[REL] JT5 by UnitedRacingDesign-Shiro JT5 available

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

big update=DX11 i think?
    news of futur JT5 car model,release?
    :D

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Studio 397, Directx 11 update !
    So we at rF2 can never expect cockpits to ever look like something from AC ? How do they get such nice looking car interiors ?
    Surely it isnt just because rF2 has 24hr and rain as seems to be the standard argument for rF2 having lesser visuals ?

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

AC game rendering is different and we use same textures, i mean from size and quality. We have even adopted our work on cars to the AC cars as we did some cars from them allready and there are some nice ideas around that.
    Yet AC cockpits do look sometimes bit off from real cars actually, especially carbon and other parts of cars wich have far too much reflections.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah , i am tempted to get one of your mods for AC also :) but just looking at the steering wheels going from rF2 to AC , which one looks cleaner / clearer ? Why ?
    It seems the writing on the JT5 is pretty low res?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  5. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I don't own the AC version, but judging by a few Youtube videos (both AC and rF2 versions), it doesn't look like it's a matter of resolution. What seems to happen is that AC provides better illumination for the cockpit view (and probably a better shader for LCD displays) which results in a better brightness/contrast balance, whilst rF2 looks more bland and washed-out. But even so, I can't see any night-and-day differences, just subtle ones.

I don't know the shader options available in AC, but what I always missed in rF2 is the ability to proper set the material's glossiness (how rough or polished a surface is). This alone plays a huge part on the representation of some real life objects.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah , it's not night and day but more all the subtle little differences seem to make for a more convincing visual experience . Of Course visuals are going to get me playing AC ,lol but just wondering if rF2 will ever get closer to it visually .
    If rF2 had to sacrifice anything of what it currently is/has for better visuals then i would rather have what we have now , but if there is possibilities ,well then im happy .
    I guess this talk of upgrades (Directx 11) just gets me over excited .

Any way , i can't get over how good this Mod (JT5) is to drive :) especially when using the default set up . Although it does get pretty hot with the radiator set as is . Well worth the money .
    What cars are a match for them to mix up the grid ? Or are there more cars coming to join these ?

7. Sebastien Sestacq

I have the two versions (rf2 and ac) I prefer the sound of the version ac I love the little whistle of the turbo and of course the best texture on ac normal dx11 :)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This happens with this Mod after DX11 update
    Please update this Paid Mod !

Attached Files:

9. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Yes, same here.

10. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Calm down guys! It's the shaders, that they modified to give us a better experience before, that are breaking with the update. It probably was expected, but had to happen to be fixed. Of course the guys at URD are aware of the DX11 update and will test all their products. I hasn't been 24h since the update was released. Let's be a little patient.

11. Sebastien Sestacq

4 Mod update big work for URD i think :)

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I agree on your call for patience. But if URD knew of the problem before (haven't the modders been given early access to the beta?).

A simple post saying "Our tests with the DX11 beta have made us aware of a problem with our shaders and this car, we are working on solving them and will keep you informed, thanks for you understanding." wouldn't cost much nor hurt at all.

Cheers.

Foresight, Ernie, Ranger099 and 4 others like this.
  13. UnitedRacingDesign

We knew about the issue yes but its not a simple fix just like that. S397 promised us to update this issue but they werent sure if its going to be before or now after DX11 beta release. Rather than just reverte and go back to some basic shaders for some time im for it to rather wait not to be updated.
    So to inform something i wasnt sure will be included or not in public release was like saying what right away? I have sayed before that there will be issues with DX11 until its solved.
    And thats why im holding the T5 update back to now becase we are using the new shaders there.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

Got the shaders updated but will run few more tests tomorow and i guess release should be than after tests right away!

EDIT: new file is in the shop, use the old download link to redownload it.
    V1.02 just has shaders DX11 working now. I will do few more updates on the car to make it more DX11 compatibile.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Foresight, yashiman, senormen and 4 others like this.
  15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

What if you cant find the old download link :oops:

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks .

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Its email is from Sellfy , if that helps anyone .

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

The JT5 rev lights are overly bright and the cockpit seems to be made of reflective glass ?
    When compared to EGT , EGT looks really nice now .
    This is max settings, 5xAA ,PP medium @ 4k. GTX 1070 i5 6600k

Attached Files:

19. Sebastien Sestacq

20. UnitedRacingDesign

For?

You seem to be having a bug as the cockpit on my Shiro looks just right. You can even notice you dont have carbon where it should be. Maybe delete the folder "shaders" in rFactor 2\UserData\Log so they will rebuild.