Best "F1 2017" mod at present?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by BobDobbs, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

I'm sorry, Navigator
    I never wanted to hurt You
    I apologize for my sentences
    There is the maximun respect for You, for people from this Forum, and overall for the Spanish guys that are the Authors of the Fanatic Formula mod. A good mod also for me.
    Thank You

Louis likes this.
  2. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

I kindly disagree. You can absolutely see turbo lag in a video, most especially when there is telemetry provided. At 1:52, he enters the last corner in 4th gear at about 10000rpm, and is Wide Open Throttle(WOT) even before the apex.

2014, '15, and '16, in 3rd gear or higher they could exit a slow corner with a ton of throttle. This year, the lower 4 gears are closer and the upper 4 longer, so 4th gear and up they can exit at WOT. Usually you can see this in the onboard screens during FP1 and FP3, as the commentators do not comment during these sessions and there is a lot of onboard footage. Also, the drivers are trying to preserve their engines during these sessions, yet still trying to remain quick, so they regularly shift up early and leave the throttle wide open.
    Its not much, especially considering the size of the turbo; but one simply cannot deny that a single turbo that spins up to ~50000rpm to produce ~3.5bar(50psi) of boost is going to take some time to get up to speed. The technology has definitely reduced the lag immensely - a normal engine with a turbo that size would have HUGE lag - but you simply cant entirely eliminate lag from a turbocharged system. That is the nature of a turbo, it takes power to make power.

Not trying to start a fire, here, just hoping to provoke informational conversation. ;)

Just curious, do you know for a fact that current F1 engines use an electric motor to keep the turbo spooled? Or just an educated guess? Dont get me wrong, with the turbo directly a part of the MGU-H, it seems perfectly reasonable. Ive read the majority of the FiA Technical Regulations from the .pdf on their website, about the ICE and Powertrain specifically, and I havent come across anything that seems to point in that direction.
    Regards, rocket

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I don't know mate, your writing seems patronising to me. (Explaining things that are common knowledge)
    You also seem to question everything I write.
    Should I defend/prove what is common knowledge?
    I want to tell you how I get my "knowledge" of the Formula 1 (engines) and other cars, but it will sound like bragging and you won't believe me as you seem to question me anyway. It is pretty hard to believe I have to admit, so I won't.

I tell you why: (pretty black and white)
    Technical regulations are rules that say what is allowed. They are NOT telling you what you should do or COULD do. Every team makes their cars as fast as they can be, just within the regulations.
    In those regulations, there is room for a "spooling up of the turbo" but rules do not say: "well, try that, it makes you faster". No, the constructor says: "if we keep the turbo spooled up, we can be faster; is that allowed in the rulebook?"

As I said; I will not say how I get my info. If you are open to it and are willing to believe me for once, send me a pm.
    For now, I can only point you to a link, just found on the internet, that supports my story.
    https://www.formula1.com/en/champio...anding-f1-racing/Energy_Recovery_Systems.html

About lag; there are more things that reduce it. How about the split turbo originally from Mercedes?
    Plus, compared to a stock road car; pipes from metal......no plastic that expands when the pressure gets on.

BTW, the turbo's on a modern day F1 car, rotate at about (some over) 100.000 rpm (150.000 also mentioned), not 50.000

I'm open to a discussion, but its getting the same as with the guy you love so much; bound to be a far pissing contest.
    I dont question myself or my knowledge and I have no reason to feel insecure.
    I don't know everything, far from that, but what I state here, I DO know (or I wouldn't be writing it).

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I have read in numerous f1 sites over the last couple if years that there is no turbo lag in the current f1 and I think it was mainly to do with the electrical side of things.

Navigator likes this.
  5. rocketjockeyr6

I didnt come here to start a pissing match, nor did I intend to be patronizing in any way. I honestly wish to have an educational conversation, there is no need for any defense. But why a pm? People are going to develop an opinion of you regardless, who cares if someone you dont even know thinks you are bragging? I believe in the open sharing of information, I am not a fan of secrets.
    A lot of things in life are hard to believe, and I admit, I am usually not one to give another the benefit of the doubt. However, when I asked Nico the very same question, and he replied that he personally knows an F1 engineer, I accepted it. If you were to give a similar account, I would more than likely believe you.

If you can trust and believe that I sincerely wish no ill will, and that I truly desire friendly conversation about how these cars work(and how to implement that into the mod), then I can trust and believe whatever you have to tell us. There is no doubt in my mind that you have extensive knowledge of F1 and its engines, more-so than me, so of course I am curious of how one might attain such information. But just that, curious.

I am hungry for knowledge, and I believe you can truly never have enough of it, and the best way to gain knowledge is to question and observe. I question everything, including myself and my knowledge, so dont take it personally. I only ever want to learn more.

That said, I appreciate the link. I knew that they use the MGU-H to spool up the turbo, it just seemed unlikely to me that it would be capable of rotating that size of a turbo at such speeds with that much boost pressure. I see now that I was wrong, and I accept that.
    I do hope to continue our chat, but with a cooler temperature in the pool. Things have heated up unnecessarily.

