DX11 - Incorrect graphics card used

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 64r, May 9, 2017.

1. 64r

64r Registered

I have 2 graphics cards and 4 monitors connected to my main dev machine.

I use my GTX graphics card for RF2 that is only connected to a single screen (Screen 4), and I have another Quadro card connected to 3 other monitors (my main dev screens 1, 2 and 3).

In the RF2 Video configuration dialog I can see both cards correctly and can select the GTX card, however when rf2 starts the Quadro card is used and the main monitor (identified as monitor 1 in Windows) is used to show rf2.

It appears that RF2 is using the first video card detected on the first screen instead of the user selected card and screen.

This is not a high priority bug, but I thought it worth reporting in case it leads you to help solving other related issues.

This configuration worked correctly in the last DX9 main release but is broken in the current DX11 beta, I am now rolling back to the latest DX9 release and will let you know if I see the same issues.

Let me know if you require more details.

SPASKIS likes this.
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Workaround:
    - First launche rF2
    - select the GTX card ingame
    - set the resolution.
    - click apply.

This should the job until the issue is fixed.

If you go back to the video setup via the launcher and want to change the Post Effect.
    Ignore the wrong video card selection and video resolution ( = "video mode").

Issue in the video setup via the launcher:
    - If you select the GTX: the Quadro is used with the GTX's "video mode".
    - If you select the Quadro: the GTX is used with the Quadro's "video mode".

3. Radar

Radar Registered

I have the same problem, however mine is a user created nVidia Surround. In DX9 it would show as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Secondary, but for DX11 I do get the option of Secondary. Without the Secondary option I can only play on the single screen 1920 x 1200, not 5760 x 1080.

DX9
    upload_2017-5-10_16-18-15.png

DX11
    upload_2017-5-10_16-18-35.png

I tried the above mentioned workaround launching rF2 etc, but it still does not display the Secondary option.

Workaround:
    - First launch rF2
    - select the GTX card in-game
    - set the resolution.
    - click apply.

4. Radar

Radar Registered

OK, so the workaround for my problem is to make the 3 x screens my primary screens. Not ideal but it will have to do for the time being..

I don't use my 3 x screens all the time hence why they are set to Secondary. They are often Disabled in Windows / Turned off and only used when running rF2.

Hopefully a fix is on the way for this.

5. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

I know this was a logged bug in closed beta.. its on their list im sure , but likely a lower priority - workaround as per above - pain as i have to do it too, but thats life