Released Subscribe to the latest DX11 updated Content!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Seems logic to me.

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

If you have a front wheel drive car,go out to the nearest round about or small island,while there's no traffic obviously,go round it in circles at a steady state,then flaw the throttle,the car pushes away a from the round about,it should understeer like crazy,not pull itself to the island more.
    I do this all the time,and what I experienced today in the civic,is the exact opposite of what happens in real life.
    I'm thinking the an conflict or something with certain wheels,because jimmy broadbent just uploaded a video and everything was fine

3. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

Self-locking differential, maybe it's the difference between a FWD road car and the Civic BTCC.

peterchen and Daytona 675 like this.
  4. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

FWD with an LSD will do this a bit until you overpower the front tires.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. patchedupdemon

Nope,its worst when the tyres are spinning,it just pulls me off the track,in the direction the wheel is turned,from what I experienced today,there's no explaining it as realistic,sorry to say that,but on my system,the ffb and physics are reversed or something.

If it was the diff then it's fully locked,like welded shut,but it still doesn't explain why it happens when the tyres are spinning,with throttle flawed

6. patchedupdemon

That's the thing,I can spin the tyres and the effect gets worst,it just pulls me off the track,in the direction of the turn,complete opposite of rl

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I drove the civics again last night, again can't feel anything that's wrong with the FFB. When I push through a turn the fronts want to understeer straight on which is what I expect as what I got from the civics before the update. Sure there is something slightly different but personally I'm not noticing any major difference, I'll try a Silverstone later as not driven that in the civics since before the update.
    T300 wheel.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

The old Civic is availabe from this site for comparison.

What I feel from my T300 wheel is that in the old Civic, the wheel basically went neutral when I hit the throttle in the middle of the corner. It was as if the sum of all forces became zero. In the new version, the front tires push the wheel towards an increased angle when throttling, which is what people refer to as the "opposite FFB" effect. It comes from the front wheel drive, but it's not nearly like this for example in the stock FWD Renaults.

I don't know if either of these versions are strictly correct, it's difficult to speculate unless you've driven this type of car. What I know is that the FFB is just a function of how the car physics are built, so it's not an issue of the FFB itself. But for sure for me, the new version is more uncomfortable to drive, simply because you have to "stop" the wheel from steering itself on throttle.

9. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  10. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

In real life, if you drive a FWD + LSD car into a turn and push on the throttle, front outer wheel has a lot of traction and push the car into the apex. This feels in the steering wheel by a 'rare' way (steering wheel turns to the apex because of the front outer wheel is pushing).

I haven't yet tested this on the rFactor 2 Civic., but I guess this is that you feel in the FFB.

Regards.

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i always thought the throttle had too much input on the FFB. almost like if you put your foot down in a top fuel dragster! Almost far too much torque steer for the kind of car.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

FWD with a clutch-pack LSD is a violent experience. It is not subtle at all and between tire slippage & the LSD clutch-pack activating/deactivating, you feel it snatching the steering wheel out of your hands. My experience comes from a 200 bhp Shelby GLHS... 300 bhp Honda Civic can only be worse.

LokiD likes this.
  13. patchedupdemon

When you say snatching it out of your hands,do mean if your turning right the wheel want to turn left.
    Because that makes sense,but I'm experiencing the exact opposite

14. Emery

Emery Registered

It snatches in both directions depending on which tire is biting. When the clutch pack is fully engaged, it will take you wherever the wheels are pointed.

In game, you might try turning down the FFB for the Honda and see if it makes a difference for you.

Ozzy and patchedupdemon like this.
  15. patchedupdemon

cheers for the reply.
    i unsubbed from the bbtc honda this morning,and resubbed,but didnt reload the game because i had to go out,ive just loaded the game and the installing box never came up,ive checked my contents in the launcher and the bttc honda isnt there,do you know how i can get it back.

edit,verified files and now its back

16. patchedupdemon

Well after verifying the files the ffb handles as expected,this car is seriously fun,we just need snetterton etc

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Ah interesting the Emery.. ive never drive anything like that (wttc) so as you described would makes sense of that snatchy feeling./ THanks

18. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Decent power + LSD + sticky tires = quite a violent experience as Emery has stated. Used to do quite a bit of SCCA Solo 2 racing in the States and driven various cars on both fairly grippy street tires (Dunlop Z2 Star Spec) and "street legal" race compound tires (Hoosier A6). The forces coming through the steering are fairly different with RWD and AWD cars between the types of tires due to grip alone. Haven't raced a FWD car in competition, but did a couple of test runs in a 300whp Mini-S wi OS Giken LSD on 285 width Hoosiers. Violent was an understatement. Turn-in felt like any other car with opposing forces trying to self-align the steering. Start feeding throttle and it would immediately lighten and go almost zero-resistance..like...NOW.

Theres a reason some people have said that FWD race cars are just plain weird... ;-p

Promag, LokiD, Flaux and 1 other person like this.
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Is there a way to have both versions ingame ?
    If i download and install this i only have this even though it has ISI at the start of it's name . So only version 1.08 is in game and no 1.3 !

20. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

@Christopher Elliott @Marcel Offermans ; Question: with one of your released cars (Nissan GT500) you included the template in a new folder in the main rfactor folder (.....\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Templates). Will the updated content also get their templates there, or are you working on another solution for the future? Because at the moment I only have the GT500 template there.

with some searching I could likely still find all old ones too, and I have some still on my pc, but probably not the easiest solution ;)