For The Love Of rFactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Mar 15, 2017.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Elevation changes are beautiful here. I guess that's why I like the older cars of any kind in rF2.

Although I managed to tame the Mercedes Benz Sauber C11 last night after getting my clipping app working. This was the first car that I had to use the 'smoothing' tool to stop it from destroying my wheel but what a rewarding drive around the Nordschleife.
    This was a new experience of sim driving. I'm always surprised when I get white knuckled scared arguing with myself. "Why am I on the curb? I'm driving the car and I'm in control." But it's the violence and horse power of this car that's intimidating, which needs to be tamed like a wild stallion.

Each setup step (adjusting triple screens, clipping tool, wheel settings and so on) brings me closer to more realistic driving conditions which in turn gives me more cars to enjoy.

This is were sim developers need to cater to the people trying their software. A setup procedure guide maybe? Or a step by step instructions manual?

The first time trying rF2, or any sim really, I was only experiencing a sliver of what it's capabilities were. And the same could be said about all the hardware as well.

I've spent more than three year's doing this and I am nowhere near an expert.

I asked this in AC. Is it possible to have clipping with the peddles, which is not a problem here? That is one of the things I like about rF2 is the quick response. I can really drive ahead of the car here.

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This, but for HistorX!
    I'll put big $$$ for a good rF2 version.

patrickkluiters and vegaguy5555 like this.
  3. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Me too :)

Hazi, vegaguy5555 and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Wha a beautiful car the Ford GT MklV is. I can't remember where it came from. I will have to find out so I can thank the guys!!

This car is perfect for the Targa Florio. It feels the most realistic for some reason I'm more likely to be closer to the right speed in the corners so it can be driven hard!!:p

In the Nordschleife2 2.01 this car has a blue haze out all the windows. I didn't use this car for a long time because I didn't know this was the only track this happens on. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? I love this track.:)

5. David Wright

David Wright Registered

Slightly Mad Studios.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks for that. That is sad.

Well, it drives better here!:p

7. David Wright

David Wright Registered

To be fair it should do. The physics of the mod is the Howston G4 with the Cobra 427 engine. The real Ford GT MkIV was about 30% heavier.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  8. Emery

Emery Registered

And had aero lift.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That's sounds pretty close to what it would be.

I vote for this car as future official content!!:)

10. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Hi guys!

I was just playing around with wheel settings. Got the clipping app working. Thank you to everyone who helped.

I tried turning up FOR to 130 on my Fanatec v2 wheel. I know, rF2 already has very strong FFB so I turned down gain in game so no clipping at all. I noticed more finer details now. So much so the AC Cobra is responding and I can still feel the road in a plowsteer, which is easy to do with this light, over powered, short wheelbase, little car. The Cobra is very drivable now. Still a ridiculous hand full but fun and sometimes manageable.:)

11. icecreamberni

icecreamberni Registered

Audi R8 (both normal road car and LMS) would be nice
    One of my favourite cars in Assetto Corsa and Project Cars

vegaguy5555 and Korva7 like this.
  12. softslider

softslider Registered

In triple minitors setup, driving Honda NSX or Skip Barber at Targa Florio is the FUN!! I try to be fast but more important thing at this track is NO ACCIDENT.

The reason for these cars is that I easily meet crash with faster cars. :)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  13. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Yeah!! I know what you mean. I like street cars, I guess because I have an idea of what it should feel like.

It is so hard to just drive the Targa Florio without flooring it around every corner!!:p

Are there any reasonable women in here. Cause I think I could really use a back seat driver with this track?

Maybe I should just pull over and ask for some directions once in a while? Maybe that may help?:oops:

softslider likes this.
  14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Here is a little video I made of the AC Cobra. This is with 130 FOR and 65 gain in game on my Fanatec v2. This is the only way I can get the car to respond. But as you can see it responds very well. I can't stop driving/abusing it.

I know it's a poor recording, I made it on my phone hanging from my teeth but I am very impressed with the graphics on this track and car. Take note of the reflection, which I like the most. I can even see color and some finer details in the hood.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  15. fullsus

fullsus Registered

Do you try BT20 ? You can't stop driving/abusing it same as Corbra but difference the taste.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What are all you wheel and in game settings for the v2?

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  17. green serpent

green serpent Registered

In regards to the OP, am I the only one who finds the Spark F1 extremely challenging to drive? To me it seems to be the most difficult car in rf2. I can manage the EVE pretty well, but the spark... I need more hours under my belt to tame that beast!

As far as content, I would love to see some more road cars, maybe some really well balanced sports cars like a porsche boxter/cayman, or lotus elise/exige. Also the latest camero LZ1 would be an awesomely fun to drive tail happy beast.

The ultimate car for me would be an alfa romeo gtv6, as I could then compare the sim car to my real life car.

peterchen, vegaguy5555 and Korva7 like this.
  18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I lowered gain to around 70-60. 65 is what I'm running with the Cobra. And with the Cobra this has to be 65 for me or the car is off.
    In wheel, FF 100, FOR 130 (for me this another must) I run 2-3 dil, SPr 100, dPr 50, Lln off, dEA off. I just noited I have some show on as well. I think I will try turning it off.

With other cars this doesn't work as well. Usually I have to turn FOR down to 100 or less but the Cobra is undriveable for me without more FOR. And I can tell when I've been driving something else and come back to to the Cobra and there is less than 130.

19. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! More balanced road cars indeed!!

This is where rFactor 2 shines. This is what is missing for me in AC/ I need to fix. rFactor 2 is even better with horribly balanced cars like the Cobra and the challenging F1 Spark.

You sound like I do in AC here. I Will Not make fun of you in any way. Post rude pictures or misquote you or tolerate it.

There is a lot of room for problems with this car. The weight transfer is massive. Something missing in AC for me. I have made videos on this subject with this car. If you don't have lots of real driving experience this car is going to be tough. And I don't mean sim driving experience.

The F1 Spark was the first car in rF2 that got me hooked. This car ruined AC for me. After driving the F1 Spark in rF2 I could not live without weight transfer any more. I have never felt my natural driving abilities in a sim until I drove this car. Good job to who ever worked on this in rFactor 2. You guys got it right.

If this is not the case for you. You have got something wrong in your system someplace and don't stop asking us how to fix it because it's an amazing feeling when it's right.

I can lose this car by just letting off the fuel to quickly at the wrong lean from a bump in the road at a hundred mile an hour plus.

Korva7 likes this.
  20. Depco

Depco Registered

As far as I'm concerned if I dont ever see any more Road car in rF2 I'll be happy. I wont mind if it was a modding group making the road car mod. I just don't want S397 using resources on developing road cars. I have Assetto Corsa for that. Lord knows they have a bunch of terrible road cars. I don't drive rF2 to experience road cars. I drive rF2 to experience racing cars. And for that rF2 is the best sim around.

I am sure the NSX, Cobra, Panos, and 8 versions of the corvette took many hours of development away from things that would benefit ISI's racing cars more. How many people drive any of these cars with any regularity compared to the racing cars? Would you drive the road vette for hours on end or would you have preferred driving the Corvette DP instead? (rhetorical question) I would have loved to get a finished vette DP instead of the road cars. It is another example of how poorly ISI mishandled the development of rF2.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017