Lost ton of fps with DX 11 with titan x (SOLVED !)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmoog121, May 2, 2017.

1. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

I gave in and adjusted the original rF2 so I could check out this new one. Oh my oh my, the lighting is absolutely wonderful on the remodelled content. The difference isn't just noticeable, it's truly stunning. Great job S397. I haven't done any frame rate checking as there has been no need, the action is buttery smooth. The only problem is I can't quite get the DoF and the monitor dimensions to show the view I've gotten accustomed to with DX9 build. For some reason the screen width had been set at the full width of all 3 monitors, not just one of them. This seemed to cause issues with the side screens and their smoothness. So I copied the old monitor settings from the config file across to the new DX11 config file and that has improved things, but they still are not correct. But I have to say with the content that has been updated, WOW.

my kit: Intel I5 6600 - ASUS Z170M-PLUS M/B - 16GB DDR4/3000 - Win 10 64bit - EVGA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION - Thrusmaster T500RS - ClubSport V3 Pedals - Triple BENQ 29" 144 hertz monitors.

2. muz_j

muz_j Registered

I did notice your custom UI has HDR listed on the video res screen and I'm positive that's not in the default game UI....curious.
    Is that something that can be configured in a configuration file ?

3. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Yeah I noticed a couple of people mentioning that tip too - so I have done it as a precaution. Not sure if it's made a difference, but it's good to know I'm running a reset config file that won't have invalid settings in it.
    Tonight I'm going to do some more detailed testing of anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering options - both within the game and via the Nvidia drivers and seek if I can eek a few more FPS out of the game.
    ...but as I've said I'm happy enough as is - but just trying to optimise it as best I can and see if I can get back to the really good FPS I had under DX9 - and I'm not far off that at the moment, so think it's do-able with a few more tweaks.
    ...anyway - happy racing everybody :)

4. gp20

gp20 Registered

rx480 amd fx 8320 clocked at 3 ghz

5. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

There does seem to be a lot of people with RX480 cards having problems with frame rates, myself included.

6. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Could you guys try and use Afterburner/RivaTuner's OSD for monitoring your GPU usage ?
    I suspect your CPUs might be holding you back, not being able to push your GFX cards to 100% utilization.

7. Ernie

Ernie Registered

It's because this custom UI wasn't updated since long time. So the HDR setting doesn't have a function in this UI.
    It's not possible anymore to switch off HDR. (....which IMHO is a good move, because it was used as an exploit in night races)

muz_j likes this.
  8. edwardjamesgrey

edwardjamesgrey Registered

This is for anyone still having issues.. it may help, it may not...

OK, been up all morning doing endless testing..
    I'm going to show you all what settings I have everything on as well. The only way i can get rid of the blooming from the white's in the game is to restart a weekend once I've been out on track once. Then its gone until I restart the game again.. very odd! See video below!

So, here are my NVidia Control Panel settings..
    Page 1
    [​IMG]

Page 2 (Bottom half of menu)
    [​IMG]

These are the settings I'm using on the Video settings within the RF Launcher..
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, here is a screenshot of what the settings IN GAME that I've used..
    Display settings
    [​IMG]

Video/Res settings
    [​IMG]

I'm managing to hit 200fps @ Silverstone in places when alone on track, and in the 140 - 160's when other cars are around me. Replay is also steady between 80 - 110fps depending on whats on screen.
    I have no glitching or any other kind of rubbish we can think of... Only thing I can see is the inverted colours for tyre wear and temp etc.
    I have every track I had originally, and cars... Steam automatically re-installed ones that had gone missing.

Test video to show you all how its looking.

I'm on a Windows 10 I7 7700k
    32gig of DDR4 Hyper-X RAM
    NVidia GeForce 1070 GTX 8G Graphics..

What do we think? And I hope these settings will help some of you folk in the long run.

9. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

What are the benefits of running dx11 other than graphics? I'm curious to know if I should try the beta or not.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I too am a R480 user, I am reminded of this scene everytime I read another post about poor AMD framerates.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

walshtimothy and LokiD like this.
  11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Ok I thought it only fair to report back after making some tweeks to the DX11 build , I now have the FPS back ! Renaming the PLR and letting the game rebuild a new one did the job , I also cleared the cbash & shader folders now im running NVID 1080 @ 3840X2860 @ 60 Hz on a 50" 4k with nice results! Everything in game on high with PP set to MED getting over 100fps , still down from the DX9 by 30-40 FPS but so what lol its smooth and looks fantastic! This with up dated content only .. she dont fly with the older DX9 stuff !! Lol so will be swaping back & forth for my league stuff ,calendars are set & it might be a while untill stuff gets updated !

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It's a graphics update, so not sure what answer you expect?

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  13. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

The new open beta stable version in steam works a treat. Full settings 20 x usf2000 on nola 89 fps at race start then up to 117 fps.
    That is everything on max ,except post on medium.
    Multiview at start 61 fps to 102fps.
    i5-7600k/ z270 ausu/ddr4 2133hz/msi gtx 1080

Flaux likes this.
  14. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

We must have different concepts of what a treat is. 117 fps with a 1080 is pretty poor, because the graphics are nothing special. If it looked like BF1 then yeah, very good performance, but it's not the case

15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

think there is a lot more being calculated here rather than a on rails shooter with nice gfx? So considering yeah think its good.

bwana and F1Aussie like this.
  16. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

On rails shooter? More like open world, on rails is a completely different thing

Still, it's a bad excuse since there shouldn't be a lot of extra calculations needed while there aren't any cars running, and still I don't see the 500fps I should see based on the graphics

It's beta, hopefully it will improve, but trying to say the performance is good right now... lol no

17. jmoog121

jmoog121 Registered

I whole heartily agree. Look at what they can do with dx11 on pc, ac, forza, etc.
    I would've suspected mod compatibility is the culprit holding back the graphics but then why don't they create a brand new content that is not compatible with dx9 that shows off what the dx11 engine is capable of?
    Because rfactor graphics engine has limitations and this will always be the case.

18. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

20 cars on track on triple moniters and 4 moniter for data. It is a treat for me being a beta version. Each to their own though.

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Every engine has limitations, nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of whortness. Some changes might be that huge or hard to implement and a rewrite might be less work. The existing platform has some old aspects left, true, but it also has a lot of unused potential. Let's see where those guys lead us to. Pretty impressive what a hand full of people did in a couple of month, isn't it? First job: reducing the gap, improving the performance. Let's see :).

bwana likes this.
  20. stonec

stonec Registered

Eventually there will be content with updated shaders I guess, at moment it makes not much sense because I guess a majority, especially league racers, reverted back to DX9 for the time being. So for the time being we can enjoy the updated GT500 with new sounds in both DX9 and DX11, which is great.

bwana likes this.