[REL] rF2 Pedal Overlay Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by TechAde, Sep 7, 2012.

1. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I'll look into that next time I get a chance to look at the code. Not sure when that will be though sorry!

2. Praetorian

Praetorian Registered

Curious... does this plugin work with AMS?

3. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I doubt it as I think that's based on the rF1 engine and won't have the API callbacks that the plugin uses, which were only added in rF2.

Not entirely sure though as I don't have AMS.

4. Erick3331

Erick3331 Registered

Thank you, this is very good plugin and works well ;)

5. Spectator6

Spectator6 Registered

This is a must-have plugin, excellent work!

Would it be possible, though, to make the force feedback clipping indication more pronounced? I find it difficult at times to pay attention to my driving in a tight corner while trying to keep an eye open on the FFB line to see if it's hitting the max and turning red.

It may be easily noticeable if the bars were different grayscale gradients (light grey, medium grey, dark grey, etc) that way the ONLY color that would "flash" and hit the peripheral vision is when the FFB clips.

Thanks again for your excellent tool! @S397, consider including it in the base game!

6. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

First time user here.

Great plugin also to fine tune you FFB.

Great you will look in to the driver-swap issue Techade.
    If you can solve this stopping with a driver swap issue could you maybe inform the guys from simxperince and fanaleds how you did it.
    Their plugins also stop working after a driver-swap, they are trying to fix it for a while without result.....

Keep up the great work..

7. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi guys. Sorry for ot. Does anybody would mind to share the ingame settings for a g27? My wheel suffers of a dead feeling aerea when driving straight. There seems to be a deadzone at around 0°.
    Cheers and thanks
    Nitro

8. whitmore

whitmore Registered

NItrometh the FFB minimum torque gives the best results to lessen G27 dead spot.

Setting anywhere from a high of 17% down to 5% you will use. If set too high you will get the wheel shaking left to right while sitting still.

I started at 5 and have settled on 10 after trying many different values. My wheel starts shaking while siting still at 14% These are the settinga I am using for the Nissan Super GT500
    controls.jpg

Nitrometh likes this.
  9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I'm new to rF2 ini files and don't know my way around and I'm having a hard time with the instructions. What is the path to Overlay and Filteredinputs?

Thanks!

10. Goanna

Goanna Registered

There should be a file called rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.ini in your Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\ folder... the contents of which will look like below, adjust accordingly;
    Code:
    [General]
    OverlayEnabled=True
    OffsetX=1000
    OffsetY=1200
    BarWidth=20
    BarHeight=150
    DetailedLog=True
    FilteredInputs=False

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  11. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That's it!

I had read this before I had got the pedal overlay app and then I could recall where I had seen this. Thanks.

12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Do I make all the values match yours? Some of them are a lot different.

Both OffsetX and Y are zero. Both Bar are at 10 and 50.

Thanks for your help.

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Nope...my native resolution is 2560x1440 so those numbers(1000 & 1200) put the overlay close to the bottom and center of my screen. I also enlarged the bars a bit to account for my piss poor eyesight :D:D Tinker with it to get what is best for you.

14. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Think I must have gone wrong somewhere - I have downloaded the zip file that contains 2 dll files which have been extracted to the relevant folder. I have started rF2 and the plug-in does not show. So, have looked for the ini file, but cannot find it [in the ....rFactor 2\UserData folder]. Anyone know what I haven't done correctly?

Thanks

EDIT: Managed to find an ini file in a saved config elsewhere - going to try that.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  15. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

OK - have put the ini file in my Userdata file and edited the x and y offsets, but still not showing. I am using triple screens [5760x1080] and aware of issues with plug-ins showing on the outer screens. I have adjusted the offsets to 'appear' on the centre screen [x=3000 y=1000], but still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Check your CustomPluginVariables.JSON file to see if it is enabled like below....you'll find it in your Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player folder
    Code:
     },
      "rF2PedalOverlayPlugin_x64.dll":{
        " Enabled":1
      },

17. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Not even listed! Will add the lines and see what happens.
    Thanks Goanna :)

18. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Still no luck - I do get a small plug like icon start up in the far top left corner of the left screen. When I had a single screen, this was a precursor to the plug-in appearing. Nothing on the triples though :-(

19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Just to confirm that you do have the dll's in the right folders...
    If you have a 64 bit system and running rF2 in 64 bit mode then your rF2PedalOverlayPlugin_x64.dll file should be in Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins folder.

If you're running rF2 in 32 bit mode then the rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.dll file should be in Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32\Plugins folder

20. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Aahh! Think I see the problem then. I followed the instructions supplied at the beginning of this thread:
    Version 11 released, functionally identical to version 10 but adds an x64 build of the DLL that will work with rF2 unstable build 767. The zip now contains both 32-bit and 64-bit builds of the DLL, extract both to the Plugins folder and rF2 will choose the correct one for the rF2 exe you're using.

I suspect that if I move them to the correct folders................

Thanks