Amp feedback issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, May 17, 2017.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi all, I recently got myself a couple of Dayton 50w transducers and a Dayton apa 150 amp to run them.
    I have the shakers set up under my pedals and seat and I use simvibe.
    I am sure it is wired up properly but I am getting a horrible droning noise that I think is coming from the amp. The noise cuts in and out at various times even when I drop the volume down I can still here it even though it lowers and raises with volume control.
    I do not have any microphones nearby that I am aware of. I think It tends to happen when driving at low to medium transition in revs.
    I have one shaker set up to left speaker and the other to right.
    Any ideas anyone? It is really bugging me as I cannot use them the way it currently is.
    CheersF1A

2. Magus

Magus Registered

Have you followed the Simvibe set-up instructions (pdfs)? Soundcard set-up as a Quadrphonic output in windows? It should be set up as Front & Rear Speakers, as in plugged into those ports from your soundcard into the amp. In Simvibe when you test the pedals and seat do get the correct tone placement and also the sound from the amp?

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi Magus, tonight I started by undoing my simvibe settings and adding one effect at a time, so far so good, not sure what the oversteer setting means when it has mono after it. It must be simvibe tweaking that will sort it out in the end.
    Cheers

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

do you run in chassis or extension mode?

5. Magus

Magus Registered

Both, I have four at the corners of the rig, and then under the seat, pedals, and gearshift.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I use extensions and have seat and pedals, do you find the pedal effects hard to notice? I find them very subtle while the seat ones are great

7. Magus

Magus Registered

No not at all, on the pedals I have Engine Vibration, Gear Change, Impacts, Road Bumps, & Oversteer enable, all of which are noticeable apart from Gear Change. In fairness I have a 'budget' setup using very cheap bass shakers with a very limited frequency range, I think at a frequency of around 35Mhz my shakers peak and fall off at 55Mhz. You may want to see where your shakers peak & fall out for when you set the 'tones' on the different effects.

F1Aussie likes this.
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

cool thanks, will check that out