deleting track objects issue

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by HarryD, Apr 22, 2017.

1. HarryD

HarryD Registered

hello, i am trying to delete some track objects from a circuit due to the fps being impacted quite a lot. I am using the MAS2.exe from Rfactor2/support/tools folder. What i have been doing is simply deleting the files i dont want, such as grandstand files, and then resaving it as the mas file it was. But when i go into game the track itself isnt even there to be selected anymore. Theres obviously something I'm missing but i cant work out what it is.
    any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You'll need to edit those files (instances) out of the .SCN aswell.

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

You should:
    1. Edit the scn file (you need to extract it first) removing the instances to be deleted. Save the file.
    2. Edit the MAS file containing the scn file with the new one.
    3. Use mas2.exe to create a new version of the track. Include all the MAS files. Try using the same component name as appeared in mod manager. Use a different version tag than the original. Pack the component. Install it

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Deleting files from the MAS archives is totally useless for your purpose. All you have to do is to use lower settings for Circuit Details, other than scaling down other graphic settings, so the track will be loaded with a minimum amount of assets. If the track its not optimized to be scalable, then you could edit the .SCN for the given layout, and deprecate instances you dont want to be loaded. Be aware that this is a not supported operation and that you wont be able to play multiplayer with that content, unless you dont share the new package with other people, but then you will need a proper authorization from the track author to avoid confusion and mismatches with the original content.

5. HarryD

HarryD Registered

I have figured it all out, thanks guys!