[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I seem to take a 10fps hit driving these cars compared to my other GT3 cars ? :( is this just what to expect from paid rF2 Mods due to more (i dont know) stuff (quality) maybe?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'm just wondering if you will be adding the preview pic to this Paid mod ?
    Out of all the mods i have this is the first i have spent money on but to find it doesnt even have all the assets that even free content has was a bit surprising and disappointing :(
    Is this something that will be added to the Mod ? are you waiting for the big update top Directx 11? This mod has been out for quite some time , i'm sure other people have been a little disappointed by this also .
    I'm sure that the mod is good but dont you think that if you are charging money you should have the mod complete ?

Guimengo likes this.
  3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What are these assets you are refering to? Doesn't this have the latest tyre model, chassis flex etc. rf2 branded features? At least it feels very good to drive.

Also 10fps isn't a big hit. I understand that people had weak PCs when rf2 was released but it's really time to upgrade now if you haven't done so yet... While it's not possible to upgrade for everyone, I understand the POV of a modder, they can't be stuck in the past for too long.

WiZPER, Ernie and rubennaatje like this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Preview Pic is missing but me saying asset probably Isn't correct .
    I think not having a preview pic on a PAID mod a bit of a let down considering MOST FREE mods can do it .
    I'm not going to update from a GTX 1070 / i5 6600k just to play with one mod ,lol . I play @ 4k v-sync and the stock skins seem to be the issue because after installing a skin pack fps is rock solid again .

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Skins being the issue? Sorry but no, something else must have been messed up at your end.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay, but I've now got 300 hrs with rF2 getting a very constant 60fps and just the other day got this mod and straight away started getting 50fps and stutter with only these cars on Mills (my goto track) but then load Apex GT3 around Mills and 60fps again no worries so i went looking for some skins because this PAID mod only has 2-4 skins per car and i race with 30 cars per grid and found the huge skin pack for this mod here in this forum and now i get my 60fps again. I always use the 4k skins if available from other skins in other games also. So my system is more than capable of playing @4k, if i turn v-sync off i get around 110fps in rF2.
    Funny but it doesn't sound like a problem on my end.
    So I'm happy with that part (silky smooth fps) but it doesn't put a preview pic in does it?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Add-on skins that load into the setting folder want show the ICON's. It's a fault of rF2 itself, not the mod. If the ICON's are in the folders with the skins they want work anyway.
    Only the default ones will show if their there at all. I'd guess their not in this case.

Performance drop with default skins is a little strange. The only thing I can think off that would possibly do this is the default skins are saved using 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp | unsigned. Instead of the usual DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha. This doubles the file size thus more performance needed to run them. 30 odd cars on the track with this setup would slow a PC down. That's why we use DXT5 and not the other one. Though the 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp | unsigned does produce a much nicer and clearer looking livery it is very costly.

Could be wrong tho. I could be something else completely.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I thought those skins were to bring the URD cars into Enduroracer.(thus using EnduroRacer physics) Is there another carset for URD that works with the latest updates?

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

LOL, so did i just ruin the URD mod by importing the Enduroracer physics ? I hope not , but it did give more fps but that would be a bad thing if it changed physics :(

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I was just hoping for the URD Mod to show the cars preview pic as i select the car . Not default car skins but a paid mod skin preview .

11. Ernie

Ernie Registered

You're comparing apples with oranges. 4k-Skins are just textures in higher resolution of 4096x4096 pixels. It has nothing to do with your monitor resolution.
    You can use these highres textures even on a low res 800x600 monitor. It's just for having car liveries in a more crisper look. :cool: (...but it's using more video memory)

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you did that you'd actually feel the difference, URD is waaaaay better :D
    You mean the pack by Chris? That won't change physics AFAIK

Bjørn and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

rubennaatje likes this.
  15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I had this annoying flickering texture with DX9, hoped DX11 would solve the problem, it doesn't.
    Am I alone with this?
    Cheers.
    Darche_Flicker.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Noticed an incorrect reflection in AM cockpit with DX9, didn't report hoped DX11 would solve, it doesn't.
    Am I alone in noticing this?
    Cheers.
    AM-Reflection.jpg

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

this mod hasnt been updated , has it ?

18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Do we get a DX11 update? White color like in the interior of the Bayro is very bright!

19. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Will get an update but its taking some time to adjust the textures and resave them.

GrimDad, F1Aussie, Travis and 3 others like this.
  20. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Will the DX11 update bring some better performance with this mod?