Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Did anyone so far report better FPS than in DX9? Since i dont have good FPS in DX9 and DX11 seem to be down for most people im not sure if i even need to test it yet.

2. Kyle House

Kyle House Registered

On a 1080p monitor it runs between 50-60 fps on full AA, medium post effects, and everything in game maxed on a 1070 paired with a 1500X with 16GB of RAM.

Rift on the other hand is a disaster. It will not display the fps counter in game so I cannot give you a frame rate but there is stuttering and tearing even with AA turned way down, low post effects, and everything turned down to at least medium (or their equivalence) in game.

I am also getting the bug where only one GB of VRAM is being found on an eight GB card. Not sure if it is anything. The other thing I noticed is it seems to be spitting out random numbers for the video driver version in the video setup tool. As well as telling me I'm running windows 8 in a Win 10 system.

Attached Files:

3. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I'd like to know what hardware is used to record this video.

My hardware is not bad but I can't run not even close smooth as that.

melanie likes this.
  4. HammerX

HammerX Registered

I did an uninstall and reinstall due to runtime error and still have the same issue. Tried to go back to the DX9 version and now I get runtime error on it too. Smh. I'm fed up, wasted my day. Can anyone help? :-(

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Did a quick test. Good thing was loading a fresh track was about 5 times faster. However performance was not better. Or, its hard to judge, but my hopes was that DX11 would allow me to put on shadows to maybe medium and use a little post processing, but in the end i had to turn everything down to where it was before DX11 and turn off post processing to get closer to what i had in DX9. Even with the same settings as pre DX11 patch and post processing turned off i had worse performance than DX9. Tested Nola and USF2000.

Multiview triple screen window is really small and hard to read. Im sure its beta and will be fixed. But for now DX11 in its current state is not playable for me. Assetto Corsa DX11 i run maxed on triples with GTX980 and have high FPS so hopes are it will at least get a little better than now.

EDIT: And yes i also have wrong info displayed in video settings regarding VRAM and RAM, but i guess that isnt a problem? Its just displaying it wrong? wouldnt it be great if that was the issue for low performance and it could be fixed quickly. :)

EDIT2: Oh and the menus are indeed slow and laggy for me too. But the sim worked good except 1 crash when i pressed ALT+A for the second time to bring up triple screen setup screen.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  6. killerhair8998

killerhair8998 Registered

I am up! Running rf2 and the Rift! Haven't checked fps yet but looking pretty smooth minus a little chop here and there.
    For you VR guys and gals this is what I had to do to get it to work.
    1) I had to disable the only plugin I had enabled which was TrackIR.
    2) Turned of Game Theater in Steam : View | Settings | In-Game | uncheck "Use Desktop Game Theater.."
    3) In RF2 | Settings (GEAR/COG) | Video Settings | Game uses VR checked

I have been waiting a long time for this. Thank you very much RF2 Team! Looking forward to the future with RF2.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. Louis

Louis Registered

8. panda aviation

panda aviation Registered

I have an i7 7700k 16gb and gtx1080 2way SLI I turn around 45fps at Nola and FormulaRenault35 none a.i cars.
    Some shadows is corrupted.
    iRacing got twice the performance with dx 11.
    When can I get over 60fps any truck and more cars?

Attached Files:

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

With further testing :
    Now with only ingame AA settings at 5 the aliasing is as good as i had previously with nVidia inspector settings forcing AA to extreme high settings. Thats a big YAY .
    I am having to turn PP settings to medium with the rest at full / max to maintain a solid v-sync 60fps @ 4k but there is some shudder or stutter (not sure what to call it) but the frame time is solid at 16.6 in MSI afterburner . Not sure why it is shuddering but only on some parts of tracks , official content and mods are both doing this .
    My pet hate is aliasing and what Studio 397 have done here is perfect for that . Thank You .
    If you can figure out the shudder i will be extremely happy . Great work .

Edit: i did remove all external plugins and clear bash and shader files like recommended .
    1070/i5 6600k

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Maybe try only one 1080 and turn pp off .

11. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Noticed the tire/car HUD is mixed up color wise. Cold tires are red and being hit showed a blue color instead of the yellow/red.

12. Tomasz Luyu

Tomasz Luyu Registered

So on mine the situation is this
    hardware:
    cpu: phenom II 945 oc'ed 3.5
    graphics: gtx 970 sc
    ram: 8gb ddr3 1667 mhz

40 fps on max settings, but shadows flicker
    surprisingly the fps drops to 21 when the rain drops.
    Weird....

13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Shadow problem you might have to delete CBASH and SHADERS first if you didnt. I saw others with shadow problems and they forgot to do that. But yeah i also have bad performance but not weird shadows from my test. But i also tested what was updated: NOLA, USF2000, Nissan GT500.

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Some screens
    Although im running win10 rF2 still shows win 8.

Attached Files:

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Wow i would like to be you so much right now (plus having triples though cause i cant live without that). :D Those settings would give me 1FPS.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Triples in 4k would be great.

17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I wonder if there is something wrong perhaps... Maybe i need a full reinstall or something. DX11 was supposed to give better performance after all not worse. So im thinking maybe it has to be reinstalled and redone completely to bring that out.

18. Emery

Emery Registered

The visuals are stunning!

However, after spending time benchmarking the 6 AA levels that now exist (5 + off) and then all the post processing settings in 1920x1080 windowed, there was only about 5% fps difference between those settings. Overall performance is only 42% of what I saw before the beta update. Only getting 95-98 fps average at that resolution with a GTX 1080, so something is wrong... 5760x1080 triples in multiview is down to 57 fps average where previously I had 116 fps average.

8 GB VRAM is incorrectly identified as only 1 GB. System RAM is correctly identified as 32 GB.

So... I'll tinker for another day before backing out of the update, trying the troubleshooting steps. I suspect the incorrect VRAM reporting may have something to do with the poor performance.

Rony1984, guga_cyr and Alex72 like this.
  19. panda aviation

panda aviation Registered

Now I can get about 60fps with all max setting
    I turn off the V-sync. good performance:D

Attached Files:

20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks Emery for those stats. Good to know about the AA/PP settings and its effect on FPS.