Latest Roadmap Update - March 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Accelerates2Talent

Accelerates2Talent Registered

Huumm, hoping that does not mean Bad news...

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I not holding my breath. BUT no news can be good news:eek:

3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Well, we had the Easter-weekend. I'm sure there will be an update in the next couple of days...

Ernie and Guimengo like this.
  4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@Marcel Offermans said over on the discord channel that they had a lot of meetings scheduled for this week and that he couldn't pin down a precise date/time other than they were hoping for this week.

Ernie, kimikaze and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  5. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

It's sad that that type of news is not on the official forum we have to go to another chat place to get that info :mad:

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I dunno Nib, sign of the times I reckon. I find it good on the rF2 discord channel, Marcel, Christopher and Tim all join in and answer questions on the spot, where they can. They probably pick up some ideas/thoughts of the community as well. I reckon there is probably some stuff that got a mention on the book of faces too and didn't rate a mention here until someone spoke of it...all about getting the word out.

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Also it's not that type of info you HAVE TO get here or anywhere else. Nothing is stopping you from installing discord to get these type of infos yourself. It just happens that Marcel is present on discord way more often and when asked a question that can be answered, he answers.

Jego likes this.
  8. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Why cant that be just part of the forum. My forum has a live chat box?

Maybe I need to keep up with new things more.:rolleyes:

Ronnie likes this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

#Facepalm Seriously? it's news of a RoadMap not some exclusive license or anything!

WiZPER likes this.
  10. stonec

stonec Registered

Soon we will demand news about news about a rodmap update about a forthcoming build update. Makes me a bit long for ISI times when they just released a monthy/bi-monthly build and there was no speculation, it was announced when it was done and ready.

MarcG and Lgel like this.
  11. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

"We can’t wait to announce some very, very cool content news soon, for both cars and tracks" 03/17 ;)

Guimengo likes this.
  12. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Track"S". That means we aren't getting Zandvoort only (Still waiting for tracks from North America that are beyond cool like Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Road America, VIR, Laguna Seca, COTA is ok, Willow Springs, Mosport. I know that some of them we have in rF2 but by having them from Studio 397 we would have certainty that it reaches more people [bigger exposure due to being official content] and in some cases even better quality). As for cars? I have my suspicions but I need to wait to prove me right or wrong. ;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

charge more and laser scan,that would bring the people who won't touch rf2 because they think that driving a fake car on a fake track is even more fake if not laser scanned.
    Fakeing hell the stupidity

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Unfortunately you are correct. People nowadays say many kinds of BS to justify not trying sth out. Laser scanning is expensive and is not a guarantee of having top of the line product. It is just a shortcut for making an accurate track not THE way to make one. People seem to not understand it and repeat: "Oh shall the laserscan cometh and deliver us from the filthy fake tracks!" More than anything else laserscanning is a promotional tool rather than the only right way of making a track. It helps a track maker a lot though.

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Laserscanning is not necessary to create correct curve radii and gradients but is inalienable to create an accurate surface with all its bumps of the real track. So yeah it could be a big benefit

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

One big winter and then one hot summer and already the track that you invested so much money laserscanning it, becomes obsolete if your definition of real track is: "as accurate as possible to what it is right now". Bumps, cracks are sometimes created on weekly basis if it's heavily used place. There could be even a situation in which you go there, laser scan it for a few days (depends how big the tracks and surroundings are) and you go back to HQ, start working on your precious track, you are so happy that you have all the cracks nailed to the nearest milimeter... And you get the news that they are resurfacing the track next week. ;) Sure you still can say that you've got the most accurate representation of the track... that isn't there anymore. ^^ Laser scanning is a cool thing but sometimes thinking about bigger picture is more responsible. For example AMP that we have is VERY accurate, yet not laserscanned. Silverstone wasn't laserscanned and still I think/believe it is more acccurate than AC's Silver which I think was said to be made using that tech. Like I said: Laserscanning is a marketing tool most of all and then a shortcut for an artist working on it, making his life easier. If we end up getting one I'm not condemning it or anything. It will be cool but looking at it like the second coming is not correct. :)

Lgel, WiZPER, jayarrbee36 and 2 others like this.
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Today "laserscanning" is much more of a marketing thing than anything else and people are made to believe that they are driving on a mm accurate point cloud. Same with Project Cars 2, where they talked about their new technique of drone laser scanning wich is pretty much in it's initial phase and not really that accurate compared to terestrial laserscanning. Next to the fact that the term "drone laser scanning" doesn't say anything at all. For the general layout it is good, but considering that the height accuracy is a big problem for areal scans - dependend on wich technique they use - you can be happy when you get 5 -15 cm height accuracy with highend tech. If they simply use aero triangulation wich is GPS based, you get away with 1m accuracy at best. It's all really vague and not really detailed explained with most products, despite iRacing wich give pretty informative outlets.

18. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I miss the times we were happy for each new track no matter how it was done...just racing...

19. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

septembre release Le Mans in Iracing, October irl resurfacing with black tarmac Le mans Bugatti :p
    matsusaka, bathurst, Sebring etc.. not laser but perfect for me

jayarrbee36 and Ronnie like this.
  20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Suzuka is superb! If I didn't know any better I would have said it is laserscanned. Our Bathurst differs only A LITTLE bit to the real thing. It's still very well done circuit that could join Matsusaka league if it ends up getting an update with few fixes to few places. :) Both are perfect example that you still can create very good tracks that are race ready and very believable without expensive tech involved. That's what matters since we are here for fun and not a multimilion team that needs to the nearest milimeter accuracy for correlation purposes, so basically for work, not for fun.

Nimugp likes this.