SOLVED Wheel rotation lock not set

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by zaphman, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Uninstalled all t300 drivers and firmware,what ever the difference is,and still nothing changes,I have to change it in game and in the driver.

2. patchedupdemon

Just giving you a heads up to something that happened on the iracing forum.
    A guy bought the v2 wheel,f1 style wheel,v3 pedals and gear shifter from fanatec,the wheel never worked properly from day one,3 months of talking to support and getting no where he decided to go public about his nightmare on the iracing forum.
    The CEO came on and acted like a complete ass hole to him,calling him all sorts of names from saying his was making everything up to a lot harsher.
    The guy posted emails to prove he was in contact for over three months and yet fanatec wouldn't do anything to rectify the problems,after 3more weeks of the CEO calling him names,a few of us called the CEO out for his conduct,finally they decided to take the wheel back for repairs,they found it had 3 faults,they said they had fixed it and sent it back.
    He received the wheel and the poor guy posted pics of it,it looked like it had been beaten up hard,screw threads were stripped,the wheel was worn bad,the case was scratched all over,the CEO came back another week later stating that is how they received it,saying it was the guy poor packaging that caused the damage in transport.
    The wasn't having it,after more name calling by the CEO the guy posted photos of his wheel and the packaging he sent in.
    Funny enough the CEO came on and then admitted they sent him a different used wheel.
    After another week of the community calling out the terrible conduct of the CEO,they finally decided to send him a brand new wheel.
    It all ended well but what lead upto that should be enough to scare anyone off wanting to spend any money with fanatec.that guy spent nearly 2k and got treated like that.
    I've had a nightmare with my v3s,I won't get into it,but in my case they wouldn't even honour their refund policy,I had to go public to get them to send out a part.
    Go thrustmaster is my advice

Now we all now iracing has the worst fanboys on the globe,the fanatec fanboys were all on the side of the CEO to start with,by the end of it,they were actually so shocked by the ceos behaviour they couldn't defend him anymore and too were calling him out for it.
    Now just that last bit should tell you how bad it it was,because the fanboys on iracing,will die for there masters

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I ended up getting the CSW v2 .
    From all reports , i expected it to be smoooth as silk , but around centre it has a bit of a rattle (for loss of a better word) and the FFB feels harsh (again , loss of better word) and i'm a bit worried to send it back , even my Wife said "who knows what you will end up with" .
    I'm not sure if it is normal , if i get just past centre it becomes smooth but as i pass centre i get a notch and rattle feel .
    When comparing to my old Fanatec GT2 this definitely has more power but is not as smooth as it .
    I really wish i could feel someone elses wheel to compare or even watch a Youtube vid of the sound of the wheel alone . All Youtube vids i've found all have the game sounds over the wheel sounds .
    If someone could just put the mic next to the wheel and drive a Formula car or even the Cobra in rF2 hitting curbs and going offroad and then i could get a idea of noise level of the wheel . That Cobra can really make my wheel noisy .

4. patchedupdemon

Try setting smoothing in game to 4,see if that helps,I'd contact fanatec support asap because there's only a small refund window

5. zaphman

zaphman Registered

I've got a feeling that the problem is when the "ID" of the steering wheel is not the first position in game controllers (joy.cpl) I removed my ordinary pedals for repair, and attached my spare pedals. Now my steering wheel got assigned/located as the first device in the game controller list, and rotaion is now set as supposed.

6. gorzasty

gorzasty Registered

Hello
    I have same problem here... t500rs and wheel steering lock in RF2 doesn't correspond with my drivers. Have to manually set it up same in the drivers and in the game which is pain in the ass ;/

Should I open a new thread, because this one has prefix "solved". I can see more players have same problem guys, so I think You should remove this prefix sadly.