Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. AceLain

AceLain Registered

This one
    v1108-dx11-open-beta

Obrom likes this.
  2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I'd go with last stable. Sounds reasonable.

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You can set it to something else. Im guessing maybe language on keyboard has something to do with it. I have mine set to CTRL+A. Check the control options for misc/extras (or something like that).

Fanapryde likes this.
  4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Does somebody know if the weather system is supporting thunderstorms? With lightning etc.? Would be cool to look at with DX11, right?

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL............................................................................not really.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

"Last stable" is the build that was released on 1st May. It's not really any more stable than the current one, so I don't see a reason to use it.

Ernie and F1Aussie like this.
  7. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Ah ok. Thanks. ;) Didn't know that. I'm autoupdating.

8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Do we have to download 2 gigs every time we go between DX9 and DX11?

9. TJones

TJones Registered

@Oprom "v1108-dx11-open-beta" always the latest

10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Hi,

My first post on here, although I've used RF2 for a few years now.

Since installing the new DX11 build I'm not 100% sure the game is using both of my GPU's.

Is there a way of telling?

It's an Auros X5 with two 965M's in SLI. Not the fastest admittedly (budget wouldn't stretch to an X7! lol) but I could run the DX9 build with 40 cars with max everything without much trouble. I did notice though that if the PC accidently switched to only one GPU the game would start to stutter.

I'm getting about 18-20FPS using the CTRL F, outside replays are not great at all, maybe 5 FPS, and that's with a single car. So not even a handful of cars.

The data in the top left is showing GPU1 and that's what makes me think it's only running with just the one GPU?

The screen settings options are showing the correct processor and memory but just 965M 1GB which isn't correct, although I've seen lots of references to this on other forums as well.

I can run Project Cars and Assetto Corsa for example at 3k with 30 cars and Max or Ultra settings at about 60-70FPS so the PC can do the job, hence my question above.

11. Tony

Tony Registered

You know you can use Steam's live fps display Marc? - apologies if you're already aware of this, I can't tell from your post

Anyway it's here: login to Steam, click Steam (top-left) - Settings - In Game - In-Game fps counter.. then choose from the drop-down which corner of the screen you want it (will add that it's hard to find a clear bit of screen at the mo')

Andrew Harper likes this.
  12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but here goes:

I'm still with dx9. I did recieve some, I believe dx9, updates. After that my game was crashing when I went to tuning menu or entered our league server. I figured the custom made skin (which worked before the update) was the problem. I deleted it from it's folder and then put it back after I had launched game once without it. Worked after that. Just letting you know. Deleting cbash and shaders and verifying integrity didn't help but deleting and copying the file back to the folder did the trick.

Another thing which seemed to have changed is that when I use windowed mode I see the Windows menu bar (at the bottom of the screen) all the time. Before it was hidden when I entered the game. Now I had to choose boarderless mode to get rid off that menu bar. What's the deal here? (fyi, I'm using windowed mode so that rf2 won't crash when alt+tab... still a problem with rf2 I think).

And in case somebody is wondering, I'm not in dx11 beta yet, because I wait it to get stable, no hurry.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Do a complete tfactor2 delete & fresh re-install

I use to have to do this with iracing sometimes when everything seemed broken

14. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

I must have this confused then as I thought the last stable was the DX9 version, so if that IS incorrect where do I find the DX 9 version?

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

"Opt out of all betas" is the DX9 version. DX11 is a beta so if you don't get into it you are in the DX9 version

16. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Andrew Harper likes this.
  17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

18. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

duh, it sounds so obvious when you say it. Thanks @Will Mazio

John likes this.
  19. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

After DX11 (which gave me a boost on fps) I had to uninstall several tracks because they either did not work (crashing the sim, stuttering or completely washed out colors, white tracks etc...).
    That does not bother me that much but overall, it looks like ALL my tracks are much brighter now, even like overexposed. Is there a way to change saturation or brightness in-game ?
    It is only in RF2, so changing the brightness of the triple screens (BENQ 144 Hz - 1 Ms) is not really an option...

daguru likes this.
  20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Yes I noticed that as well. I think it's one of those issues that may have to be sorted over time. I've noticed that all the tracks I have with brightly coloured signage or white(ish) objects glow badly. Same with some of the skins I've created.

I understand that Enduracers for example are in the process of redoing all the image maps on the cars for the DX11 version. Not quite the same but it's a similar issue.

The only way I could temporary improve it was to switch off all post processing, but maybe someone else on here has a better solution. The official DX11 updated tracks from Studio 397 don't seem to have the issue which is no great surprise.

Fanapryde likes this.