Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I got it running smoothly
    But must keep low settings

Other sims 1st VR release was not great too, await updates

2. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Yes i Need this Hotkey also, the Room Scale Steam Option is not reliable and the sitting Position ist mostly wrong

3. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

This is so freakin awesome!

Instead of lowering detail I put everything at max settings to see what would happened. I found myself at all settings maxed with the exception of Post processing at medium, AA at level 4, and pixel density at 1.4 in the Vive. 21 AI cars seems to be my sweet spot before things go south. I managed to keep the fps between 45 and 90 in various situations. When I was in pre projection I didn't even notice it. I only ran content that was optimized for DX11. I suspect content not update will drop performance. Indy with the stockcars was awesome, what a rush though.

Tried lowering detail and that got me 90fps but I couldn't notice the difference so I pushed things back up for visuals to keep me between 45 and 90fps. 45 seeems to happen at the back of a grid, once the race got going it bounced between 90 and 60fps.

Very very very please with this beta!!!

I only have one small issue, since I can't use any plugins I notice using the stock HUD the tire temp display is opposite now. Blue is hot, red is cold. What happened there?

4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

i use the Oculus, i have a Geforce GTX 1060 and i set all the Graphic Settings of High, Full or Ultra (Dependent on the Configuration) and everything Runs good, the only Problem i have is that Sometimes the VR view is recalibrated (slightly wiggle and reinitialize) and i Need a Hotkey for Reset the VR Position in the Car!

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Ctrl+space should do the trick

6. LesN

LesN Registered

I've followed the instructions so far, but when I start everything up, I'm getting a sort of theatre view in my oculus dk2... it's not 3D... what am I doing wrong?

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

About centering, something I wasn't aware till rF2 made me to learn:

SteamVR has in VR menu. On CV1 it is accessible with xbox controller guide/select key. In there, there's settings/reset seated position. That's the only way I was able to make SVR straight aligned to my seated pos.

Second, rF2 itself has ctrl+space shortcut to center. You can use your favorite joy to key software to map that to steering wheel button.

8. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

you need to make sure steamVR is off. Then launch rf2 from steam which will bring up it's own game launcher. At this point, start steamVR and then click on single or MP from the RF launcher.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

When I press that I get the standard Oculus Menu with 'Reset View In App', no SteamVR menu

10. LesN

LesN Registered

It works! Thank you! I was starting SteamVR before the launcher...

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

this is strange. Are you pressing that small button on the middle left? With two squares drawn on it? Is SteamVR running? That only works in SVR room or while in game.

I might've had to enable something in SVR, I'll check when I get next time on the wheel

12. mike.m

mike.m Registered

Hey all, is it possible to have the camera not shaking when going over bumps? On some very bumpy tracks it makes me dizzy. In AC I use the option "Lock to horizon", I'm looking to have something similar.

I already disabled head vibrations and physics, that helped a lot.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That button does nothing for me, when I press the middle top (X) button I get the Oculus screen, that's the only button that does anything

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  16. Tom Satherley

Tom Satherley Registered

This is how i do it with vive: steam VR -> settings -> performance -> display frame timing -> tick show in headset. Use a controller and look on the back side of it, the graph will be on there.

i don't know if any of this works for oculus
    steamvr frame timing.PNG

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    The Iron Wolf likes this.
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Are you able to see FPS with CV1? Have you tried to turn off all reprojection options in SVR? From what I read, they are not needed with CV1, but I've no time to test.
    Thanks.

BTW it is understandable you had it turned off, I also do that everywhere, but sometimes that's like shooting yourself in a foot :)

18. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Anyway to get the mirrors to follow your head movement?
    The virtual has some corruption going on, would like to turn them off.

19. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

In order for the mirrors to work that way, that have to be made 3D and I imagine that's way down the list of things to do. AFAIK, LFS and iRacing are the only Sim's to have them currently.

20. Tom Satherley

Tom Satherley Registered

I saw something in the player.plr regarding that