Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Gave Dx11 version a try and I like the direction S397 is taking, So I downloaded the updated tracks and Cars from the Workshop, eg Silverstone, Indianapolis, Mores etc, and the Dallara and Stockcars mods.
    Howerver upon reverting to the DX9 version I cannot get these DX11 updated tracks and Cars to show in my install, the workshop says i'm subscribed but the tracks and Cars are not there, also not showing in my packages folder. I have rebooted my system, reloaded steam resubcribed and still no go, Also USF2000 custom Skins dont seem to load now. All my DX9 plugins are working ok.
    Any Ideas or help appreciated.

Marc Collins likes this.
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I thought I was missing content now I know why

3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Yep, me too. It does not redownload the content to DX9. So not only does the beta not work with AMD cards it hoses your existing install if you try it. Lose lose.

Marc Collins likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

My troubleshooting efforts:
    1. Deleting cbash and shaders folders had no effect.
    2. Renaming the player.JSON got me back some fps so it's playable in triple screens on most tracks.
    3. Currently fps are about 25% below benchmarks set before trying the beta update.

5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

For Silverstone at least (I don't have Mores/Dallara/Stock cars) I had to subscribe to the S397 version in the Workshop, the ISI one isn't there anymore. Steam didn't need to download the track again but I had to install it again.

bwana likes this.
  6. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

FWIW with my lowly R9 200 with like-for-like settings the fps dropped from comfortably over 100 down to under 60, with low 20s at the start of Spa (as an example). When not racing the monitor screen is a slideshow and bogs down the UI. I have reverted to the DX9 build and will stick with that until the beta is updated.

7. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Hi Mate, yes I'm Subscribed to the S397 version of all the missing Tracks and Cars, Steam Workshop Shows they are subscribed to, these items are not showing in the Content Box of the Launcher, so I cant install them.

8. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Doesn't surprise me, didn't think it seemed a likely explanation. Thanks for checking.

Nibiru likes this.
  9. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Lucky you are ! have you made Something special ?

10. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

My tire temp colours are the wrong way around. Red for cold blue for hot!

Also getting weird shadows at Nola. Performance is ok (minimal testing done) during race but replay is 22fps

11. Zoaal

Zoaal Registered

I get 60% more frames (gtx 1070, 50FPS -> 80FPS +) at Nola in "clear" setting than in "mostly cloudy".

SPASKIS, Flaux and Mauro like this.
  12. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Thanks was at about 50fps ish
    I deleted all cbash files disabled track ir dll as i had not
    with your setting now at 78fps with multiview on 130fps multi view off 5760 x 1080 happy bunny
    On a i5 8GB ram - 1070GTX with latest drivers

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Confirm most bug already reported, showroom view, tire temps wizard. But for performance no problem here in race or replays (Nvidia) (no special effects selected, deleted Cbash and shaders as a precaution) nor in full screen or windowed borderless. Slight improvement in cockpit view lighting, no noticeable FPS variation. At the moment no need to roll back in my case.

Tested at Sebring, Sao Paolo, and Toban (during day, no rain).

Cheers.

14. trindade

trindade Registered

So, a fresh install would be the best move?

15. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Registered

The tracks and cars are still there. It's just the rF2 package files that disappeared. They weren't amazing to begin with, but trying to recreate them will be a giant pain in the butt.

16. Karei

Karei Registered

Here I present the result of my testing. First of all my specs:

Intel i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz, 8 GB RAM
    nVidia GTX970
    According to the video configuration menu, DX11 Memory is 1024 MB, while DX9 4084MB

Settings used (except when noted in the tables):
    [​IMG]
    Multiview: ON
    5760x1080

Track: Indianapolis 2014
    Car: USF2000, cockpit view, low FOV
    Weather set to scripted (light clouds)

Post-Effects are all Off!

Results:
    [​IMG]

*Almost no clouds = while in DX9 and DX11 with shadows, you could see little clouds coming over the track, and light getting darker, with DX11 and no shadows, everything was bright blue, like the most perfect day ever. The car was slidier like this, perhaps because of the way the sun warmp up the track? I don't know, could be me... BUT after I while I decided to run with DAMPlugin on and found out that in those conditions the G Force combined values were at their lowest.

**Min and Max FPS always reached in the out lap.
    ***With DX11, FPS gets worse over time. When noted it was the most evident.
    ****When i switched Road Reflection from OFF to HIGH, I lost calibration of the Throttle and Brake pedals.
    *****I noticed that the first time you boot up rFactor2, stuttering is worse. Gets better the second time around.

The results are not in chronological order, but I hope it's an easy way to spot differencies between DX11 and DX9. I did some back and forth between the two of them. This is what happened:
    -DX11 to DX9, lost Indianapolis and couldn't put it back on the game from Steam Workshop. I had to download the track from the old website and put the file on Packages.
    -DX9 to DX11, as others have said, had to download again 3GB of datas.

One final thing. After coming back to the main menu from the practice session, side monitors still showed my last frame on track. It stayed there even when loading back the session.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Prodigy and Damian Baldi like this.
  17. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Can confirm the same behavior.

F1Aussie likes this.
  18. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

I installed it on my 2nd system (Core i5-3570K@4GHz, GTX 660 Ti, 32GB RAM, 381.89 Nvidia driver, fresh Windows 10 Pro Creators Update) and it performs really well (AA on 2, most settings on High, PP on medium, 1080p) with FPS between 60-70. However, there seems to be some issue with the 'sync' settings. On my other system G-sync was not working and on this system I cannot get V-sync to work. And without V-sync I get a lot of stuttering. I tried enabling V-sync in Nvidia control panel and all the different options in-game.

19. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Nope. I just downloaded the DX11 beta update and started rF2.
    No messing with any settings, nor deleting any cbash/shader caches.

[edit]
    on second thought...
    I set AA to "Level 5" and Post Effects to "Ultra"
    On DX9 AA Level 4 was the max availabe setting and comaparing Post Effects, "Ultra" showed higher framerates than "High"
    [/edit]

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

thanks for such a detailed test. Just wanted to let you know in case you weren't aware, "high loading time" happens only once when you change certain settings that cause shader rebuild :) Second load will be fast.

Ernie and Karei like this.