Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. bears

bears Registered

[​IMG] Sorry if this is a dumb question maybe i missed something is anyone else getting this in the spinner view if so any idea how to fix it

Attached Files:

2. Patterik

Patterik Registered

Atlanta is a stuttery mess for me, everything else is ok, just need more fps in multiview.

Rony1984 likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Anyone else seeing lines from the car to the sky,like a name is supposed to be at the top of the lines.

4. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

hit TAB to toggle them on and off ... :cool:

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Sweet,thanks

6. unknwn

unknwn Registered

I don't understand why Silverstone track overall looks/ambience is so bad compared to Nola or Atlanta. With the same graphic and day time settings (9:00AM) both Nola and Atlanta looks quite nice: good contrast, good colors. While Silverstone colors, contrast, lightning looks "flat" or lifeless (like a really old game), seems overexposed and bright.

Also are there any plans to fix the sound of Nissan GT500 (very low external sound and the sound from the left when inside the cockpit)?

Nitrometh likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@unknwn You might want to check that your game is up to date. The GT500 sounds are fixed I'm pretty sure.

bwana likes this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Don't usually post on forums much but as this is a momentous occasion I thought I should. I should mention I'm running small triples @ 5142 x 900. As soon as the DX11 update hit I went and upgraded from a gtx750 ti to a gtx1070. I tested at Barber on DX9 with the USF 2000 with everything totally maxxed out and 32 visible AI and had fps fluctuating between 180 and 320 . On DX11 with the same settings with PP at Ultra (PRE latest fixes) gave me 40 - 80 fps and 50-100+ fps POST todays fixes. Lowering the reflections and shadows a touch gives me 60 - 120+ no probs. Whilst this is a huge drop from DX9, optimization can only improve the experience. In reality 60 fps is all I need so all good here so far. Great work

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  9. unknwn

unknwn Registered

When it was fixed? I did a clean install upon DX11 release.

10. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

I'm agree with unknwn, the GT500 sounds are wrong. Inside the cockpit, there are some speaker with no sound (at least in 5.1).

Regards.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@unknwn I think I saw it mentioned in the dx9 update, which was after the initial dx11 beta release.

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I always have problems with transparent trees at almost every track. It started several builds before. I tried to disable anti aliasing transparency in the player file and the trees are still transparent (and look worse).
    So is that because of dx11 ?
    I'm using a GTX 680 with stock nvidia settings. In-game AA at level 5.

13. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

Sounds are still wrong in the GT500. Might not be as pronounced as before (not going back DX9 to check) but still sounds odd.

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok, just had another 50+Gb update, maybe more for the AMD guys. Nothing really changed for me, no problems with that. Everything still good here.

15. bwana

bwana Registered

50 gb ??? Mb maybe

FatCity and daguru like this.
  16. FS7

FS7 Registered

Framerate has improved since the first DX11 beta but there's still framerate drops when there's too many cars on screen both while driving in cockpit view and in replays. I've been running with AA = 5 & PP = off, most in-game settings on high, shadows on medium, shadow blur off, shadows look weird both in cockpit view and in replays. Also most of the time I click exit to quit the game I get an error message "rFactor 2 has stopped working".

17. Thrindil

Thrindil Registered

Tried again today - after a week, and still dissapointed.
    Cleared CBash & Shaders folders after downloading the latest Dx11 build, fired it up on absolute LOWEST settings - got 26 fps average and big stutters, pretty much the same as the first time I tried it, I posted on the first page of this thread.
    Specs again: i5 3570k @ stock, rx480 8GB & 12 Gb of ram.

Loading time has been improved though, but that seems to be the only thing for me.

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Are you sure you are using v1.4 of GT500? It has entirely new sounds, which are much better to my ear. Silverstone looks worse because it was made in 2012 or 2013, NOLA is 4 years newer tech.

19. RNelson

RNelson Registered

It would help to know what track(s) you are using. As a personal example I tried the ISI version of Mores that I had installed and it was a slideshow. I subscribed to the S397 version and when that updated it was entirely playable.

This is a result of the first time loading a track rF2 has to build the shaders and takes time. Subsequent track loads are always much quicker. This is the case initially after installing a track or in this case deleting the CBASH and Shaders files.

20. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Yes, 1.4 version. Internal sound is offset to the left - very annoying. External sounds are very low on volume/energy like something is missing (compared to other official cars). I am not talking about quality of the sounds which seems fine.
    I understand that Silverstone is old track, however I expected it to look better/consistent with Nola/Atlanta considering it was mentioned to have been updated for DX11. I would even say Silverstone looks worse for me since DX11 build.

Last edited: May 5, 2017