[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi all.
    ¿Does anyone know if is it possible to put an image in the background of the map?
    My purpose is to compare different driving lines but i need to see the limits of the track.
    I think that a background image with the right and left line would be good for this purpose.
    Sorry for the offtopic, but i've thought that could be useful for the people of this thread.
    Thanks

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@lagg You can use i2Pro to create the left and right edge, just like real life. It does require you to drive each side of the track (for a complete lap each), then you can go to Tools -> Track Editor -> Generate Track, select Inner or Outer line (instead of driving line), select the lap that corresponds to that line, and hit Ok.

Once you've done that for both the inner and outer lines (left and right), go to the GPS Track properties, Display tab, and tick the Inner Line and Outer line down the bottom.

For early i2Pro versions I had a small tool for rF1 that could generate i2Pro track files to avoid having to do it manually. I haven't yet looked into that for rF2, and I believe recent i2Pro versions have a new file format (so my tool doesn't work in them).

McFlex and lagg like this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

Ah, thank you very much!!! ;)

4. Wozza_UK

Wozza_UK Registered

Lazza,
    First of all thanks for making this plugin. It works great. :)

I have a question/request however. In my GTR2 project there is a channel called 'Wheel Speed' - there is one for each wheel: FL, FR, RL, RR etc. This has been very useful for showing my brake lockups. If I plot FL over FR I can see if one wheel locks up because the curve gets a sudden dip in it.

Are these values available in rF2? If so could you add them?

Many thanks. :p

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Wozza_UK rF2 doesn't log wheel 'speed', but there is wheel rotation, and it will serve the same purpose. Speed is just a multiplier of that by current effective radius, which isn't available.

6. Wozza_UK

Wozza_UK Registered

Thanks for replying. So how do I get that into my project? When I went through the values I didn't see a 'wheel rotation'.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Wozza_UK Sorry for the delay, you timed the first post well but then I went to work lol

Buried in the first post is a link to my post with all the channel info: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/damplugin-for-rf2.49363/page-2#post-819448

You just need to open up the DAMPlugin.ini file and down the bottom enable the channel group you want. Vehicle_1 has the wheel rotation speed, so set that to = 1 in the file, and they'll be logged. Then you can create a new distance/time graph in i2Pro and add those channels to it as you see fit.

Wozza_UK likes this.
  8. Wozza_UK

Wozza_UK Registered

Hey, thanks Lazza, it worked perfectly! :)

9. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Hi Lazza

Just wondering if there are any dx11 compatibility issues related to the DAMPlugin?
    Cheers

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@smbrm I will test, but I wouldn't expect any issues as it doesn't do anything graphical. Anything that draws on screen won't work, at least initially, but any other plugins should be fine.

11. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

12. Adventour

Adventour Registered

Lazza, thanks. I was using the rF2 Motec Plugin, but didn't work with the new Motec i2. Stumble upon your plugin, everything works like a charm. Thanks again.

13. Adventour

Adventour Registered

The plugin work out of the box. Thanks Lazza.

14. Adventour

Adventour Registered

+1 for this

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

16. Adventour

Adventour Registered

17. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Plugin did not work for me using the DX11 beta together with VR. Are there any known issues or is this just on my computer.

P.S.: PlugIn is not listed in the 3 party plugin list box in game as well.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@MerlinC2000 just you I think, definitely works in dx11, can't see why vr would change that. Perhaps someone can confirm?

19. MerlinC2000

MerlinC2000 Registered

Yes it was my fault. Had two different versions of rFactor2 on my HDD and installed the PlugIn into the wrong directory :(

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@MerlinC2000 Ok, cool. You can actually make use of the plugin handler's ability to 'know' about more than one folder, so it's easy to manage them. Just Add another folder after the first one (which was probably the last install folder, or the Steam one) and then you can click on them and see which plugin version is installed etc.