Regards,
    rocket

Nicola59 likes this.
  6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I wanted to explain something and I have my reasons for not wanting this "out in the open". Not just the bragging part, but maybe my wife doesn't know and she reads this (its not that ;) ) There are enough reasons to think of.

He didn't write that out in the open?

So; double standards here. More and more I get the feeling that you and your friend are trying to screw me over somehow.
    For sure, its not just the knowledge you are after, no real interest.
    You are after some kind of: "HA, SEE?! You........."

I tried to contribute but I'm not that insecure that I'm going to tell my "life story" out here.
    Stick with Nicola; he is doing a great job!

7. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Thank You very much, Navigator, for your suggestions and explanations about RF2 secrets.
    I'm still sorry for our previous misunderstanding
    I'm always ready to get suggestions for improving my engine model. It should be great if You could take my file and You can change what is wrong.....if this is possible.
    Thanks a lot also to other guys, like Rocket, who always supported me

8. ceecee

ceecee Registered

maybe my wife doesn't know and she reads this (its not that ;) )
    Hahaha ! Reminds me of my GF eyes misting over with a "not in the slightest bit interested" face the moment I start talking about last nights league race :)
    Navigator, if I may give my two bits.
    Nicola turned a good mod (HJK 2016) around into a great mod, interacting immediately to any comments made and changing the mod for the better over quite some period of time. This done with no malice and in an incredibly interactive manner, something I have not seen before on forums.
    Rocket brought forward very good track setups in very much the same quick interactive manner and we started to look forward to every setup prior the the next GP.
    Following these two for some time now, I have never seen any oneupmanship, sarcasm or suchlike from either, even when given illogical requests (which obviously happens).
    I feel that a lot of this misunderstanding has been somewhat lost in translation somehow.
    Reading your input, I for one am quite impressed with your knowledge on this subject and as an avid simmer would love to see you helping along.
    We can never have enough in depth information and help in this very complex game (at least for me !)
    Thank you for reading :)

rocketjockeyr6 likes this.
  9. rocketjockeyr6

Thank you ceecee, I appreciate the support. And yes, certainly no oneupmanship, Im not trying to screw you or expose you. I can understand not wanting to post a personal story on the open web. And also, yes, it was posted on the open forum thread for the modified HJK 2016 mod.

I do appreciate your input, whether it agrees with my beliefs or not. And I sincerely look forward to more conversation that leads to a greater understanding of these crazy advanced cars, and how we can properly enjoy them with the sim.

10. br444m

br444m Registered

Nicola, I just want to let you know that the changes you did made the car come to life for me. As you mentioned, the f1fanatic mod was nice, but way too grippy (like traction control was on). Now the car breaks out when overdriving it. And the force feedback is giving the right cues. Awesome job!

To all creators in this thread: I can't thank you enough for putting in so much effort and pushing development for formula cars forward in rFactor 2!

rubennaatje likes this.
  11. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Thank You, br444m
    Thanks to all people from this forum for its effort.
    Here my last version of OW formula 2017, whit some improvements on engine and physics files.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/cfc23zouj7xzcvc/OW_Formula_2017_v.0.97.rfcmp
    I'm sorry I can not even share for the moment the mod of which You can see below a screen.....a new f1 2017 mod with all realistic car models

Attached Files:

choo, br444m, JaviTG and 4 others like this.
  12. ceecee

ceecee Registered

NIcola, you have my attention ! :)

13. Oumdaz Melo

Oumdaz Melo Registered

For me the best F1 mod is the F1CL mod with the new 3D and the physics also the new tires. you can try it here: http://forum-ligue-f1cl.forumperso.com/

We are a league with places available and you are all welcome, you have also a hotlap to check the différences on timing
    Oumdaz

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  14. bears

bears Registered

Do you need to register ? I had a quick look and could not see a download ?

rubennaatje likes this.
  15. whip

whip Registered

looks like the acfl french site 2017 mod in that pic, i know they are making an rf2 version

16. ricardoferreira

ricardoferreira Registered

our mod www.xtremerpm.org is one of the best.
    Keep in mind that rF2 doesnot support hybrid systems so :)

17. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

Apex modding is :p Paid but quality probably.

18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

don't want to say something but, elements of that fanatic cockpit an half look like reizas recent f1 car?!:(

19. whip

whip Registered

I'm hoping the 2013 mod gets updated too

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  20. F1Fanatic.es

F1Fanatic.es Registered

Hello guys

We have made a new update of the mod available already in Steam for all the subscribers.

We have tried to make the improvements requested by the subscribers and by all of you. Your ideas have been very useful to us.

We continue to think that the mod can be improved even more in many aspects, so we encourage you to continue giving your opinions.

We have improved the suspensions and implemented the flexchassis in addition to some small changes in tire physics. In addition several sizes of fuel tank have been included, to be able to make races to 100%. Also some graphic improvement has been incorporated.

Enjoy the mod !

Coyote
    F1Fanatic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.