Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Tech G

Tech G Registered

Thanks guys.

Just for any one else having this problem, for me turning off the post processing didn't fix the problem. It's seems to just be a problem with certain cars in some 3rd party cars mods.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Tech G Yes, mods need to have built-in 'glow' textures removed and let the post processing do the job for them.

3. daguru

daguru Registered

Hi so is it a case of liverys need converting ?

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  4. Promag

Promag Registered

I know because of the 80's my liver needs converting. Sorry couldn't resist. :)

Max Dralle, jayarrbee36 and daguru like this.
  5. daguru

daguru Registered

lol

Promag likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is a collection of dx11 converted cars from S397 in the steam workshop. Individual mods will have to address the dx11 update, some are well underway and others have not been touched. But that will require the modders to do the work. To ascertain how dx11 is working with your system, use only the cars and tracks that Christopher or Marcels have listed. If you wish to explore other cars/tracks, then contact the original authors to inquire about updating the cars to dx11.

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Now that rf2 runs very well on my system,and looks brilliant,(it's been like getting a brand new game for me),I can't keep my excitement at bay for the future content,rf2 is in dire need of some standardised cars in my opinion,the variation between mods with regards to ffb etc,is sometimes a downer,they all look wonderful but some need to be optimised to create a solid cohesive experience.
    If and when the structured online is implemented,my god this product will have no equal,as long as the 3pa stuff has to meet a certain standard or criteria or even if the guys at s397 have to just add the final touches in regards to ffb,just to get rid of the massive variance we have now.
    I'm rambling I know,sorry,I just can't wait for the future

bluet and Jake Loewenstein like this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

[QUOTE="patchedupdemon, post:
    even if the guys at s397 have to just add the final touches in regards to ffb,just to get rid of the massive variance we have now.
    [/QUOTE]
    This would be good, but i'm not sure feasible.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  9. Nick1402

Nick1402 Registered

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before but 32 pages is a bit much but is it normal the video config window in laucher settings looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/AKBNG

[​IMG]
    1. My drivers are updated
    2. This should be dx11?
    3. I overclocked
    4. I'm running Win 10
    5. Should this be 6gb?[​IMG]

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Mine has similar issues. It has my GTX 1070 with 72mb not 8GB and Windows 8 instead of 10, lol.
    I've seen it reported already, hopefully a fix will come soon but it's bewn stated that no loss of performance due to incorrect launcher config.

Nick1402 likes this.
  11. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Surely that is the nature of an open architecture though? People will have their own opinions of ffb feel and mods will have their own little followings. It is a bit like the multitude of "real" ffb settings posted where people can fiddle with parameters to create an almost infinite number of combinations. Great for S397 to provide their own content and default settings which form the backbone of the core product but the open architecture and the diverse nature of the sim are key attributes IMHO.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. patchedupdemon

Agreed,I was just trying to say that we need a homogeneous core of base content,at the moment we have a few official cars,which you can tell are official because they are a solid product when it comes to ffb etc,then we have mods where some have ffb that is all over the place,really light,or even no ffb,then stupidly heavy on turn in,then really light mod corner.
    I agree that modding is a core aspect of this game,but when most mods I've tried vary so much in the quality of the ffb,I just don't bother running them,I don't mean to be bad mouthing the modders,because there is some really amazing and solid mods,like the v8 supercar,I just think there should be a standard they have to meet,which s397 should help the modders achieve,which they haven't done yet,so it's not the modders fault,and there should also be a separate section for wips,because people do see mods that are wips and think they are done,which negatively reflect on their experience here,and so they go off and play something else thinking that's what to expect.

This is one of the biggest complaints I here from people and a main reason they don't bother with rf2,having standards should only be a benefit no ??.

13. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

There are a bunch of cars in AC & iRacing I don't really like, all produced by the developers and cars that I do. I am not really sure if that matches the preferences I would have driving the real things just some things seem to work for me better than others. I think that kind of works for mods too.

There is always a risk people will try a given car in a sim and dismiss it as not for them. I'd be inclined to think people would gravitate to the official stuff when checking out a sim but I could be wrong.

14. bwana

bwana Registered

That's why when you download the game it comes with all official content on 1st download,after that people have the choice to subscribe to moded content. You have the choice then to keep or delete that content

15. moonm8trx

moonm8trx Registered

Guys why are the cars/arms/hands so small in VR? Is there a way to fix it?

16. patchedupdemon

So your happy with new comers just having the base content to compare to other games like iracing etc,and you expect them to stay

17. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't know what you expect S397 to do for the modders really. S397 is busy building their own DLC content at the moment, I doubt they have free time to go through thousands of mods. ISI already tried something called "3PA program", mods that got the 3PA label got included as base content to the game (like Matsusaka). But people complained the 3PA content was mostly poor compared to original ISI content, so they didn't want it as part of the base install. At the end of the day people can download the mods they want, it doesn't need a 3PA stamp on it, it doesn't tell us much anything, as some of the 3PA stuff like the Gasoline Alley mod were basically rF1 quality.

It's true that it seems S397 is a bit less focused on mods, but I can't really blame them. ISI relied on mods carrying this sim for 5 years, and it didn't really work out.

18. gp20

gp20 Registered

PP Ultra with a GTX1080
    [​IMG]

Not better than with the RX480.

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Best way to get an idea of the games capability isn't it?? Then read forums and try mods if you cant find what you want . download and either like it or delete it. pretty simple.. AC does it this way and its popular ,difference is the simplicity of the workshop.IR doesn't offer any mods so its not even in the equation

Aceking likes this.
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What resolution is this ? 1080p really ?
    My GTX 1070 has similar fps @ 3840x2160.