The Right FFB??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Apr 4, 2017.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The Beta version is currently under development and users have to have access but, I don't recall all Season Pass details but, the two versions are independent of one-another. The non-beta is the Public release and if you have access to both, it's up to you if you want one or the other, or both. It's advised that Mods be installed into the public release - not the beta so as to not confuse mod issues with development issues.

With the Beta, you get early access to new content as it gets final testing and fine-tuning but, Reiza will be wrapping up development of AMS over the next couple of months before moving onto the new title so there won't be much new stuff coming now.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That is really cool! Strange that they are the same size.

I got the season pass so do I have to download all the DLC after? I would imagine I do? I quickly bought it and started downloading as I was running out the door for work.

One other thing, I didn't see anything about VR so I'm guessing no VR support?

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

That's your error. You think you need human judgement in order to validate if FFB is correct or not.

Ingame FFB is calculated according to steering geometry and forces in the tires.
    Unless they messed up in the involved formulae, which I doubt, it is a reliable figure. For what I tested in the past, the telemetry values seemed correct and responded in a logical way to changes in camber caster and convergence.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....on-interaction-with-road-surface.53601/page-3

For checking the correct transformation of that digital signal to torque at the wheel it is also possible to measure and validate it. You need a test setup though. I wrote a procedure to do so.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/request-ffb-thread.52612/page-2#post-857406

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    pkelly likes this.
  4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Both build versions are currently about the same because they just released a public update. Any DLC for your level should download automatically on Steam and be available when you play. VR support is planned for the future but, it's not currently a priority and my guess is that it will come with the new title, not AMS.

5. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

About soft clipping. AMS tend to do that with many cars as default. you need to open RealFeelPlugin text file and increase the values of "MaxForceAtSteeringRack" lines to avoid that. I don't remember what amount of increase was recommended. I think i doubled the default values.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

I think you misunderstood me. It's people that THINK FFB should GIVE this or THAT, and want to tweak it accordingly. Tell them they have to accept it out of the box without messing with parameters if you can. :D

Euskotracks likes this.
  7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Yes I misunderstood.
    I completely agree with that.

8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Be aware that the last update may have some issues with using the CSWv2; Reiza is working on a fix.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I find that i don't have to open the RealFeelPlugin text file but rather use Ctrl and numpad to adjust "MaxForceAtSteeringRack"
    Hey what happened to my text size??????????????????? Help

vegaguy5555 and Korva7 like this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  11. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Aaa. Ok. didn't know that. Thanks.

12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah this is the one. But you can also set to get audio feedback on the values you set through CTRL+NUMPAD buttons but i forgot in what file it was. EDIT: Its in the RealFeelPlugin.INI "SpeechEnabled=True".
    12-Jul-09-rFactorCentral-4808_ReelFeel.jpg

vegaguy5555 and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yes @Alex72, that is a must that i should have mentioned :)

Alex72 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That was quite the read! This was done back in 2011. Sounds like there are mods I never heard of. Seleen, which, unfortunately doesn't work very well. I wonder if they got it worked out now?

If I sound sarcastic I didn't mean it. A couple questions. This does work with rF2 and you are using it now?

This is one of the more interesting things I've read in a while. Thanks! I can't wait to try it. Is anyone else using this? It does sound a little intimidating.

15. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

No, realfeel does not work in rf2 atleast to my knowledge. Ams uses it.

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

That read-up is really for rF1 but the same "realfeel"has been implemented into AMS , you dont need to do any installation only go into the real feel ini and turn speech on then use Ctrl+numpad to adjust as needed . Most mods feel pretty good straight up but some need to have the force reversed and others need to go up or down only a bit .
    No unfortunately rF2 does not seem to have real feel :(

I just glanced over that read again (only had it on file to use the Ctrl+numpad instructions) .
    DON'T go looking for a Real Feel file to download and install , AMS already has it .

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I'm just looking through the manual for AMS for the first time. This is all a mind blow!
    It started to download the beta last night after the consumer version finished but I stopped it for the time being. Did someone say having the two will conflict or something? I don't remember agreeing to getting it. It was just there and now is downloading every chance now. Any advice?

18. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

If you're not wanting to try new builds / content early, then just go with the non-beta version. You won't miss much by doing so at this point. IIRC, the beta will transition into the new title's development builds at some point so you may want to get it then.

19. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I'm trying to install the Nordschleife and it locks. I followed the install instructions to 'location' and it said I had to rename the folder to 'commonmapsGSC .MAS' but it doesn't work either way.

20. Emery

Emery Registered

There's no NEED for realfeel in rF2 because the equivalent functions are already built into rF2 (and improved).

Alex72 likes this.