Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

I need a new computer aswell

2. Matt Beavis

Matt Beavis Registered

Shadows were the cause of my woes. If I have the shadows on Medium - Ultra get huge fps drops, on shadows = low, it works just as it did in DX9. Have played with Post processing up to MEDIUM and this had no significant impact on performance. In Game AA, I have gone up to Level 3 so far. Again only slight decreases in performance as increase each step.

Freesync is working perfectly and there is alot less flickering than before, if any. Great job studio 397, cannot wait to see how this improves over the coming months.

But please look into the Shadows impacting FPS. They add a huge amount of immersion and not having them cast on the track takes a lot of immersion away for me. Saying that, I will live with it if I have too.

Or you will have forced me to get a new GPU. Again, I will live with it, if I have to :D

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Nitrometh and Alex72 like this.
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I couldn't see them in the rf2 launcher either.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

PSVR , great , how is it ?

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

for VR :

Anyway to reduce mirror on monitor so not full screen ??????

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

are you sure it is a real photo and not a photoshop? A McLaren not only running, but even with 269 km/h seems pretty unrealistic to me :p

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Studio 397 , You have made rF2 look as good as it drives !
    AMAZING, My oldest Son came in the room last night and asked "why are you playing pCars" lol
    I haven't played pCars in 8 months (ever since i got my first taste of rF2).
    You are going to be rich . Hopefully You can get the word out and really start to out sell some of the other arcade titles .
    I haven't played rF2 DX11 with my wheel(CSW v2) , just using the DS4 while testing my graphic settings and have managed quite well with the control pad , so for all the players who prefer to use pads,as is rF2 is definitely playable .
    Just fix v-sync and im done .
    Love You .

bravotangosix, Nitrometh and Haro4444 like this.
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah the shadows would be awesome if S397 looked into. Its one of those settings that really eat performance in rF2.

Matt Beavis likes this.
  9. FS7

FS7 Registered

About PPE: is it possible to enable depth of field but disable glare effects? Personally I don't like things like glare, bloom & motion blur in racing games.

F1Aussie and qusimano like this.
  10. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Also reflection please, it's pointless in having the low setting for environment reflection at the moment, as it work in slowmotion, and there is no point to have track side object reflection if they dont match the speed of the car... it's so odd and distracting..high setting display the effect at the right speed but eat too much fps
    I alway use reflection off but its very bad in track like malaysia, on the straight you can see the stand reflected on the car,that is not moving at all..the only solution should be an usable low reflection setting..
    Also i never understand very well all the graphic setting, need a hint for what "special effect" and "particle effects" are exactly.

Wrong vram and windows version it's an old story here, never understand if this can affect the performance
    Asus R9 380 4GB in recognized as 1GB
    Windows 10 X64 creator update blabla bla recognized as 8

11. qusimano

qusimano Registered

not at the moment, this is the post process setting
    • None
    • Low = Glare Effects
    • Medium = Glare Effects and Depth of Field
    • High = All Effects at High Quality
    • Ultra = All Effects at Ultra Quality

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How about making them all individually adjustable, since there as many opinions as options. Same with contrast and tone mapping/lighting. Always have options so people don;t need to argue about which is better or more realistic--pick what you like and be happy.

Matt Beavis, FS7, F1Aussie and 2 others like this.
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

That would be great. Some options over contrast, brightness and tone. The last one is not so normal, but if its not too hard to implement. At least the blue needs to be toned down a bit. And the little i tested during the day it was very bright and sometimes hard to see where the tarmac ended and grass started. In the virtual mirror it looked like DX9 and the tarmac was much darker and easier to see the difference between road and grass/gravel traps. But contrast and brightness would be awesome if possible at least. I used ReShade to fix exactly that as i thought rF2 DX9 standard contrast was a bit washed out (too much brightness).

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Has the mirror resolution been increased? They look really good!

15. Louis

Louis Registered

Anyone knows if the executable is the same of dx9? Im asking because its seems changes i made on nvidia profile didnt affect the fps count

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Tried USF2000 with post effects Ultra on an ISI track and it really looks good.
    So I believe that content adapted to DX11 will be great. A lot of work involved here.
    Congrats S397.

17. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

On Full hd Resolution. But I tested it with isi content. Other content is getting downloaded right now. It takes a while to download about 40gb. Especially when your download speed is about 200-250 kb/s. ;)

18. edwardjamesgrey

edwardjamesgrey Registered

Guys... I've done a short video to show you all the 1st test of the new DX11.. I've included all settings so you can Pause it and all see what i've got it set at. You will notice how I only seem to have the blooming effect when in the pits. It all dissapears after I get on the grid.. Its a simply single lap around Silverstone, with a replay of that very lap showing all the different angles etc.. See what you think, and if anyone has any suggestions as to what's causing it, give us a shout!
    The FPS is shown in the top right hand corner about 1 minute in. And excuse my driving, I was only using a pad for this testing session..

19. Lewbuttoni

Lewbuttoni Registered

From my findings, if its anything like iracing in DX11, overriding the AA/AF setting in nvidia inspector doesn't seem to have any effect, either visually or on frame rates, but the transparency settings do (Super sampling or Sparce grid super sampling). Before all setting did make a difference in DX9 in both.

Louis likes this.
  20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

thos release has changeds rf2 into a new game,it just feels so much better,I know nothing was change in the physics but it just feels different.
    It's like a brand new game for me ,thanks s397