despite that analysis:

My SIM is better than yours. My SIM is more realistic than yours.

It doesn't matter which SIM you use, mine is better. My sim tires are completely realistic and yours aren't. I am doing a real world track day next week but I don't know why I bother. It is just a waste of money because my sim is more realistic than going to a real-world track. I can almost guarantee that next week I will miss an apex and that is because the real world car's physics are not as accurate as my sim. My real world tires don't heat and cool properly. I wish I could put my sim tires on my real world car so I could have driving Nirvana.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Just got back from AC's forum and they are the best I was informed.

I, for one, was complaining. rF2 and even Pcars is working pretty good right now. Six months from now AC may be working the best again.

It's not not so much that any one sim is bad but the others are improving.

I like how much "car" I have in my hands with rF2.:)

PS don't kid yourself. Do you really think a guy like Sebastian Vettel doesn't think he could have gone faster if his car was set up just a little better??

Us sim guys aren't much different.:)

3. mike.m

mike.m Registered

The same way you're here informed that rF2 is the best :cool:.

What I appreciate is that every one of us can choose whatever we like the best and enjoy it. Some of us can enjoy different things for what they offer, for the good or the bad that means ;)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

There is less arrogance here by a country mile. I guess I still consider myself a AC fanboy and I'm a little embarrassed of some of the immature guys there.

When someone has a problem with rF2 he's not humiliated but is offered help.

5. mike.m

mike.m Registered

I've seen arrogant posts here too when people point out things that are better in different sims, but I guess it's harder to take when the arrogance is directed towards one-self's...

6. Led566

Led566 Registered

Lazza DAMPlugin can record three sets of temps: carcass, rubber, and surface. You just have to activate the options in the .ini file.
    See post #37 here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/damplugin-for-rf2.49363/page-2#post-819448
    With these you may completely simulate what happens in your vid.

avenger82 likes this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You were offered help on the AC forums, multiple times in different threads, we can't help it if you chose to ignore it, hence Kunos locking your thread for lack of wanting to listen.

8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I had done everything that was suggested.
    They had locked my threads when I wasn't there.
    I even had said if that is how it works is fine.

9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

What do you think I didn't try or wasn't listening to? I really do want to fix it.

I bought the new DLC last night and will continue to and encourage others to support AC and the other sims. I don't think I ever told anyone not to support AC. Sim racing is a great hobby. I just wish they wouldn't be so vicious to people having a hard time with it. I seen it happen to others time and time again. I just don't see that kind of behavior here.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  10. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I've been reading through my locked weight transfer threads and I can't find anything I didn't try. Maybe I misunderstood but it did try.

I did notice rude description of other sims in threads in in AC. "Fake" is a word I seen more then once describing rF2 and "crap" used for Pcars. Before I got Pcars setup I would have agreed to some extent but not now.

That is why I'm still looking in AC. I am so amazed at how well Pcars is right now with a few settings.

I truly believe AC is better. I just have to get it set right.

11. QUF

QUF Registered

A couple of months ago you said Pcars was bad and now pcars is working pretty good. However there weren't any updates for that game since last year. I don't understand your constant changing of mind with these "AC works best now, AC doesn't work well now, may be working best again in 6 months, rf2 didn't work well in the beginning now is working best, pcars first it worked well but then it didn't and now it works well again".

People were trying to help and understand your issues countless times over there in the AC forums, but you kept insisting that there was no weight transfer, weight shifting, and stuff like that.

Threads were locked not only because of you, but because of a general arguing that started from your claims, so don't take it entirely personal, since you weren't banned or anything like that.

You say that people over there are very arrogant, I believe you think that because you didn't receive confirmation of your claims and people in the forums were disputing what you were saying. That is no reason to have such a strong opinion against them or against the game. Also I don't know for what reason you consider yourself an AC fanboy.

Also, you confuse physics with physical mesh of the road. People didn't say anything about the car/game physics but were talking about how the road physical mesh is designed in rf2 or about the ffb effects like "rumble strip pull factor" which may make the ffb more violent by exaggerating the forces passed from the road or just from the rumble strips to your wheel. The ffb .json file in rf2 has too much stuff that influences how the forces transmit to the wheel, that exaggerates the forces, the jolts, and other effects.

What the effects in AC do are just a vibration in the wheel that doesn't act on the force feedback, therefore people just turn those off and simply use the gain% which is the raw ffb from the car without exaggerating anything. Is the same story in pcars and raceroom, where you have several parameters that control different aspects of the forces instead of just using the raw ffb from the car.

12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I change my opinion of sims when I change the settings of wheel/ingame. AC didn't get worse, pcars and rF2 got better. That's why I think there may be a fix for AC.

I think you gave me an idea? I got all this great FFB in pcars by turning ingame gain to 100%. I think I'll try the some in AC. I sure am missing something for sure.

Thanks for the kind words @QUF!:)

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Iracings cars are pretty consistent throughout , pretty "ok"
    Tracks about the best out there
    (Dynamics are poor)

AC's cars are awful to bland with just a very few gems
    Tracks pretty good throughout
    (Pretty much no dynamics)

Rfactor2 has a lot of truely terrible cars (mainly 3rd party amature modded )
    But the good stuff (mainly official) imo stands head & shoulders above all else
    lots of poor tracks again due to amature modders, official updated ones are very very good when considering the dynamics that goes on

One has to be selective
    Agreed settings have to be optimum

Re.grip to much dumbed down grip destroys any hope of a decent sim

Just my personal thoughts happy for others to disagree etc not trying to upset anyone

vegaguy5555 likes this.