What about the rain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kosmo1982, Apr 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

I never heard Studio397 mentioning rain effect improvement. Rain graphics are really horrible and killing immersion from dynamic weather

ECAR_Tracks, RoboCAT10 and F1Aussie like this.
  2. Domino Duhan

Domino Duhan Member

Yeah we hear you, rain is something we are working on, it won't be in tomorrows update but we are improving it:)

3. stonec

stonec Registered

What part of it is so horrible? Some rF2 leagues have been using rain for a few seasons now and it works ok. The spray is about right, wet reflections are also nice if the track has implemented them correctly. The road drying too slow off racing line is my main problem with it at moment, the rate at which the racing line clears compared to off-line is simply wrong.

In any case, doing league races with the dynamic weather (and real weather plugin) is a great experience.

kimbo and The Iron Wolf like this.
  4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

It's an area which does need a dedicated developing/improvement and shader work, and that it's planned, but at this stage we already have too many changes ongoing and adding more code would have been just a bad move.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Agree, the spray is ugly and is the "same intensity" if you are at 80 or 800kph, and need it to stop getting inside the car/helmet :D
    Good thing Dom and Tuttle said they are looking into it, can't wait :) :)

TJones and peterchen like this.
  6. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Great.Thank youfor an answer. To other posting in this thread i meant it looked ugly and was getting in the cockpit. Spray, drying line, wet road looks ok, but im pretty sure will be improved too☺️

7. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

If all people would be thinking like you we wouldnt be seing any progress in rfactor2 including tommorows update. Rfactor 2 die hard deffenders denying there is something not right or unfinished in some aspects of this sim

RoboCAT10 and Will Mazeo like this.
  8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Shhhhhh its bank holiday
    Please don't mention R**N

WiZPER likes this.
  9. kimbo

kimbo Registered

i love the rain in rf2

10. stonec

stonec Registered

I didn't deny progress, I pointed the obvious flaw that the driving line dries way to quickly compared to off-line. Those are basic mechanics that need to be corrected, there is no point in having fancy rain drop/windshield effects which you forget or turn off after one lap, unless the fundamentals work. Also about half of the stock content don't have an up-to-date rain tire, they are basically undrivable in rain, but nobody here seems bothered about that.

11. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I would just like the AI to finally work correctly in the rain. They're either spinning all over the place or pitting every lap, or changing to dry tyres while it's still pouring with rain. - and yes this is with ISI made mods.

stonec and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  12. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Hi,
    Just curious which real weather plugin you are referring to?
    Is that the one aimed at online play on servers - or is it an offline plugin too?

Cheers...

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yes, DX11 can bring rain to another level, right now is just like the DX9 version. Can't wait to see that "mirror" reflection of track full of water, aswell as spray and rain drops (eventually on windshield?). I would like to ask if you can review wet grip again as i allways had the feeling it was too "ici". Not sure if it's something with tires or some mods. Grip is ok for first lap, then it suddently becomes "ice" fest with car going all around even at 20 km/h. I have drivers licence for 20 years and i know car doesn't slip like that with rain, otherwise there will be lots of dead people on roads around the world :p