AI pitting early in wet races + other rain issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I also tried with a fresh Player.JSON, and like Tony I get the same results. I suppose it's nice to see someone else have this problem, so it's not just me. Are ISI going to fix this?!

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Short answer, No!
    Long answer, Studio397 now maintain future development of RF2 :)

Lazza likes this.
  3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Well okay then. Do Stuido397 have an intention on fixing this? Surely something this simple (probably mistaken, don't know how the modding works) can be fixed? There must be a solution to this, even if it's in a file somewhere that I can do myself, but so far I've had no luck. :(

I never had this problem before, but all of a sudden it appeared. I am not sure if was after a certain update?

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Depends whether it's considered a high or low priority I guess, you'll have to ask them politely :)

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Where do you even go to ask them? I would think it's somewhat high priority as it's only a recent problem - it's not like I'm asking for a new feature...

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well you're in the right place to ask but you need to have patience for anything to be fixed, @Marcel Offermans is the guy to ask and having tagged him he will now be aware of the issue even if he doesn't directly respond.

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

@Marcel Offermans It's been a while. Any chance of this being fixed, or at least looked into in the near future?

8. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I have added an issue for this in our issue tracker. I can't promise yet when we will have time to look into it, but this way we won't forget about it. Thanks for the detailed report, that helps.

Jon likes this.
  9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  10. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

It would seem to me that changes made to improve the behaviour for stock car content could be affecting overall behaviour?
    In the other linked thread it is said that the lap entering the pits the AI do not drive the normal line.

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  11. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I have played around with this one more, but tried other car sets. I tested the Formula Renault 3.5 and they do not have this issue. I also tried the FISIR2012 again, but on an earlier build, but still the same issue. So it seems to me that the current build of rfactor2 is not (<EDIT)causing the issue, but it is the current build of the FISIR2012 cars? There was an update on these cars a while ago with 'improved' wet weather performance - although it seems it is now making the cars pit every five laps in the wet. I'm not completely sure on this and I'm just doing trial and error and guessing. Perhaps, is there a way to return to the original build of the FISIR2012 cars so I can see if it still has the same issue? Perhaps is this is an easy fix S397 can fix anytime soon? Cheers.

12. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Please can this get fixed?

F1Aussie likes this.
  13. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

It's a shame that amongst all this DX11 hype ,for some potential better graphics, that substantial bugs dont seem to be high on the agenda of getting fixed.

14. Pales

Pales Registered

This is rather important, so I hope it is fixed soon.

Louis, RoboCAT10 and F1Aussie like this.
  15. whip

whip Registered

i tried that fanatic f1 mod in rain (my only rain race since i bought the game) and the ai were useless in the wet, kept spinning out and acting like spastics, i dunno if it was the mod, the track (interlagos) or the game

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The AI famously have issues with the final uphill at Interlagos. But if you remember a year or two ago, so did the actual F1 drivers.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

DX11 is a big deal. But that does not mean the devs are not looking at other items. However, I would suspect that AT THIS TIME only DX/VR is a focus. Once this is sorted fully they will have time to step back and assess what they want to tackle next. Remember the new tire model has been "new" for quite some time now and not all the cars have gotten that yet. When v1108 came out, there was a user screaming bloody murder because they dared to address some Nascar issues before fixing his Drifting problem. Also work is progressing, we are told, on the new User Interface and that will most likely be the 'next' big deal. I can't speak for the team, but I can observe that their plate is rather full right now.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    MarcG likes this.
  18. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

But I'm not asking for a new feature. This is a massive bug that is severely hampering offline racing in the wet, thus detracticijg from a big part of the game. I understand they might be busy, but it's just frustrating how some developers focus on new things that aren't 100% exactly 'needed' instead of correcting bugs. Like new UI? Why? What's wrong with the one we have now? How hard can it to fix this issue, a quick patch or in an entire new update? I've waited and waited in hope this would be fixed, and I was hoping it would in the latest update - but no. I guess I will just need to wait and wait some more in a slim hope that s397 might attend to this pretty prominent bug.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Currently many cars don't have rain tires that work with the latest aquaplaning parameters, all those cars are basically useless to attempt to race in rain IMO. I consider rain still a beta/WIP feature until those things get fixed one day. Anyway, you can download the original Formula ISI from link below (it has older tires, so even less raceable in rain, but maybe it works better for AI, who knows...).

http://world3.rfactor.net/dl/rf2/rfcmp/car/ISI_Formula_ISI_2012-v148.rfcmp

20. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for the link. Yeah the original was worse in the wet as in aquaplaning.

ISI released a new version a while back with a little improved grip in the wet, however the cars now pit every few laps for a fresh set of wet tyres. Because it is a bug caused by the latest update of that car, I was hoping it could be an easy fix as they might be able to back track the and see what they did to cause it.

Rfactor 2 was released in 2012, if I'm correct? So we are in 2017 now, but still the wet weather is in a beta stage. That's why I find it disappointing that a prominent part of racing is left out to focus on mildly better graphics and a new UI.

I love rfactor 2 and there is no other game out there that comes close to what I'm trying to achieve. I just wish the wet weather would finally get fixed, but it seems like it is always "soon" or "someday. Not a lot of hope which is sad.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.