Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

People seriously need to remember this is a beta and they were not forced to download it, give it time and things will get improved.

Of course the obvious thing to do :D so tired last night didn't think of that, thanks will try later.

WiZPER and Ernie like this.
  2. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

It is all the same it's a pity to crash like that while this update was planned at the beginning of March there is 2 months.....
    If it knew that it was absolutely necessary to transfer(fire) plugins, why not to have said it clearly. This game remains another story of geek which likes opening and modifying well hidden files

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Marc Collins likes this.
  3. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Has anyone else had issues with the USF2000, the front wing end plates seem to be missing??

Also ever car in show room seems over bloomed to the point where its all white. my frame rates have also effectively as much people have reported.

I have deleted all shaders/cache. verified game content. deleted all 3rd party plugins, created a new player profile and folder.

also full screen doesnt work unless its your native resolution i have noticed unless running in windowed mode. video memory is incorrectly detected as 1 gb on my 980ti.

see attached photos.

any suggestions.

Attached Files:

kimikaze and MaD_King like this.
  4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I was asking exactly about this, during pre-release, but never got an answer...

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

You can still use more than one user profile, even if not supported by the current ui. Maybe this helps to have different plugin configurations?

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Turns out that the shudder i am getting is because v-sync isnt working ! I had my fps locked with MSI afterburner . After i unlocked it my fps is around 80-100 . I have tried all v-sync options ingame and in GPU control panel and still getting the same fps .
    Can v-sync be addressed please ?

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

i have to apologise to studio397,my lack of patience and stupidity lead me to be disappointed with this dx11 beta.
    turns out after deleting the shaders and cbash contents,everything is working perfectly,im running more graphics for the same fps than i was with dx9,nearly everything on full or high,havent tried the post effects yet,because i was having so much fun and forgot.
    visually this has been a nice upgrade,no stutters at all,even when leaving the garage and on pit road,no even a dip of 1fps,solid and smooth as butter

so pleased with this,finally rf2 runs without any issues of stutters or freezes,again sorry for my ignorance,and thank you for all your hard work

F1Fan07, jayarrbee36, TJones and 3 others like this.
  8. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Ok,all is ok !
    One plugin was yet on....Sorry
    This beautiful,detailed and no problem with enduracers on Matsusaka.
    Thanks for the update

9. foxtochop

foxtochop Registered

Please help: how do I delete Cbash and shaders? I want to solve fps loss...

nevermind, found it in the OP.

10. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

I think it would have been a better idea to seperate the DX11 open beta from the retail DX9 version, similar to what Automobilista is doing. That way the DX9 and DX11 open beta can be seperate installations that don't impact each other and a clean installation could be used to test the DX11 version. A lot of the issues I read about here seem te be related to installing the DX11 version on top of the DX9 version.

Ho3n3r, F1Fan07, not_him_59 and 2 others like this.
  11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

My Download is still going on. Reading all this comments makes me really nervous. Hopefully the wait of about 15 hours will be worth.

12. daguru

daguru Registered

All good for me thank you Studio 397 ;)

13. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Hi guys,
    For all those who have performance issues, I have removed player.json file and allowed rfactor2 to generate a new one. After that configure propper settings and remove CBASH and SHADERS.

I obtained a 50% FPS performance boost with the same settings. From 30-40 FPS to mid 80s

My settings are as follows:
    upload_2017-5-2_10-20-8.png

I noticed that environment reflection causes lots of performance issues while not a big visual difference is appreciable.

I have set special effects to medium.

Mauro, The Iron Wolf, TJones and 5 others like this.
  14. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes seems the Environment reflection has a huge impact on FPS on this version.

15. bwana

bwana Registered

Small issue noticed , get 2 drive through icons for a single penalty ?

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Holy shit, with those settings? What kind of magic is this :D

For the people generating a new player file, I would just rename the excisting one. After a new one is generated, use a merge tool such as WinMerge or AraxisMerge in order to merge your previous precious settings/preferences over to the new file so you don't loose any specific things you would normally adjust in there.

The Iron Wolf and Ernie like this.
  17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Glad it works for you. Hopefully it will work for me later as well. Btw: Could you add your system information to your profilepage? https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?members/patchedupdemon.46429/

patchedupdemon likes this.
  18. Mulero

Mulero Registered

After a few hours of sleep, a new installation and lots of tests, I can only say that the problem is not on my side.

Tested everything that has occurred to me and the result is always the same, in Nola with the USF2000, 22FPS with the car in the pits, 15/25 FPS during the lap. Lowering the graphics quality will improve the FPS a bit, but that is not the solution.

Problem seems to be related to video memory. Previously with a 1GB 5850 this was a recurring problem. When entering rFactor2 everything works correctly but when entering race, everything works with LAG, just as with the 5850 when it exceeds 1GB of VRAM.

Tried to see the CPU monitor on track but it does not work. Control + C does nothing, tried with another shortcut but it does not work either. Checking the consumption of VRAM with MSI Afterburner is normal.

Problems to date:

- Very bad FPS (VRAM related?)
    - Full Screen only works with the same desktop resolution
    - Control + C does not work
    - Control + F only shows FPS, does not show the green bar.

More tests will be done when rFactor2 is again usable, in DX11, which I hope will happen very soon... ;)

19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Oh btw, the new option "stretched UI" worked okay on my 21:9 monitor.

TJones and FatCity like this.
  20. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Very disappointed. I know this is beta but come on! Most of the cams don't even work anymore. My fps has dropped below 20!! Even though I've set almost everything to LOW. Used to have 50 and above constantly on max settings. Unplayable now. Depth of field doesn't work at all.

To make it short, it sucks donkey balls. No way I'm making any more videos like this. I'm fucking pissed off right now.
    Can I have my DX9 back? As a matter of fact, you should roll back right the fuck now!!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2017