Formula 1 1988 released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by carrera.4, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Are the tracks still a WIP?

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I subscribed to this mod thru steam workshop about a month ago,it worked then but today I came to try it again but when I try to load any track car combo it crashes to desktop before completing .
    Anyone know why

3. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

I have this issue when using the Arrows. The rest of cars work fine for me.

4. Foresight

Foresight Registered

nice mod Carrera !

and dont reduce the sound, it's not outrageous but gorgeous, awesome ;)
    we can really feel that the car is a beast !

5. jepeto

jepeto Registered

how many laps i ve done ? a sure is that the mod is a succeed ; thanks to carrera.

6. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Nice mod. Just wondering if there will be templates, or as least allowance so we can use our own skins? Cheers

7. Rapala

Rapala Registered

Any chance you could adjust the head movement so that's more inline with other rf2 mods? At the moment when you brake the view goes into the cars dashboard. I know you can adjust cockpit vibration to minimise this, but I use RHM so even with cockpit multi at 0, the head movement is still very exaggerated.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I use the realheadmotion plugin and these are the settings I use. The movements of the helmet are very subtle with these settings.

Attached Files:

Eric Rowland likes this.
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Your screen shot does not show the Realheadmotion settings?

Does Realheadmotion override all other settings consistently, so you get the same effects regardless of whether you are using stock content or this 1988 mod? Or does it "multiply" whatever the original car-mod settings are?

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. All mods should use standard and consistent settings. Otherwise the 95% of the world who prefer the standard settings have to fiddle around; change the setting only for this one mod; fiddle with Realheadmotion; etc. It's the same for sound volume. Why on earth would a modder make their car 50% louder than the stock vehicles? If you love loud cars, crank up your volume. But having one mod different from the norm just causes hassle and headaches for all involved.

As far as I know, the laws of physics did not change when driving a 1988 F1 car. G-forces acted the same in that vehicle as any other. The humans driving it had the same bodies. The helmets were not extra heavy. Why would there be a need for exaggerated head physics when there is already a slider in the UI (that applies to all vehicles equally--for the reasons I just stated) so people can set whatever degree of head motion they find appropriate?

rF2 head motion doesn't actually work properly, but we don't fix it by making non-standard mods and expecting everyone to install and fiddle with a plug-in every time they switch from one car to the next (which is what would be required if all mods were custom). We should ask S397 to fix it. The one from AMS works perfectly and logically, so they can just copy it.

Love this mod and sorry to rant. But this non-standardization is exactly what is most wrong with rF2 and killing it. S397 can't fix it fast enough.

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

What does ps mean regarding engine power? It is not a term we use in Australia

11. hallenstein

hallenstein Registered

12. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Weird seeing the "PS" term used here, the only other place I've seen it is in Japanese racing games on PS2. It actually means "metric horsepower". 1 PS is 0.98632 HP.

Is carrera.4 Japanese?

13. bwana

bwana Registered

be interested to know how you think DX11 will effect the huge amount of work you have done already. hoping its not too much of an issue or burden.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

yes it is odd seeing it, so does that mean the normal term HP is kind of like imperial if ps is metric?

15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

More a matter of wrong translation than different units I guess. PS is the german translation for HP (Horsepower = Pferdestärken). ;)

F1Aussie likes this.
  16. Louis

Louis Registered

Are we already in DX11?

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Not yet Louis, just wondering if carrera thinks it will be much effort to adapt his work or if needed

18. Louis

Louis Registered

Oh sry. I saw now in "development News" Thats is expected for May 1st the next big update.
    Hope third party mods could make the transition without too much problems too.

bwana likes this.
  19. bwana

bwana Registered

Especially with a mod of the size and scope as this.

Louis likes this.
  20. Schumi

Schumi Registered

The main problem is that we do not yet have an build for testing DX11. Because of this, no one can pinpoint the timing of how fast we can adapt our mods. Maybe hour, maybe week, maybe month... I think everyone who does mods hopes to release updates in the same day when dX11 comes out for public release.

Adrianstealth likes this.