Disconnections

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by sman, Apr 17, 2017.

1. sman

sman Registered

why does rf2 get disconnected so many times in game
    its not my internet have 150 down and 20 MB up and not using wifi

2. muz_j

muz_j Registered

...that doesn't confirm it's not a problem with either your computer, your internet connection, both, or a congestion or connectivity issue between your PC and the servers you are connecting to.
    The fact that I have never once been disconnected during an online session confirms it is not a problem with the game software.
    ...logic therefore suggests the problem lies with you, your ISP, an environmental factor, or the server(s) you are connecting to.
    You're going to need to work through a process of elimination to resolve your fault.
    An easy place to start would be what other online games do you play for a decent period of time - say an hour long session, and do you have disconnection problems with those?
    ...another simple question is which server(s) do you have issues with...?
    Think it through and consider your options.

3. sman

sman Registered

only with rf1 and rf2 iracing ac lfs can play for hours and hours never ever had a disconnection

as example my ping is around 30 mosttly (dont know if this is related)

mostly when it happens its max 3x after each other in relative short time within 1 hour after that its ok for hours long

4. muz_j

muz_j Registered

...so to be clear you said you only have problems with rf1 & rf2 ?
    You seemed to miss out some punctuation, so that sentence isn't really clear to me.

If you can't think of any obvious problems I would suggest 2 things to help you narrow down any potential problems:
    1) check your internet router's statistics for error information - disconnections, transmission errors, retries etc
    2) setup performance monitor on your computer - logging to a CSV file with say 5 second intervals. don't leave it turned on all the time, as 5 second intervals are quite short - so the file size is going to get big, quite quickly, but then run rf2 for a period of time and hopefully you get the same behavior. when you do exit the game, stop the performance monitor, then examine the CSV file. there's lots of ways you could do that, but simplest to begin with is to use Microsoft Excel, then focus on the error counters.

In terms of what to put into the performance monitor - I would suggest you ignore everything other than the network counters for the relevant network adapter.

>>> What version of Windows are you running?

I can give you a break down of which error counters to check, but that will probably need to wait until this evening, as I'm at work at the moment.

So the basic idea is you setup performance monitor running in the background, logging all the network counters and objects that are relevant for your network adapter. You play the game. It errors and disconnects. You stop the performance monitor, then use the logged data to try and isolate the nature of the problem.

Is that clear ?
    I can give you technical MS articles on how to use performance monitor if that's useful - but you'll need to do some work on this yourself to solve the fault.
    If performance monitor does NOT help to isolate the nature of the fault, but I strongly suspect it will, then you could move on to network traffic capture, using something like wireshark. but that's going to be more complex and time consuming.

5. sman

sman Registered

@muz_j
    Hi i appriciate your help but i dont understand how to do what you are suggesting thats not to blame your explanation but ists all on me :D
    yes iam only having the Issue with rF1 and 2
    iam running windows 10.

Anyway thx for your effort.